Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Lorenzo Baroni

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Ferdinando Valsecchi

Just make sure that you don't use the quick action. It's a known issue, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any fix available for now. However, if you want to change the brightness, one thing you can do is use the slider in the setting page. To access that quickly just tap and hold the brightness button on the quick action menu :)

It's ok, switching the toggle off did the trick.
Now the slider doesn't have any effect, brightness is always set to the maximum.
Not a big deal, I tried the tweak in interop tools but it says I need to do a hard reset. Maybe tonight I will.
Apart from that I have to say rs is waaay better than th, it feels really smoother and stable. Not to mention battery which is doing really well compared to th.

pecet

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Guys, what should I install to edit registry in TH2? My phone is no longer Interop Unlocked, because i did soft reset few times.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I wasn't too hopeful about that..
Anyway, how did you hard reset device?

For w10m, it's complicated:

Reset an unresponsive phone
1.Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).

2.When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3.Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Just to make sure: If you do a hardreset on RS1 you can still use this phone? I remember back to 14295 I tried a hardreset and nothing worked. No Apps were installed, no Store, nothing. So it was useless, but now it works? :)

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Just to make sure: If you do a hardreset on RS1 you can still use this phone? I remember back to 14295 I tried a hardreset and nothing worked. No Apps were installed, no Store, nothing. So it was useless, but now it works? :)

That was my experience as well, but apparently now it changed (I haven't tried yet, so you can wait for someone else's 100% informed answer!). Also to get back into registry hacking you can use interop tools since they took out everything else!

Lorenzo Baroni

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Dave Velo
Originally Posted by Lorenzo Baroni
Yeah, I wasn't too hopeful about that..
Anyway, how did you hard reset device?

For w10m, it's complicated:

Reset an unresponsive phone
1.Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).

2.When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3.Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down.
Thanks mate, good to know. 👍

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I made a hard reset on 14393.5 just yesterday and everything is working fine. I have to say it's working even better.

Yes, I recommend a hard reset. It definitely fixed some problems for me and the restore process worked flawlessly. Be sure to do a backup to the cloud before proceeding.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

the gaston lagaffe

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a big battery drain on W10M release .494 (ATIV S) ... i tried HR but nothing changed :/
When i using my phone after HR , the phone works perfectly one or two day but after that the problem comeback and the battery fall very quickly ...I did everything I could to change that but the battery drain is still there.

If someone have an idea to change that ?...

I hope that anniversary update change that , but it's seems that my phone can't receive update without hack registery.

Which tools and method should i used for that ?

EDIT : Ok i should used this app : Interop Tools Appx for Windows 10 Mobile - r?€? | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a big battery drain on W10M release .494 (ATIV S) ... i tried HR but nothing changed :/
When i using my phone after HR , the phone works perfectly one or two day but after that the problem comeback and the battery fall very quickly ...I did everything I could to change that but the battery drain is still there.

I hope that anniversary update change that , but it's seems that my phone can't receive update without hack registery.

Which tools and method should i used for that ?

EDIT : Ok i should used this app : Interop Tools Appx for Windows 10 Mobile - r?€? | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

Have you tried changing the battery? It is possible that is completely worn out..

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

You might check Cortana settings and turn off what Cortana does in the background. Also check other programs as well.

ssx1000

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
For those blacking out their screen with the toggle and auto brightness bug: Use the project my screen app and usb connection. You'll get your phone screen on the pc screen to fix the settings there. At least that's how I managed to fix it.

Is there anyone, who tried .10? Are there any improvements to .5?

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
For those blacking out their screen with the toggle and auto brightness bug: Use the project my screen app and usb connection. You'll get your phone screen on the pc screen to fix the settings there. At least that's how I managed to fix it.

Is there anyone, who tried .10? Are there any improvements to .5?

Thanks for the tip. Nope, .10 update hasn't shown up on my phone yet.

BTW, anyone out there able to get auto brightness to function correctly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss