Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Source: Windows 10 update history - Windows Help

Updates for Windows 10 Version 1511

Show all
April 12, 2016 ? KB3147458 (OS Build 10586.218)
This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

Improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11, .NET Framework, wireless LAN, Microsoft Edge, Windows Update, logon, Bluetooth, network connectivity, map apps, video playback, Cortana, USB, Windows Explorer, and Narrator.

Fixed issue with connectivity of USB devices until OS restart.

Improved discoverability of printers when a device resumes from sleep.

Fixed issues with lock screen.

Support for visual voicemail on dual SIM phones.

Fixed issue with audio playback using Groove music and other music apps on a phone.

Fixed issue with revised daylight savings time.

Fixed additional issues with shutdown delays, Narrator, Cortana, roaming data usage, buying apps in the Store, video playback, facial recognition, Bluetooth pairing, Microsoft Edge, logon, Internet Explorer 11, Live Tile updates, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Installer (MSI).

Improved security for CSRSS to address security feature bypass.

Fixed additional security issues with Security Account Manager Remote Protocol, HTTP.sys, secondary logon, Microsoft Graphics component, .NET Framework, CSRSS, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.

pecet

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I agree. For me edge performs little better. Also app switching is more fluent. It's overall faster and battery consumption is lower.
But camera still don't focus and that one finger bug is annoying.

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
The .218 is indeed running pretty well on the Ativ S.
One funny thing about the autofocus with the primary camera is that it works in some applications like the Authenticator but not in the Windows Camera application. How sad... :/
And the front facing camera autofocus is working.

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
It means bootloop. Windows Logo, Samsung Logo -> restart.
Arf... I will stay in my poor 10.0.14291.1001...

The .218 is indeed running pretty well on the Ativ S.
One funny thing about the autofocus with the primary camera is that it works in some applications like the Authenticator but not in the Windows Camera application. How sad... :/
And the front facing camera autofocus is working.
I would really love to go back to 10586!
For camera, I'm using Camera360Sight which is really good :)

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
If you want to go back to the 10586 build, downgrade to WP8.1.1 using SMD Binary Downloader v3.54 to flash an factory ROM and then, upgrade to W10M (fast ring from WP8.1.1 to get 10586.107 then Release Preview Ring from 10586.107 to get 10586.218).

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Attention 14322 does not work on the ATIV S anymore!

I was too late to seeing this.....

Now needs to rollback and start all over....=__=

However being in W10M for few months, I really failed to see it's potential over WP8.1 especially on old devices....UWP support is the only reason it stay in my ATIV S thought.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
If you want to go back to the 10586 build, downgrade to WP8.1.1 using SMD Binary Downloader v3.54 to flash an factory ROM and then, upgrade to W10M (fast ring from WP8.1.1 to get 10586.107 then Release Preview Ring from 10586.107 to get 10586.218).

I'm still on 8.1 update 2. I've reset all registry entries to their defaults. Windows update keeps asking me to update to 10586.29. If I initiate the update, do you know if the update will continue to .218? Thanks

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm still on 8.1 update 2. I've reset all registry entries to their defaults. Windows update keeps asking me to update to 10586.29. If I initiate the update, do you know if the update will continue to .218? Thanks

Your problem is that it seems Windows Update has downloaded (or started downloading) the 10586.29 update before you restored your phone registry values. At this point, only a hard reset can save you because there is no simple way to reset Windows Update on Windows Mobile (if there is a way at all). And no, the update will not continue to 10586.218 because you restored the registry value and each time a system update is installed you need to re-enroll your phone in the insider program.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I was too late to seeing this.....

Now needs to rollback and start all over....=__=

However being in W10M for few months, I really failed to see it's potential over WP8.1 especially on old devices....UWP support is the only reason it stay in my ATIV S thought.

The only reason I went from 8.1 to 8.1 update 2 was the hope that my phone and my Logitech BT keyboard would communicate... they don't. Have you tested any BT functions on your phone?

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Your problem is that it seems Windows Update has downloaded (or started downloading) the 10586.29 update before you restored your phone registry values. At this point, only a hard reset can save you because there is no simple way to reset Windows Update on Windows Mobile (if there is a way at all). And no, the update will not continue to 10586.218 because you restored the registry value and each time a system update is installed you need to re-enroll your phone in the insider program.

Hi, no I don't believe there was any attempt to start downloading 10586.29. Automatic Update is turned off. If I use the Upgrade Advisor app, It simply says there's an update available and to go to Phone Update. Perhaps all phones running 8.1 update 2 are automatically targeted for 10. Does that make sense?

anon(9600179)

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi, no I don't believe there was any attempt to start downloading 10586.29. Automatic Update is turned off. If I use the Upgrade Advisor app, It simply says there's an update available and to go to Phone Update. Perhaps all phones running 8.1 update 2 are automatically targeted for 10. Does that make sense?

Automatic update turned off doesn't mean Windows Update cannot search for new update.
And yes, It may be that maybe they check the system build number first, if not compatible, they perform a check on the phone manufacturer and so on.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps all phones running 8.1 update 2 are automatically targeted for 10. Does that make sense?
It hardly is so. I had Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 on the phone and Upgrade Advisor wasn't considering the phone as eligible for upgrading to Windows 10.
Up until I changed PhoneManufacturer in DeviceTargetingInfo from SAMSUNG to NOKIA and enrolled into Windows Insider program I wasn't able to upgrade to Windows 10.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
each time a system update is installed you need to re-enroll your phone in the insider program.

I don't feel this is rightfully so.

I've enrolled into Windows Insider program only once when the phone was on Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2.

After that I underwent 3 updates (10586.107->.164 (soft reset) ->.218 (no reset), and i didn't do anything with my enrolment to run these updates. I haven't run Windows Insider anymore after upgrading once from 8.1 to 10.

All updates to Windows 10 the phone received without me needing to play with enrollment into Windows Insider program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss