Black screen and vibration

dams37fr

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

Yesterday my ATIV S crashed (like it happens sometimes), but this time it doesn't want to reboot : there is just a black screen and the phone vibrates.
The only way to stop it is to remove the battery. But once I put the battery back, the phone starts (without pressing any button), shows the blue windows logo and then the black screen and vibration.

I tried to do the hard reset combination key but it doesn't work. I also tried to enter the download mode but it still doesn't work. It's like the buttons doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas to solve this problem? Do you think that my phone dead?

Thanks!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Yesterday my ATIV S crashed (like it happens sometimes), but this time it doesn't want to reboot : there is just a black screen and the phone vibrates.
The only way to stop it is to remove the battery. But once I put the battery back, the phone starts (without pressing any button), shows the blue windows logo and then the black screen and vibration.

I tried to do the hard reset combination key but it doesn't work. I also tried to enter the download mode but it still doesn't work. It's like the buttons doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas to solve this problem? Do you think that my phone dead?

Thanks!

Welcome to Windows Central.

My L1020 exhibited similar symptoms a few months ago. Unfortunately, it looks like your phone has experienced the same fate - bricked phone. You may, however, try to connect your phone to your PC first and see what happens. Then, you may want to take it to a service center and have it diagnosed there first before deciding to have it repaired.

dams37fr

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you both for your answer.

I already tried the hard reset, but it doesn't work. I have also pluged my phone to my PC but nothing.
So I will go to a service center and see if it is worth repairing it...

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you have i8750 or t899m variant?
Have you tried flashing your your phone?
You have procedure in first post in thread "Latest firware updates ..." In this pdf. Take a look.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
My friend had this exact same problem but on Lumia 630. They told him that the motherboard was fried and replaced it so now it works flawlessly again. I don't know what to recommend to you other than taking it to service center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes