Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
RM-1040_1021 was a value that grozaman suggested. I used RM-825 (Nokia Lumia 820) which has closer specifications to the Ativ S.
Did you specify the APN? I know it isn't really relevant bu who knows...

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I will try with this one, but I'm really not convinced that it is going to work. Yes, automatic APN was working (no problem with data, 3G and everything) but as I was unable to send SMS, I couldn't send MMS too, but the difference is that when I sent the MMS, I had a message saying it is impossible to send a MMS.
I tried to enter a manual APN for Internet and for MMS, Internet was still working perfectly then, but MMS didn't work and neither SMS.
I made some research and I found on a chinese forum that I am not alone but I did not find any solution.

Edit : You surely had to flash back a WP8 rom to your Ativ S before upgrading to 10549, could you tell me what ROM did you use ? Maybe this is the problem.

Last edited:

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Oups, sorry, I did not realize you posted an answer.
I had this kind of problem on build 10512 but this was a system related problem: at a point, i was unable to send and receive SMS.
I used the CMJ1 ROM. You have to use this one in order to get the latest Samsung firmware (15.3.2). You can find it in grozaman's Yandex drive.

By the way, I'm now on the 10572 build and it is kind of amazing. It runs great on the Ativ S. They improved the battery usage, camera pictures are no longer blurry, notifications for the message/phone are back when the screen is locked, no more flickering tiles when you go back to the home screen, less error with missing applications after a hard reset (the first hard reset worked perfectly for me)...

Last edited:

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Oups, sorry, I did not realize you posted an answer.
I had this kind of problem on build 10512 but this was a system related problem: at a point, i was unable to send and receive SMS.
I used the CMJ1 ROM. You have to use this one in order to get the latest Samsung firmware (15.3.2). You can find it in grozaman's Yandex drive.

By the way, I'm now on the 10572 build and it is kind of amazing. It runs great on the Ativ S. They improved the battery usage, camera pictures are no longer blurry, notifications for the message/phone are back when the screen is locked, no more flickering tiles when you go back to the home screen, less error with missing applications after a hard reset (the first hard reset worked perfectly for me)...

You make me want to install this build...

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
;-)
If you're about to do so, you should wait for the next week. Gabriel Aul said that there were chances they release a new build (in order to fix the W10M build to build upgrade).

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I tried to install the build pretending a Nokia RM-825, and again it is the same thing. I always flashed my ATIV S with CMJ1 ROM. This only difference is that this time I get a notification instantly saying that my SMS cannot be sent. And when I try to hard reset my phone, I got no apps and I can't do anything except rolling back to WP8...

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep, ATO CSC and 15.3.2 firmware with the last WP8 update I can get with a pretended ATIV S. After the registry hack (I use the same method as for updating to 8.1.2), I first get the x.341 update, then I get the W10M update.

Adrien Stora

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep, this is the first thing I checked and it was ok. (I also tried with putting 0 instead of +33, disabling and enabling international numbers assistant in phone settings, no change). I really don't know what to do, plus I am actually on 8.1.2 (flashed back then did all the updates...) and my SMS are really working fine.

assyriska

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I tried the the new build, but after 6 Hard Resets the settings app is still missing. Is it necessary to edit the registry after a hard reset?

Hope Gabe will release the new build today.

Last edited:

assyriska

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
yep....after the first reset, i had to reset through the button combination because the Settings app is not available.

I am using this Firmware

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 8

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the same ROM and CSC file. Which phone model did you pretend?
I'll write a detailed guide in order to see if those problem are related to the phone hardware (which would be strange), I'm just waiting for the next build.

assyriska

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I edit the reg to a Lumia 925 and a Lumia 820. With both i get again the same error, that after i installed the preview an doing a hardreset, i have no Setting app and no edge browser etc.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Here is the process I follow every time I upgrade my phone to a new Windows 10 Mobile build:

• Flash Windows Phone 8.0 GDR3 ROM (GT-I8750_OXACMJ1_R_SIGNED.csc and GT-I8750_XXCMJ1_R_signed.wp8)
    /!\ Don't forget to select the ATO CSC
  • Update to Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14157.200)
  • Update to 15.3.2 Samsung firmware
  • Developer unlock (using Windows Phone Developer Registration 8.1)
  • Install Preview for Developers on the SD card
  • Install Windows Insider application on the phone storage
  • Using Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1: install CustomWPSystem_0500.xap on the phone storage
  • Patch Preview for Developers with CustomPFD_0003.xap using CustomWPSystem application
  • Using the patched Preview for Developers: change the following keys
  • -- PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
  • -- PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-825
  • Select Fast ring in the Windows Insider application
  • Update to 8.1 (8.10.14219.341)
  • Reselect Fast ring in the Windows Insider application
  • Update to Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10581.0)
  • Hard reset from Windows 10 Mobile

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Here is the process I follow every time I upgrade my phone to a new Windows 10 Mobile build:

• Flash Windows Phone 8.0 GDR3 ROM (GT-I8750_OXACMJ1_R_SIGNED.csc and GT-I8750_XXCMJ1_R_signed.wp8)
    /!\ Don't forget to select the ATO CSC
  • Update to Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14157.200)
  • Update to 15.3.2 Samsung firmware
  • Developer unlock (using Windows Phone Developer Registration 8.1)
  • Install Preview for Developers on the SD card
  • Install Windows Insider application on the phone storage
  • Using Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1: install CustomWPSystem_0500.xap on the phone storage
  • Patch Preview for Developers with CustomPFD_0003.xap using CustomWPSystem application
  • Using the patched Preview for Developers: change the following keys
  • -- PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
  • -- PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-825
  • Select Fast ring in the Windows Insider application
  • Update to 8.1 (8.10.14219.341)
  • Reselect Fast ring in the Windows Insider application
  • Update to Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10581.0)
  • Hard reset from Windows 10 Mobile

How is Ativ with 10581 build?

assyriska

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Now it worked for me. After updating to 10581 i had to hard reset my Ativ S through the key combination. Now it is working very well.

The Preview is running very smoothly and fast, the only Problems are (except the normal preview bugs):

1. Camera is not focusing (normal camera app)
2. Wireless Lan channel 12, 13 are not working after hard reset, had to Change the Wireless Lan Channel of my router ( perhaps Driver Problems)
3. APN had to be set manually
4. haptic Feedback of the softkeys is not working.

All in all i can say, that with this build ( 10581) the Ativ S can be used as a daily driver.

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Now it worked for me. After updating to 10581 i had to hard reset my Ativ S through the key combination. Now it is working very well.

The Preview is running very smoothly and fast, the only Problems are (except the normal preview bugs):

1. Camera is not focusing (normal camera app)
2. Wireless Lan channel 12, 13 are not working after hard reset, had to Change the Wireless Lan Channel of my router ( perhaps Driver Problems)
3. APN had to be set manually
4. haptic Feedback of the softkeys is not working.

All in all i can say, that with this build ( 10581) the Ativ S can be used as a daily driver.

Thank you for your feedback. Have you tried 3rd part cameras, like proshot, Camera360 sight etc? Does focus work with them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos