Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Lorenzo Baroni

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello there, I had the same problem.
You have to go to device manager, make sure you have all of them visible.
You have to check it under the menus, I set my system to Italian so I can't actually say for sure how it's named in English.
Anyway.. You'll see that you have some ghosted items under the usb section.
Remove them. Last thing, check your cable, it must be in good condition. My original one didn't work.

Sent by my Ativ****inS rocking w10

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that Spavlin's custom ROM has no restarting problem? I'm willing to flash it but i'm still unsure. Also can someone point me to guide on how to flash it properly? I can't seem to understand the topic on XDA :/

Skyjouby

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Spavlin's rom has no restarting problem but has some troubles to solve:
- the apn (internet and sms) are frequently erased as the SIM "network" is selected "automatically" and you cannot unselect this option...
- the alarm clock is really loudy and directly vibrating. It is a bug known which requires to modify keys with a key reg app.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
- the apn (internet and sms) are frequently erased as the SIM "network" is selected "automatically" and you cannot unselect this option...
- the alarm clock is really loudy and directly vibrating. It is a bug known which requires to modify keys with a key reg app.

Since i don't really use Alarm this might be good ROM to move on, other than that sim network problem. :/ Any fix in registry to force it?

dmnmsc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Since i don't really use Alarm this might be good ROM to move on, other than that sim network problem. :/ Any fix in registry to force it?
I never had issues with apn (internet nor sms) using the Spavlin ROM. With the .218 build, sms notification wasn't working, but the sms was there when going to messages app. No issues so far with .318.

The only noticiable issue, as Skyjouby already said, it's the alarm thing.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I never had issues with apn (internet nor sms) using the Spavlin ROM. With the .218 build, sms notification wasn't working, but the sms was there when going to messages app. No issues so far with .318.

The only noticiable issue, as Skyjouby already said, it's the alarm thing.

Can you private message me with instructions? I don't quite understand them on xda :/

lukas_ita

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

What key to modify for alarm??

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up:
Build 14356 has no bootloop anymore. I didn't test it myself, but others (Lumia 1020, 820, 920) have. There seem to be a lot of problems though. Maybe someone can test and report :)

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
They didn't "remove" the support, the files were still there. Maybe it was just a bug? Anyway it should be working. Would be great if anyone would be brave enough to test it :excited:

Yeah, i posted too soon, i read somewhere else that this was a fixed bug, can't believe we might have a working redstone ROM soon. The only thing that annoys me currently is the battery drain...

assyriska

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Used this settings to update to the new "Fast Ring Build 14356" :

PhoneManufacturer = MicrosoftMDG
PhoneModelName = Lumia 950 XL

PhoneHardwareVariant = RM-1085

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member