Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Really strange! instead of "focus mode", I have "lumi?re MAP" which seems to be a parameter relative to the flash... (version 2015.1088.21.0)
What is your Camera version ?

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I thought you needed apn settings because you had some trouble to set apn.
To enable focus just open default camera then tap on the 3 points in the top-right corner, scroll down and you will see "focus mode" "messa a fuoco" on screenshot (disable by default)

View attachment 117269

On my brother's phone there is on that place "focus light" settings. App version is 2015.1088.21.0

What FW are you on? I8750, right?

sudoplant

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the helpful response guys. To recap, there are no device specific instructions for installing Windows 10, but I need to worry about them when upgrading firmware or downgrading back to WP8.X. Can I use the samwp8 tool by WOLF to edit the registry from my computer (since I'm having problems using CustomWPS)? Also, can I back up the current T899M ROM image on my phone and use the SMD binary tool to flash it back if I want to revert to 8.x?

Dusan Randj, Is that a Flip Flop on your homework page? :) You look like another fellow Electrical Engineering student.

Last edited:

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Camera 360 Sight or Proshot are ok for focus.
We just need a new update of Windows Mobile 10 which solve the "camera button" bug.
Direction: parameters / peripheral device (P?riph?riques) / Default camera (Appareil photo par d?faut)/ Choose an app as default cam soft (Choisir une application d 'appareil photo par d?faut)) .
By this moment we will just affect another app such as Camer 360 Sight to the camera button ;)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Dusan Randj, Is that a Flip Flop on your homework page? :) You look like another fellow Electrical Engineering student.

Will be giving the upgrade a try this weekend on my T899M. I'll post a video review if it works.

I seriously have no idea what are you talking about, my English isn't very good :D
don't know what is homework page here, but if you are refering to my avatar, it isn't mine picture, it's actually local viral video hero. :D
But yes, I was studying some kinda Electrical course (PC tehnician) is higchool, but now in college I'm at course of Engineer of Living Enviorment Protection :)

si124

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to Interop Unlock Sasmung Ativ S on Windows 10 10586 build? If yes, how?
I can change registry with Root Tool 2.0, but no Interop Unlock.

Thanks for help!

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
from a microsoft perspective:
twitter.com/MicrosoftHelps/status/664648176691974144
Well, we already knew MS would provide the image to OEMs. The question is if and when Samsung will get around to making it available to their end users.
Based on recent rumors and bits of information, it seems they (Samsung) are completely unaware of anything relating ATIV S in some country's while in other country's they are hinting at, or confirming te be working on, W10M for the ATIV S. The natural followup question of course is which version(s) of the ATIV S will get the update. (i.e. GT-I8750ALA**, T899M, S Neo, SE)

CoachLinton

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The other part of the question besides version is what influence will carriers have on the rollout if they do provide an update? Sprint (US) takes forever to roll out anything with Windows, hence the reason I joined the Dev Preview.

bicie

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
hi guys, i have a problem.. i'm on windows 10 since 3 weeks more or less, until now everything was okay.. but yesterday evening when i went to sleep i put my phone in charge.. this morning the phone was at 77 percent, after 9 hours of charge!! The other times the phone was completely charged in 1.30/2 hours.. So i used the phone this morning just for messaging on whatsapp and in 1 hours the phone goes down to 35 percent... When i come back to home i put the phone in charge again and from the 15 percent at 12.30am now is on 81 percent, and the phone was always in charge... if i remove from the charge the battery goes down too fast.. please help me..

Last edited:

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The other part of the question besides version is what influence will carriers have on the rollout if they do provide an update? Sprint (US) takes forever to roll out anything with Windows, hence the reason I joined the Dev Preview.

Samsung France told me there was no upgrade scheduled for the Ativ S.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
and the same thing happend to my father's ativ s

Please, use the edit function instead of posting two consecutive messages.
Plus, you should create a dedicated topic.
Your problem could be system or hardware related. To find the root, you should first hard reset. If the problem is still here: downgrade on WP8.1. Still the same battery problem? It's hardware related.

bicie

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
On 8.1.1 the battery goes well on my phone and on my father's phone too... But from yesterday we have the same problem... The battery goes down too fast, this morning in 2.30 hours the battery goes down from 100% to 44%, and i used the phone with 2g connection and only messaging on whatsapp.. I have only whatsapp that works in background

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I also noticed the same trouble from thursday to saturday...

The battery drain was to heavy! From 100% fully charge, it dropped down and powered off in 3 or 4 hours.
Even on charger, I wasn't able to use a lot as the drain was more important than the charger power..

For example, by car, I couldn't use Waze as th battery drop too fast!

I don't understand how it appeared as I was on this release from 2 or 3 weeks 10586.11

In the same time, I noticed I couldn't also download ans upgrade the app from the store, but it was possible before this moment!

Finally, saturday, I decided to downgrade to 8.1 to upgrade to 10586.29
Now, everything is OK again, I think the battery drain is the best I noticed since I am on WM 10!

bicie

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I also noticed the same trouble from thursday to saturday...

The battery drain was to heavy! From 100% fully charge, it dropped down and powered off in 3 or 4 hours.
Even on charger, I wasn't able to use a lot as the drain was more important than the charger power..

For example, by car, I couldn't use Waze as th battery drop too fast!

I don't understand how it appeared as I was on this release from 2 or 3 weeks 10586.11

In the same time, I noticed I couldn't also download ans upgrade the app from the store, but it was possible before this moment!

Finally, saturday, I decided to downgrade to 8.1 to upgrade to 10586.29
Now, everything is OK again, I think the battery drain is the best I noticed since I am on WM 10!

Thx for your answer, now i downgrade to 8.1.. Hope that everything will be okay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos