Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Lorenzo Baroni

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I red that if you use the hack to install the preview you can then upgrade to .107. I'd like to try but the lack of a proper firmware keeps me from doing it.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
When using the new production preview ring of windows insider, i get the new .107 build offered as an update (i'm still on wp8.1), but after downloading i always get the error 801882c2 :(
Can someone here confirm this/ knows what to do here?

PS: not using any hacks or tricks here like imitating some Lumia, just got this as a normal update from stock 8.1, but with said error

I had the same error : you must select the Insider Fast ring and not the Insider Release Preview ring.
The .107 build runs pretty well on the Ativ S.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone wants to update to .29 through phone settings. If I proceed, do you know if the phone will continue to update until it reaches .107?

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same error : you must select the Insider Fast ring and not the Insider Release Preview ring.

I can't select rings, it says that there are no updates available:

App-versie - 1.3.233.2
OS-versie - 8.10.14203.306
Vertakking - WPB_CXE_R1
OEM - SAMSUNG
Model - SGH-T899M
FW-versie - 2212.13.11.2
IMEI - x
MEID - Niet beschikbaar
MDN - x
MOID - BEL-CA
Feedback-id - A9C8F118E9FECDD1A36390453C308BE7
WPS ID - b6bcc3506b9098b8532a3b5732613afca50fc8d28e54c3cf94597eb0c5f02b7f
Vrije ruimte sys - 242.302.976 bytes
A-Last run - Niet beschikbaar
A-Trigger - Niet beschikbaar
A-Pending - 0
Cab refresh - Niet beschikbaar
Cab timestamp - Niet beschikbaar
DPP unlocked - False

Tony Saragosa

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Has any one had any luck reverting back to Windows Phone 8 after installing Mobile 10? (T899M)
I installed 10 last night, seemed to work fine, but I was having issues with text messages, so I decided to restore factory defaults, and it's stuck in an endless boot cycle when booting. Though I can get it into download mode, and have the original factory rom and loader, and driver, however the driver does not seem to work, it has an exclamation point on it, error is can not start driver. was there a new download mode driver released when Samsung updated their firmware after releasing 8.1? as apposed to 8? I'm trying to restore it on my spare computer, after it wouldn't work on my main Win10x64 desktop, trying different OS combinations,
Wouldn't work in Windows 7 x86, or Windows 8.x86, now trying 8 x64. it's not my main phone, but I'd hate to see it permanently bricked because of a driver issue.

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Yep, the best for the moment I think :)

My phone wants to update to .29 through phone settings. If I proceed, do you know if the phone will continue to update until it reaches .107?
If you are in Insider Fast Ring, Yes ;)

I can't select rings, it says that there are no updates available:

App-versie - 1.3.233.2
OS-versie - 8.10.14203.306
Vertakking - WPB_CXE_R1
OEM - SAMSUNG
Model - SGH-T899M
Check 2 or 3 pages before, you'll find the trick, you have to change the Manufacturer name ;)

Has any one had any luck reverting back to Windows Phone 8 after installing Mobile 10? (T899M)
I installed 10 last night, seemed to work fine, but I was having issues with text messages, so I decided to restore factory defaults, and it's stuck in an endless boot cycle when booting. Though I can get it into download mode, and have the original factory rom and loader, and driver, however the driver does not seem to work, it has an exclamation point on it, error is can not start driver. was there a new download mode driver released when Samsung updated their firmware after releasing 8.1? as apposed to 8? I'm trying to restore it on my spare computer, after it wouldn't work on my main Win10x64 desktop, trying different OS combinations,
Wouldn't work in Windows 7 x86, or Windows 8.x86, now trying 8 x64. it's not my main phone, but I'd hate to see it permanently bricked because of a driver issue.
When you are on Windows 10 mobile, the problem is not the driver, it is just that now, your mobile is not in WP8.
You have to install the new SDK tool (for WM10, it is the same as 8.1):
"WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.20.zip" have a look on previous pages maybe, or on google ;)

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your answers!

Check 2 or 3 pages before, you'll find the trick, you have to change the Manufacturer name ;)

But...

When using the new production preview ring of windows insider, i get the new .107 build offered as an update (i'm still on wp8.1), but after downloading i always get the error 801882c2 :(
Can someone here confirm this/ knows what to do here?

PS: not using any hacks or tricks here like imitating some Lumia, just got this as a normal update from stock 8.1, but with said error

Confused! :) I guess changing Manufacturer name still works but that takes a bit more effort and maybe risk (guide is written for I8750 for instance instead of my T899M so I know I have to use another ROM, but there might me more pitfalls I'm not aware of).

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I've just updated from .29 to official .107 version simply using windows update! The update experience was perfect, the system experience is pleasant. Now the start screen is more reactive. I think that even the focus issue is almost gone, I'm gonna check deeplier.

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
No, I had updated nearly 2 months ago from wp8.1 to w10m .29 with the registry edit method. I try to remind you the main steps, hopefully unnecessary for you now:
- You check your fw version is 15.3.2 and your OS is 8.1 update, e.g. 14219.341 was mine, 14203.206 is ok as well, I think
- Install the MS app Preview for developers (PFD) into your sd card
- Prepare your w10 PC:
○ Get Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1 within the visual studio community 2015 installation
○ go to Settings/Updates/For Developers and enable Developer mode, in your PC
○ Connect the Ativ s and enable it as a deployable phone, you find a dedicated app among all apps, visual studio list
- Download RootTool.xap and CustomPFD.xap and deploy them to the phone (sd, maybe) with the previous deployment tool
- Use the 2nd app to give PFD admin permissions to RootTool
- Open RootTool and in SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo, PhoneManufacturer,
replace Samsung string with NOKIA
- Install Windows Insider from the store and join the slow ring
- Now you can update to w10m!
- Go ahead and accept every settings backup it will try to restore from 8.1
- Make a hard reset (important, at least for .29)

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Did all that awhile back. Currently, my phone has 8.1.2 (8.10.15137.148). Windows update now wants to download 10586.29. As I mentioned earlier, if I update to .29, do you know if it will continue to .107? Thanks

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, in fact I think .29 is the step to come in win 10 mobile.
Moreover if I well understood, 107 is now minimum in Insider normal ring ;)

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
You guys should install w10m .107 when you can. It's actually listed as a production release. When you get it installed, do a hard reset and then install the windows insider app and enroll without changing your phone model. You're gonna love what you see. ;)

I'm not going to spoil it. But I think you'll all be very happy. :D

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Confused! :) I guess changing Manufacturer name still works but that takes a bit more effort and maybe risk (guide is written for I8750 for instance instead of my T899M so I know I have to use another ROM, but there might me more pitfalls I'm not aware of).

Went through all hoops with flashing an old rom and changing the manufacturer. That did the trick! Seems to work fine mostly on my T899M, even though my hardware was on 15.3.1.0 and firmware on 2212.15.2.1 (couldn't update any further with or without PfD!). Had Bluetooth issues before doing a factory reset but not any more. Also didn't enter download mode correct, some descriptions aren't complete(ly clear). I really do miss the vibrating feedback when pressing the hardware buttons since now it's not that clear that the phone has registered your action if it doesn't respond instantly. Next to that, photo's with the regular app are bad (probably the focus issue).

Now, I'm going to find out how to install (sideload) an adblocker :)

Last edited:

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
You guys should install w10m .107 when you can. It's actually listed as a production release. When you get it installed, do a hard reset and then install the windows insider app and enroll without changing your phone model. You're gonna love what you see. ;)

I'm not going to spoil it. But I think you'll all be very happy. :D

Please spoil it :p What are we gonna see?

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
How did you instal it? I'm on10586.107. What are registry parameters? Thanks.

I didn't, just trying. I've seen two methods:
Hosts file - look at XDA developers ([MOD] Ad blocker thread). Full FS needed.
App that changes Hosts file: look at XDA developers (xap-adblocker-windows-phone-8-x-). Needs Interop Unlock and all capabilities unlocked.

Information about how to do these things seems to be in a thread called '[XAP] [v1.2] Interop Unlock for Samsung WP8 phones (+W10M support)' and '[XAP][GUIDE] Interop Unlock for WP8 + all Capabilities', but Wolf's Interop Unlock doesn't seem to work on my SGH-T899M on Windows 10, I don't get the notification. Tried to overwrite the hosts file through Root Tool but it didn't work, I couldn't save the new file so I guess I didn't have the rights to do that. Because of that I'm stuck at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05