Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
No update for me too. No idea about data, i dont use cellular data.

Despite what I have said before, it seems that you have to re-apply for Windows Insider Release Preview builds after upgrading to 10586.218.

I also wasn't offered an upgrade to 10586.242 until I started Windows Insider app and reapplied for Insider Release Preview builds.

I checked membership status in Windows Insider app (tap About) and it showed that I wasn't participating in the Preview program.

Before build 218 membership status kept intact.

After I reapplied for the Release Preview builds, I was able to receive 10586.242.

Now when on 10586.242 checking status on About in Windows Insider shows that membership status wasn't reset after upgrading from 218 to 242.

Hope it helps.

Driesb

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
After I updated to .218 I did a hard reset and my registry settings are now the original Samsung settings. I am now stuck to the production ring. I do not mind since .218 is running smoothly. I guess build .242 will come in a few days.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
After I updated to .218 I did a hard reset and my registry settings are now the original Samsung settings. I am now stuck to the production ring. I do not mind since .218 is running smoothly. I guess build .242 will come in a few days.

What are you using for a registry editor?

Driesb

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I did the registry trick when I upgraded from WM8.1 to WM10. After a hard reset I lost the registry settings and went back to the original. I understand that there is no registry trick for WM10, unless going back to WM8.1 and start allover. Build .218 is running very smoothly so I stay on that build (=production ring) and wait for coming builds.

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I did the registry trick when I upgraded from WM8.1 to WM10. After a hard reset I lost the registry settings and went back to the original. I understand that there is no registry trick for WM10, unless going back to WM8.1 and start allover. Build .218 is running very smoothly so I stay on that build (=production ring) and wait for coming builds.

I'm just curious. So, although you edited the registry before the upgrade, after W10 hard reset, how did you find out the registry settings had returned to their defaults? Did you use the 8.1 editor?

dmnmsc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
This has been reported many times in this thread, but to summarize :
Sometime (and I really mean not every time) when you use power button or home button to wake up the phone, the screen stays black.
You have to try many times to finally turn on the screen.

I just have this problem when ProShot is installed. Uninstalling it, the problem gone. I use Camera360 sight as default camera and Blink as a Camera app. Both are working well with autofocus.

Hope it helps.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I just have this problem when ProShot is installed. Uninstalling it, the problem gone. I use Camera360 sight as default camera and Blink as a Camera app. Both are working well with autofocus.

Hope it helps.

How did you manage to set a default camera app?

I have Camera360 and Blink installed, but I can't set them as the default camera app.

In Devices|Camera|Default camera I am locked to choose from Microsoft camera only.

Any trick to set Camera360 as the default without flashing with custom MBN files?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle