Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
hey! I'm having problems with sms synchronization in w10mobile, so far it didn't synchronized anything! What can I do?

Same thing here.

The phone doesn't send/receive text/SMS messages.

Windows 10.0.10586.164

Doesn't anybody use SMS services these days?

I've seen multiple ppl reportedly using 10.0.10586.164 but haven't heard of anybody to be unable to send AND receive SMS... Up until this afternoon when I finally got the phone upgraded. Sheeeeit!

just to please our moderator

No...Samsung Ativ S wont receive W10. No second wave, no 3rd wave, nothing. Update 1 or 2 doesnt matter because your phone isnt supported on WP10 platform and wont be in the future

How come akoj's phone passed Upgrade Advisor checks then?

Tap selected text and context menu appears. I have another problem, sending / receiving SMS do not work..

Heck man, where have you been yesterday? 😎

If only I knew there wouldn't be no way to send and receive text messages, I wouldn't upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.

I've checked with my phone, and... I cannot send nor can I receive SMS messages.

There are no error messages whatsoever but when I send a text message, none of the recipients recieve it.

Again, when somebody sends me a message, I don't receive it.

That's bad news. A phone without text messages it's barely a phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Tap selected text and context menu appears. I have another problem, sending / receiving SMS do not work..

Caught it!

To enable support for SMS service and be able to send and receive SMS edit registry settings back to SAMSUNG GT-I8750.

Since SAMSUNG is using its APN/advanced text messages apps for configuring GSM settings, you have to set your phone as SAMSUNG as these apps are dependent on the manufacturer and don't run if your phone advertises itself as Nokia.

rmcbarreto

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Same thing here.

The phone doesn't send/receive text/SMS messages.

Windows 10.0.10586.164

Doesn't anybody use SMS services these days?

I've seen multiple ppl reportedly using 10.0.10586.164 but haven't heard of anybody to be unable to send AND receive SMS... Up until this afternoon when I finally got the phone upgraded. Sheeeeit!

I will wait to see if the nest update solve this issue

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I will wait to see if the nest update solve this issue

No need to wait!

As I've said before, the issue is easily fixed by setting PhoneManufacturer to SAMSUNG and PhoneModelName to GT-I8750.

I also suppose that completely removing Samsung system apps (found in All settings|Extras) could have helped here.

Is there anybody who's having no issues sending and receiving text messages yet has registry settings for Nokia? Do you have Samsung APN, advanced text messages, etc in Extras?

pecet

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
You are probably right, because I did reset my phone and problem disapeared :) It was strange because new messages pop out when I turned phone on without sim card

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
just to please our moderator

No...Samsung Ativ S wont receive W10. No second wave, no 3rd wave, nothing. Update 1 or 2 doesnt matter because your phone isnt supported on WP10 platform and wont be in the future

In case anyone's interested, I have an ATIV S with OS: 15137.148. All registry entries have been reset to their original settings. Update advisor shows this:
wp_ss_20160320_0001[1].png

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Caught it!

To enable support for SMS service and be able to send and receive SMS edit registry settings back to SAMSUNG GT-I8750.

Since SAMSUNG is using its APN/advanced text messages apps for configuring GSM settings, you have to set your phone as SAMSUNG as these apps are dependent on the manufacturer and don't run if your phone advertises itself as Nokia.

I'm taking my words back. This is only partially a fix.

The phone now sends text messages but only after a restart. I goes like:

? You send a message.
Nothing happens.
? You restart the phone.
Once started the phone sends the last two SMS messages that were sent in the previous session.

You can't send text messages until a new restart.

Moreover, the phone doesn't receive text messages.

Does anybody know how do you remove vendor-specific system apps (those in Extras)?

On Windows Phone 8.1 you could set the system time 100 years ahead, and then you had to tap on each of the extras you wanted removed.

This trick doesn't work on Windows 10 Mobile.

pecet

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
In case anyone's interested, I have an ATIV S with OS: 15137.148. All registry entries have been reset to their original settings. Update advisor shows this:
View attachment 124014

Well Dave install it and share your experience with us, im courius about it ;) Maybe its better performing than hacked version.

Exotic Hadron- well said, it all was the same in my case.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well Dave install it and share your experience with us, im courius about it ;) Maybe its better performing than hacked version.

Exotic Hadron- well said, it all was the same in my case.

Nope, I won't install 10 until I'm positive MS as worked all the bugs out. Can't afford to have the phone malfunction. BTW, the update that's listed is 10586.29. I know some folks have already made it this far. My question is whether or not newer, available updates will continue download once I commit?

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, damn luck. What happens if you put your registry settings back to "Nokia", etc. and try updating?

Don't know :)
After upgrade to Update 2, I did a hard reset and I don't have, for now, the possibility (and time) to edit the registry.

I still hope that one day we'll get official W10 :)

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't know :)
After upgrade to Update 2, I did a hard reset and I don't have, for now, the possibility (and time) to edit the registry.

I still hope that one day we'll get official W10 :)

Doubtful, but who knows. I wrote a scathing email to Samsung after they replied to me saying that the Ativ S is an 8.1 phone and it couldn't be updated. My previous email to them mentioned that Nokia models having hardware similar to the Ativ S, were receiving the update! Anyway, I told them they were lying, and that they simply don't want to bother supporting their expensive three year old phone. Screw them! I'll never buy another Samsung product.

radioheadfreak

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I've updated my ativ s to w10m and it has been working great so far, sms works, calling works, only 2 issues are a stuttering camera app and an occasional blank lockscreen (Fixed by pressing camera button)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05