Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
People on this forum have had no success getting W10 to work on ATIV S in the past. This will be no different.

Yes we had success. I've had W10 on my former Ativ S and it worked on par as how it worked with simmilar Nokia devices. Maybe new build won't work, but some in the past had worked.

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Since MS want to make W10M work on Lumia Denim firmware I hope it will work on last Ativ Fw (24.24.15.3.2) without problems in RTM stage too
Sent from my Ativ S with Tapatalk 2

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
How is the battery life for the latest build compared to WP8.1? How about laggs for while playing games? Does it heat up while doing simple tasks like twitter etc.?

I want to upgrade but not sure. I had some bad time with build 10149 so I think I'm ready to upgrade but if there are the same issues like before not a chance.

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I think no Lumia users are having a bad time with last windows 10 builds since so many HTC 8X are currently bricked. You are at your own risk but if I were you, I wouldn't attempt to install any new build yet.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
My ATIV S, insider fast ring to .341, no fake model, region selected to US and I received the 10536 update right on the same day it released and It works fine on my device. I don't feel any difference in battery life on my three years old phone, the store works ok. A lot more resume/reload everywhere especially when there's some update going on background.

The only big issue is that this TP build seems not support ATIV S camera so I lost the autofocus function and it got blur image even I try 3rd party camera app and it "show" the focus area on the screen it still not working. I also couldn't find quiet hour setting in the setup so I have to turn the sound off when I go to sleep so it's a bit disappoint. Some tile also lose the icon upon it sometimes but it's minor. Overall speaking I carried my ATIV S for few days and I think it's ok. Looking forward for the next version of build for better support!

wp_ss_20150922_0002.png
wp_ss_20150922_0004.png

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150922_0003.png
    wp_ss_20150922_0003.png
    108 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
My ATIV S, insider fast ring to .341, no fake model, region selected to US and I received the 10536 update right on the same day it released and It works fine on my device. I don't feel any difference in battery life on my three years old phone, the store works ok. A lot more resume/reload everywhere especially when there's some update going on background.

The only big issue is that this TP build seems not support ATIV S camera so I lost the autofocus function and it got blur image even I try 3rd party camera app and it "show" the focus area on the screen it still not working. I also couldn't find quiet hour setting in the setup so I have to turn the sound off when I go to sleep so it's a bit disappoint. Some tile also lose the icon upon it sometimes but it's minor. Overall speaking I carried my ATIV S for few days and I think it's ok. Looking forward for the next version of build for better support!

View attachment 112693
View attachment 112694

Nice too see it work properly, hoping they will solve camera problems.

Let us know if it will be solved with camera app update or in further builds. I really want to update it with registry hack but I want to be sure there aren't major issues.

Last edited:

luiz eduardo4

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm new here'm from Brazil and I'm Ativ S is version 8.10.14203 and firmware 0424.13.10.1 use TIM operator would like to know how to upgrade to Windows 10 and whether it is worth or better and upgrade to the latest version 8.1 and as I do because I am with the Preview for Developers and inform the unit that is already updated.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm new here'm from Brazil and I'm Ativ S is version 8.10.14203 and firmware 0424.13.10.1 use TIM operator would like to know how to upgrade to Windows 10 and whether it is worth or better and upgrade to the latest version 8.1 and as I do because I am with the Preview for Developers and inform the unit that is already updated.

Hi, luiz
I was also using insider preview update my ATIV S all the way to 8.1 update 1 and it works fine, just a bit proformance lost compare to WP8.0.

For win10m, all I have done was just choose fast ring and it just come to my phone automatically. However I think the chance to update to W10M without using fake model is passed once they fix the leak open to non-lumia deviced so I'm not sure if you can get it or not.

There's noticeable performance lost again compared to WP8.1 and all you get is almost nothing but UI change for normal user. You might deploy apk to your win10m with developer software but the effect/performance is not promised...plus you will lose the AUTOFOCUS of your camera at current stage. If this is your spare phone I say go for it but if it's not then I'll say wait for the next build and see how it goes, even eventually we have to shift to win10m but at least we can choose a better time to move in. Now it's just time for basic use and trying, not ready for heavy usage (game, photo, productive tools) in my point of view.

luiz eduardo4

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, and that my main phone so I'll wait because very game.

You can not upgrade to WP10 by the speech application that is then not only supported changing the name.

I could spend the best way to upgrade the WP 8.1, because I have a very old version of firmware and OS version.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I decided to try W10M once more on my Ativ S. I use it as a 'company phone', it used to be my personal phone but since then I've had a L1520 and a L930 of which the L930 is my main now. So I stuck the sim card I got from my company in it (looking forward to a 950 Dual Sim, haha).

Anyway, it took me about 5 hard resets. First time I had to deal with a flickering screen and random reboots. The second, third and fourth time it did not install basic apps like Messaging and the Store for example. So the phone was mostly useless for anything besides calling. It also rebooted randomly, got stuck on black screens etc. Now since the last hard reset (which I did by button combo, should not make a difference but you never know) it's running nice. It doesn't seem to have a lot of performance issues running W10M, no huge slowdowns and overall it feels about the same in smoothness as my L930 running the same build.

As mentioned, the main flaw is the camera autofocus. Since I don't really use the camera it's no issue for me, so I'll keep it running on W10M and see what problems the next build will bring :p.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
After like two weeks of experiencing W10M in my ATIV S, I feel the browser are getting slower. Especially when I browsing wpcental forum, the loading is slow, the touch response of getting in a topic or jump to different page is bad (I have to press few times and not sure if it sends commend or not). The loading bar is lag and slow, I have my LG G2 and iPhone 6+ doing the same work under same wifi AP and they are obversly faster so that's rule out the connection problem. I think the performance will really be an issue for those old snapdragon S4 devices, it's wried that those S400 devices are not more powerful than ours but all I can see they are happy with W10M TP build and says it running fast on their device......

Last edited:

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
You perfectly described my experience when loading windowscentral.com on my 1520. Was the same under WP8.1 as now under W10M build 10536. I even have to push the back button several times during navigation and wait for a reaction, but must not push 1 to much.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the Windows Central website is ridiculously slow and not optimized all that well. This is even noticeable on desktops in IE for example. It's design and ads over speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs