Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Has somebody tested build 14393.321? It says something about *Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database* I was wondering if this would fix the issue for the ATIV S.

rmcbarreto

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Has somebody tested build 14393.321? It says something about *Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database* I was wondering if this would fix the issue for the ATIV S.

I have installed the update and APN still doesn't work, as the ringtone. I don't know if with an hard reset solve the problem.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Just updated to 14946.1000 and I'm happy that cotana is hearing again

This froum in the build-in edge browser looks a bit different in the layout, loading speed is good. The frame has been load first and properly yet still lag a while before you can really click into any section. I think MSFT took a little bit of advantage from how the webpage being shown to make people think it's quick and smooth while the further loading is still going behind the scene.

Proximity sensor still keep on when you trying to use auto-brightness, default camera still won't focus and the item of change default camera still dead as well.

I guess that's it, I won't expect much improve is going to happen to our beloved device and really that's no driving force to get a newer device neither.

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've recently updated from .189 to .321 and I find Cortana a bit more reliable. Multi-tasking seems also less slow, I guess the RAM is not well exploited in our device, is it? Has anybody compared its performance to, say, a lumia 925? While the firmware bugs are still there, I've noticed an improvement about the start button and the unwanted one-hand-mode, which now rarely occurs!

Last edited:

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Please, how can you install this release?

Hey!

Sorry it took so long.

1. You need to leave the Insider Program in the app
2. You need to install "Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise" package.
3. Select "Defer" feature upgrade

That's it.

The Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise policy needs to be created by yourself. If you have a msdn account it's pretty easy. Just download the iso, install "windows image configuration designer", create a new package, select EditionUpgrade -> UpgradeEditionWithLicense -> select the xml -> export.

Now just copy the package and the cert on your phone, it will automatically say "you sure you want to add this", you say yes. That's it. After waiting a while / restart you can "defer" updates in update & settings and continue to get TH2 Builds :)

woskam

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Where can I find a complete manual and files to upgrade my Samsung ATIV S from 8.1 update ( rev nr: 2424.15.3.2 OS 8.10.14203.306 ) to Windows 10 latest build.

Thanks in advance.

Willem Oskam, The Netherlands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb