Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
An Active S will NOT run 1004, hence you cant see it. Think of the fast ring as for the 950/950xl and the other new phones that came with Win 10 mobile ( currently anyway ). In the meantime you will only have slow and production rings. These are on .122 at the moment. I wouldn't bother with the fast ring at the moment, you'll be wasting your time

I'm still at .107 and no update available (sgh-t899m, production ring). Sure about the .122 for everybody?

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
It should be in release ring. If you can run .107, I don't see a reason why you can't run .122

.107 is the last update in the production ring. .122 is the latest update in the slow ring, and 14xxx.xxxx (cant remember) is the latest update available in fast ring only for the 950/950xl (and other current phones)

anon(8208347)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Am I correct in thinking that in order to get back to 8.1 from 10 I use the WP8 SMD binary USB Downloader Ver. 3.47.exe with the 8.1.1 ROM and the Samsung drivers?

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Last week after installing W10 .122 I did a hardreset and didn't install PfD and didn't modify the registry to change manufacturer name. However today I got .164 :cool:

Rimil0uz

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Yap I'm my phone is still on .164. And no PfD has been installed. As I said after .122 I did a hard reset and got a clean W10 .122. w/o registry tweaks and w/o PfD. And got the message to update to .164... The installation completed flawlessly.

MikolFr

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

since last Insider update I tried to setup registry PhoneManufacturerModelName to

RM-937_eu_euro1_970

and I don't have to hard reset with this kind of phone. It's a time gain, let's try it.

If you want to support Windows 10 on Samsung ATIV S, another topic talking about a petition is there, just go up on forum.

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
PfD? Does that even have any use on W10? I was under the impression that when you want download software earlier, you've got to use Windows Insider?

I'm on .107. I do have some random reboots (more than at 8.1), sometimes the battery keeps vibrating every 2 seconds while the phone has randomly shut down, standard camera app doesn't focus (even though I heard some people don't have this problem anymore?), battery life seems to be a little bit worse. Overall stability and reliability is a bit worse, but not terrible. I'm curious whether newer versions will solve these problems for me!

Mitja358

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Just move to "Insider Release Preview" (that's new PfD on W10M) in Windows Insider app and update it to .164. No need of PfD on Windows 10.

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Nobody is speaking about the new 10.0.14283.1000 in Insider Fast ring.
I'am on this release since a few days, it seems to be as good as I was on last .107.

If it can help,
Regards,
Cyril

rmcbarreto

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have a Samsung Ativ S and I want to install the W10M. I want to ask you if it is possible to make a new guide teaching step by step how to install it, for people like me who don't know a lot, but want to try! I know there are instructions in the middle of this post, but I think a new guide would be great!

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Nobody is speaking about the new 10.0.14283.1000 in Insider Fast ring.
I'am on this release since a few days, it seems to be as good as I was on last .107.

If it can help,
Regards,
Cyril

.164 is highest for me on fast ring on a "NOKIA" SGH-T899M

EDIT: sorry, had to change it to MicrosoftMDG instead of Nokia. It's downloading right now.
Edit2: I'm on 14283.1000. Wifi didn't work so I did a hard reset. Installation didn't complete the until I removed my sim. Then it did install but after reinserting the sim I am having problems with mobile data. Can't use it and if I try and reboot afterwards, wifi doesn't connect anymore. Removing sim and rebooting solves that but I'm running in circles. I wanted to delete the apn but I can't since the menu freezes on me with sim and without sim the apn doesn't show up.
Also, the maps app doesn't start (presumably because if the lack of mobile data?) and some strings aren't translated in Dutch.

Last edited:

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
.164 is highest for me on fast ring on a "NOKIA" SGH-T899M

EDIT: sorry, had to change it to MicrosoftMDG instead of Nokia. It's downloading right now.
Edit2: I'm on 14283.1000. Wifi didn't work so I did a hard reset. Installation didn't complete the until I removed my sim. Then it did install but after reinserting the sim I am having problems with mobile data. Can't use it and if I try and reboot afterwards, wifi doesn't connect anymore. Removing sim and rebooting solves that but I'm running in circles. I wanted to delete the apn but I can't since the menu freezes on me with sim and without sim the apn doesn't show up.
Also, the maps app doesn't start (presumably because if the lack of mobile data?) and some strings aren't translated in Dutch.
For me, I have been in fast ring and MicrosoftMDG for a while so I jumped directly into 14283.xxxx from the .107
I have no problem with Wifi.

Did you wait a moment so that the entire mobile could be install (all parameters, apps...)?

Now, you seem to have a problem with the apn parameters.
For me, it has never runs automaticaly since I am in WM10...
So have you tried to create your own Internet APN & your own MMS APN parameters ?

In my case, the only trouble of the 14283.1000 are the same as many older version:
- camera focus problem... (I use Camera360 Sight without any trouble :) )
- the connection sharing (not sure on the .1000, I have no occasion to test it but it was still present on the .0004 version) where it cut when the screen become blank...
These 2 bugs are historics but still not solved, really boring...

Hope it helps you!

anon(9839885)

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I've been following many threads here for months but this is my very first post :smile:

In my case, the only trouble of the 14283.1000 are the same as many older version:
- camera focus problem... (I use Camera360 Sight without any trouble :) )
- the connection sharing (not sure on the .1000, I have no occasion to test it but it was still present on the .0004 version) where it cut when the screen become blank...
These 2 bugs are historics but still not solved, really boring...!
@Skyjouby, don't you have these (also historic...) bugs ?
- When you want to wake up the phone from sleep state, sometimes the screen stays blank and you have to try many times before getting to the lockscreen.
- No vibration when you hit the physical navigation buttons

My Ativ S is in 10586.164 (after updating from .107 and .122) and I always faced these problems, but for me the wake-up issue is really the worst.

kderh

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Here are all the bugs I encountered in the past 2 weeks using 122 and 164:

- Waking up the phone with the front button often enables the half-screen one-hand-mode (annoying).
- Ambient light sensor not always working
- No button vibration (always had this turned off anyway to save energy)
- Camera focus does not work in default app, works in ProShot
- Apps like Store and Groove crashing often
- Two edge browser crashes, resulted in graphics errors when playing videos in the browser until reboot
- Music dropdown song title stuttering
- Groove had no menu icon after updating, the icon appeared after hard reset

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Did you wait a moment so that the entire mobile could be install (all parameters, apps...)?

Now, you seem to have a problem with the apn parameters.
For me, it has never runs automaticaly since I am in WM10...
So have you tried to create your own Internet APN & your own MMS APN parameters ?

Hope it helps you!

I've waited for at least half an hour, even soms time after it updated all apps.
I couldn't set up my own apn since the menu freezed on me.

Reverted back to 8.1, will upgrade to 10 whenI've got some more time but will try to get to the official version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans