Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Is the autofocus problem present with other camera app too??

Interestingly, I just tried the camera360 sight app, it seems start to work and can focus on different region of the view.

At the same time, updated build-in camera app still failed to do so.

I think it just gave our ATIV S a little more hope in W10M.

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Interestingly, I just tried the camera360 sight app, it seems start to work and can focus on different region of the view.

At the same time, updated build-in camera app still failed to do so.

I think it just gave our ATIV S a little more hope in W10M.

Really good news. If the only issue will be the camera, we could use 3th party apps. I brought ProShot and it's fantastic

reem zedek

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
Without the bug with the focus on the camera, I had one more bug.. I can't enable vibration on my bar.. Can someone have the same bug?

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I tried to install build 10536 by editing the registry and pretend my phone is a Lumia 925. Once Windows 10 was installed, everything worked except I couldn't send or receive messages, but 3G and phone were working perfectly. I tried to reset the phone but I got no Store and Messaging app, I had to flash back to 8.0. Could anyone here who managed to make build 10536 work on his ATIV S could tell me how to do exactly ?

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine only started working properly and installed the Store and other missing apps after about 4-5 hard resets. The last one was via button combo instead of via Settings, though that normally shouldn't matter.

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I'll give another try this weekend so. But did you get the build during the Microsoft mistake or by editing the registry ? If yes, could you tell me what values you remplaced ?

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
So I tried to install W10 with these values, it worked fine and my ATIV S is running it very well but I still have this problem with SMS, I cannot send or receive any message...

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it's normal, you have to specify the APN manually. A simple google search (eg. "fido internet and mms apn") will give you the required information. Then go to Settings > Cellular and Wireless options > Cellular and SIM options and specify the internet and mms apn.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Strange, i don't have any problem with the SMS/MMS. Here's what I can do so far:
- Receiving text messages from the two steps authentification
- Sending and receiving SMS/MMS to my own number
I'll conduct extended tests later.
Note that i specified manually my internet and MMS APNs.

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I will try with the new 10549 build tonight, I hope it will work. Maybe it depends of country and operator. I live in France and use Free Mobile network.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm from France too and don't worry, the build 10549 will work on the Free Mobile network*. Last time I upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile, I was in France and the build 10512 worked on the Free Mobile network.
The issues you may encounter are OS related issues (battery drain, missing applications after hard reset...). For now, the build 10549 is working perfectly on my Ativ S.

* But you'll have to set the APN manually (MMS at least, maybe internet too).

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm from France too and don't worry, the build 10549 will work on the Free Mobile network*. Last time I upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile, I was in France and the build 10512 worked on the Free Mobile network.
The issues you may encounter are OS related issues (battery drain, missing applications after hard reset...). For now, the build 10549 is working perfectly on my Ativ S.

* But you'll have to set the APN manually (MMS at least, maybe internet too).

Are you on build 10549? Are there any bugs? Is camera focus problem solved?

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep,, I'm on build 10549. I have found a few bugs:
--------
- On the lockscreen:
- Some notifications are not displayed (eg. the little message icon with the message count on the lockscreen is not t displayed on my Ativ S)
- Others are buggy (eg. outlook notification still displayed on the lockscreen even after i dismiss it in the notification center)
--------
- The camera autofocus problem is not solved yet
- A few applications may randomly crash when resuming (Groove only 1 time since yesterday, Messages 3-4 times)

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
So I have installed build 10549, and everything is fine, but again, I can't send or receive any text message. To install the build I first rolled back to Windows Phone 8 and text messages were working fine before the update. Should I change something in "phonemobileoperatorname" before upgrading, or change my CSC (I'm from France) ?

Last edited:

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
So I have installed build 10549, and everything is fine, but again, I can't send or receive any text message. To install the build I first rolled back to Windows Phone 8 and text messages were working fine before the update. Should I change something in "phonemobileoperatorname" before upgrading, or change my CSC (I'm from France) ?

Which phone did you pretend?
You should not need to modify the registry to get the SMS working. If you send an SMS, do you see after a few seconds the time appearing in the SMS square you just send?
I will try to put my Free Mobile SIM in my phone to check (but right now I'm in Montreal so I will be using Rogers network).

About the build 10549:
- The Messages application is definitely buggy: often crashes when resuming
- W10 need battery usage optimizations

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I used the values you gave me (RM-1040_1021) and I also tried with other values I found, that was a french Lumia 630, but the two gave me the same results. I don't see the time appearing in the SMS square, and it stays like this until I restart the phone. When the phone restarts, I get like 20 notifications for the same message that say "Cannot send message".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99