Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
i've started the phone without sim and sd card and everything goes well, after the main settings i've restarted the phone with sd card and sim. No bug, except for the button's vibration.

i've a question, when will be released new builds of Win10 TP, can i update directly from this Win10 build (10581) or i must downgrade to 8.0 GDR3 and do again all the passages??

They are saying you wont need to dg to wp8.0 to get a new build anymore I think.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Not if you did a hard reset (which is kind of necessary). Here's what I answered in the firmware thread:
If you hard reseted your phone after updating to W10M, yes you'll need to reinstall the Insider application.
But it won't help you: the insider application seems to be working on the phone model in order to deliver new updates, not on the OS.
So basically, if you hard reseted your phone, your phone model in the registry is back to GT-I8750 and your phone manufacturer to SAMSUNG: the insider application won't offer you to select a ring which means no 10581 update.
So for the next build, there are three solutions:
  • Samsung allows the Ativ S to receive the Windows 10 Mobile preview builds
  • We find a way to tweak the registry on Windows 10 Mobile
  • Downgrade to WP8 GR3 and upgrade to the latest Windows 10 Mobile build
If you didn't hard reset your phone, you should see the next update.

### ###

UPDATE: And I was wrong. For Windows 10 Mobile, you can use Root Tool (see djamol XDA Developers post). Just enable the developer mode on your phone, install the application and use the registry editor. Thanks to lukas_ita.

Last edited:

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Not if you did a hard reset (which is kind of necessary). Here's what I answered in the firmware thread:

So for the next build, there are three solutions:
  • Samsung allows the Ativ S to receive the Windows 10 Mobile preview builds
  • We find a way to tweak the registry on Windows 10 Mobile
  • Downgrade to WP8 GR3 and upgrade to the latest Windows 10 Mobile build

If you didn't hard reset your phone, you should see the next update.

Custom PFD works with win 10. And on XDA you can find the interop-unlock for win 10 too

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
You're welcome. Had anyone test Bluetooth? I've a MS band, I hope it will work properly when I will update my Ativ (I will move to win 10 with next build)

Mika Tiilikainen

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581. I've been using Bluetooth such as Windows 8.1.
The phone and obd-reader operates in the car. Here Drive+ directions can be heard from the car speakers. Also WhatsApp calls works in the car.

sudoplant

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Does this interop unlock method allow us an easier path to Windows 10 than that which is outlined on the previous page? Or do we still need to downgrade to 8.0 and follow those upgrade steps?

Two other questions: What is the hard reset key combination and would any of you like to upload a short video of build 10512 in action?

Thanks, nice job everyone!

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Does this interop unlock method allow us an easier path to Windows 10 than that which is outlined on the previous page? Or do we still need to downgrade to 8.0 and follow those upgrade steps?

Two other questions: What is the hard reset key combination and would any of you like to upload a short video of build 10512 in action?

Thanks, nice job everyone!

You don't need to downgrade if you hard reset your phone. Just modify registry keys and re-install Insider and you can get new builds. Maybe I will make a video with next build (10586 RTM)

vikz95

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have an Ativ S with Windows Phone 8.10.14203 Update 1.

Could you explain me what files I have to download from the Grozman's yandex archive?

I would move to build 10586 when will be released.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Already using it ! :p
It's working well but I noticed a few things. Among these things: you can't leave a feedback in the store. It indicates that the phone is missing a hardware feature and thus, the feedback functionality is disabled.

vikz95

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Is there any difference in selecting Lumia 820 or Lumia 920 in the register editor. Or you could select any Lumia and this doesn't matter. I'm asking because Lumia 820 has a smaller display than Ativ S.

bicie

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, please help me. I would update my Phone to build 10586.. Now I'm on 10581, How can I edit the registry key? When I connect my phone to the pc, the SDK 8.1 Lite gives me an error and i cant unlick my Phone to install the modified PFD.
And after the update, i read that the Phone goes in bootloop. For our ativ s is necessary do anotger hard reset or not? I did hard reset when i updated my Phone to 10581 from 8.1.2.

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Downloading 10586.11
Already using it ! :p
It's working well but I noticed a few things. Among these things: you can't leave a feedback in the store. It indicates that the phone is missing a hardware feature and thus, the feedback functionality is disabled.
I updated it this night.
What I have noticed:

-No more Here maps and Here Drive (I was using them with 10581 yesterday :-o )
-Still no aufocus on basic cam app
-The APN list is still poor but in default APN, all my operator parameters are rirgths! (Bouygues Telecom)
-Still no MVV

+Data sense ? (Stockage) is corrected, everything are now OK (coice betxeen Internal or SD memory location)
+Edge is now sync with PC and others!! Really nice expected impreovement!! :cool:

Hi guys, please help me. I would update my Phone to build 10586.. Now I'm on 10581, How can I edit the registry key? When I connect my phone to the pc, the SDK 8.1 Lite gives me an error and i cant unlick my Phone to install the modified PFD.
And after the update, i read that the Phone goes in bootloop. For our ativ s is necessary do anotger hard reset or not? I did hard reset when i updated my Phone to 10581 from 8.1.2.
I cannot help you, I was on 10581 but my PC didn't recognize at all the Ativ, so began the update from 8.1 GDR1

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Update Toutencarton post:
Here is the process I follow every time I upgrade my phone to a new Windows 10 Mobile build:

• Flash Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 ROM (GT-I8750_OXADOC2_RS.csc and GT-I8750 XXDOC2_RS_signed.wp8)
    /!\ Don't forget to select the ATO CSC
  • Update to 15.3.2 Samsung firmware
  • Developer unlock (using Windows Phone Developer Registration 8.1)
  • Install Preview for Developers on the SD card
  • Install Windows Insider application on the phone storage
  • Using Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1: install CustomWPSystem_0500.xap on the phone storage
  • Patch Preview for Developers with CustomPFD_0003.xap using CustomWPSystem application
  • Using the patched Preview for Developers: change the following keys
  • -- PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
  • -- PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-825
  • Select Fast ring in the Windows Insider application
  • Update to 8.1 (8.10.14219.341)
  • Update to 8.1 (8.10.14219.341) I don't know what is this second update it found (same number...). As far as I had this second update, Windows insider was buggy... I did a Hard reset And did again the action listed upper (from "Developer unlock" to ""Select Fast ring in the Windows Insider")
  • Update to Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10586.11) (more than an hour!)
  • Hard reset from Windows 10 Mobile
At least, for information, on 10581, begin update from 8.1 GDR1 to 10586 took me 5 hours. It tooked me another 5 hours to recover all the datas automaticaly (i.e. non manual action, with back-up from windows mobile 10 (10581!)) : reinstall all the app, sync everything...

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
You dont need to set the model...only phonemanufacturer = Nokia..

It works great...I am really satisfied for now... Only autofocus doesn't work on stock camera but it does with proshor..not so bad

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I suppose that if stock camera does not focus neither does Office Lens. Could someone confirm it plz? Its the only thing preventing me from upgrading...

assyriska

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded to 10586.11 and can confirm that it is working nice and fast. Only Bugs: 1. Stock Camera App don't focus 2. APNs have to be set manually 3. Hardware Button Vibration is not working.

Office Lens is working fine, it seems that office Lens is using the old camera.apk. So office lens is focusing like on WP8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786