Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Driesb

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Using the root tool I changed some registry settings. See post of Mitja583 (post #2572) in forum "Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates". I am on the Insider release preview.
Battery drain is modest, I have to charge it every 1.5 day (moderate user). Never had any restart problems.

MikolFr

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Last 14361 seems to be ok but ... after a week-end, a bug appears: my phone can't "hear" me when doing speech-to-text. So, speech-to-text for SMS or Cortana does not work, or only one time after reboot. Cortana can't be used with voice. Perhaps a RedStone bug or an ATIV S firmware lack ...

Mitja358

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Is 650 really better than Ativ S?

From the HW perspective maybe not so much, but overall with SW and FW, YES it is! I got Lumia 650 for free with 2 year contract.

Looks much more elegant (that alluminium border is awesome), weight less and is ultra slim with Mozo wood back cover, amaizing front face camera and all working much more smooth and battery drain is very low - 2 days with no problem. And all this on Redstone build (but I must admit that new store for Redstone is very slow!).

rmcbarreto

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody

I found an interesting thing in Camera360. The photos I take with the rear camera have only 2MP and with the front camera 4MP witch is impossible! But with ProShot everything is fine! But the photos I take with Camera360 are good photos!
Anyone have a solution for this? If there is no solution, it's worth to buy ProShot?

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I can explain the 2M maybe. ATIV S has a 4:3 ratio sensor. If you set it 16:9, it shrinks to an absymal 2 megapixel, don't ask me why. I'm pretty sure it happens also in Pro Shot if you select 16:9 aspect.

Can't explain the front facing weirdness..

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
isthere a way to prevent receive updates? I am on .318 spavlin rom. Yesterday I received .420 but my phone not completed the updated and got softbrick. I reflashed .318, i received .420 but i restarted phone during preparaing updtae to make it fail. I don t want to receive new updates! I want to stay on .318

rmcbarreto

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I can explain the 2M maybe. ATIV S has a 4:3 ratio sensor. If you set it 16:9, it shrinks to an absymal 2 megapixel, don't ask me why. I'm pretty sure it happens also in Pro Shot if you select 16:9 aspect.

Can't explain the front facing weirdness..

thanks! I thought my phone was going crazy!!

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
isthere a way to prevent receive updates? I am on .318 spavlin rom. Yesterday I received .420 but my phone not completed the updated and got softbrick. I reflashed .318, i received .420 but i restarted phone during preparaing updtae to make it fail. I don t want to receive new updates! I want to stay on .318
My ativ updated from .318 to 420 on Spavlin rom without any trouble... Try one more time the update.
I haven't solution to disable the update.

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded to .420 without any trouble.
I am using no ROM, just Insider.

This is the FIRST build of W10 I am actually enjoying on Ativ S.
No more everlasting loading, lag, opening apps and doing anything ...

Now it feels good again using my phone.

Am I the only one seeing this much difference with this build ?

P.S. what's the camera app are you all suggesting/using ? I believe I still have fucus problem and I can't still do 'MACRO' shots.

EDIT :

Ok Camera360 Sight rocks ... but how can I set it as default app ? Can I do it without a custom rom ?

Last edited:

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering, if any of you have made the "Gadgets" app work properly?

All I can get is "waiting for restart" and endlessly 5 small dots across the screen.....:(

Driesb

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I suggest you do a soft reset first. If this does not help try a hard reset. I have no problems with both cameras (BTW never had).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss