The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-11-2014 03:32 PM
375 ... 12131415
tools
    I was told I new a replacement.
    05-06-2014 08:54 AM
    Verizon didn't replace it right there? Odd.
    05-06-2014 01:38 PM
    Actually, the rep was busy with other things, such as counting is register cash to start the day. He had other customers who arrived after me addressed before me, so I left. I was running for work.
    I'm going to go back to the location where I purchased it.
    Last edited by BrooklynGal; 05-06-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    05-06-2014 01:59 PM
    Regarding the "cloud storage", are the 7gb in addition to 32gb onboard the Icon?
    05-06-2014 02:01 PM
    Regarding the "cloud storage", are the 7gb in addition to 32gb onboard the Icon?
    yep. onedrive is 7 gb plus the icons 32 gb storage
    BrooklynGal likes this.
    05-06-2014 02:17 PM
    Brought the Icon back to the Verizon store where I purchased it (which in my opinion has some really good tech people) and voila, the phone is fine. The gel-type screen protector was the culprit, interfering with the sensor to cause the screen to remain dark during calls. The protector was not covering the sensor, but I assume it was too close to it. He gave me a different one to try, which caused the same results. Later today, I'll have to cut some off to help avoid the area near the sensor as best I can.
    05-07-2014 09:03 AM
    Almost decision time and I'm still torn.

Bulky yet classy vs thin yet ugly
    32gb vs IR blaster
    MS support vs no support
    BrooklynGal likes this.
    05-07-2014 02:41 PM

32gb vs IR blaster
    MS support vs no support
    How you figure no support? You know the ATIV S got GDR 1,2,&3 before the Lumias. Firmware and apps regularly updated. Stop with the nonsense ppl.
    05-07-2014 03:26 PM
    How you figure no support? You know the ATIV S got GDR 1,2,&3 before the Lumias. Firmware and apps regularly updated. Stop with the nonsense ppl.
    That's what Micah told me
    05-07-2014 04:05 PM

32gb vs IR blaster
    MS support vs no support
    Also, I might make a comparison more like:

32gb vs 16gb up to 134GB (with 128gb SD)
    Nokia IOS Low Light Camera vs IR Blaster

The classy thing is subjective to me. I think the ATIV SE with the unassuming silver polish is much classier than Icon. Just personal preference.
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-07-2014 05:10 PM
    Just personal preference.
    All of this is, people just trying to pass preference off as law.
    A895 likes this.
    05-07-2014 07:01 PM
    Also, I might make a comparison more like:

32gb vs 16gb up to 134GB (with 128gb SD)
    Nokia IOS Low Light Camera vs IR Blaster

The classy thing is subjective to me. I think the ATIV SE with the unassuming silver polish is much classier than Icon. Just personal preference.
    I want no part of dealing with an SD card.
    05-07-2014 08:47 PM
    Why, have you had a bad experience with them? I've had my 64GB in my Nokia for a year and a half now with no issues at all. Popped it in and never had to worry about it again.
    05-08-2014 02:40 AM
    There are some minor issues with certain apps in 8.1 and SD cards with the SE. The podcast app nor the Music app will play from SD. Just sits there with a loading screen.
    Looks like a soft reset, card scan, and all is good again.
    Last edited by Novron; 05-08-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    05-08-2014 08:15 AM
    I'm torn as well.
    05-08-2014 10:39 AM
    I'm torn as well. I'm concerned with all the "glitches" I read concerning the Icon. Then again, since the ATIV SE has not been reviewed by many and has not been around that long, who is to say it won't have any. I know the 8.1 update has not been handled well by the ATIV SE.
    So far:
    Icon Pros..brighter screen (especially when I use Google search), more detail in photos, built in FM radio.
    ATIV SE Pros..SD card, removable battery, a touch faster screen, home button.

According to the storage check overview detail on the Icon, out of the 29gb available, I have just about 21gb remaining. I'm a bit concerned about that.
    Will purchase a blue tooth headset with built fm radio and test it with the ATIV SE.
    Last edited by BrooklynGal; 05-08-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    A895 likes this.
    05-08-2014 10:48 AM
    I know the 8.1 update has not been handled well by the ATIV SE.
    Isn't 8.1 still just a "Developer's Preview"? I don't understand how this is an official negative for the ATIV SE seeing as it's not an official release, especially not for the ATIV SE specifically. I will hold judgement on 8.1 for the ATIV SE or any other Windows Phone devices until the official updates.
    05-08-2014 11:16 AM
    Isn't 8.1 still just a "Developer's Preview"? I don't understand how this is an official negative for the ATIV SE seeing as it's not an official release, especially not for the ATIV SE specifically. I will hold judgement on 8.1 for the ATIV SE or any other Windows Phone devices until the official updates.
    Same here. I wouldn't jump into 8.1 in the first place seeing how the most common complaint is battery life takes a hit.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-08-2014 11:29 AM
    I would go with the ATIV SE hands down. It would be a day one buy for any Sammy or HTC WP8 Flagship phone on Tmobile. My 925 was one of my worse upgrade decisions, it offers nothing original from my 8X or unlocked ATIV S.
    Could you kindly post the specs & features of the NL925 & HTC 8X for comparison please?
    05-08-2014 11:39 AM
    Yes. It's not a consumer release, so people shouldn't be so shocked that it doesn't work well on their main device.
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-08-2014 11:48 AM
    My mistake and thanks for pointing this out...I didn't know that the 8.1 upgrade was a "Developer's Preview." Features/glitches can certainly improve once the official release happens.
    Thanks!
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-08-2014 01:40 PM
    My mistake and thanks for pointing this out...I didn't know that the 8.1 upgrade was a "Developer's Preview." Features/glitches can certainly improve once the official release happens.
    Thanks!
    Yes, all the hardware glitches will get resolved with the firmware updates that roll out along with 8.1 when it's officially released. Samsungs, Nokias, they'll all get fixed. If they didn't, there is no way in hell the carriers would let any OEM's do direct updates anymore.
    05-10-2014 07:54 AM
    That's what Micah told me
    Technically they do "support" their devices by updating them but aside from a few hardware differences, very little about them make them better than their competitors especially since when buying a Samsung or HTC you sort of get the base windows phone experience compared To a more customized user experience. So I should say "limited support" for Samsung which is true
    05-10-2014 08:11 AM
    I am the same way. I mean I use it now simply because my 1520 has only 16gb but I would be fine with the icons memory. SD cards always seem to get screwed up for me and I'm not the person who feels the need to keep popping two or three different SD cards in my phone nor do I need a128 GB of storage which imo is overkill ro an extreme.
    05-10-2014 08:14 AM
    I'm torn as well. I'm concerned with all the "glitches" I read concerning the Icon. Then again, since the ATIV SE has not been reviewed by many and has not been around that long, who is to say it won't have any. I know the 8.1 update has not been handled well by the ATIV SE.
    So far:
    Icon Pros..brighter screen (especially when I use Google search), more detail in photos, built in FM radio.
    ATIV SE Pros..SD card, removable battery, a touch faster screen, home button.

According to the storage check overview detail on the Icon, out of the 29gb available, I have just about 21gb remaining. I'm a bit concerned about that.
    Will purchase a blue tooth headset with built fm radio and test it with the ATIV SE.
    My boyfriend hasn't installed the dp on his icon but for me this is my second time doing it with Nokia phone(1020 and 1520).
    The pros imo do outweigh my cons.
    My main issues were the reboots(which have stopped) and the extremely flaky wifi signal and mobile network on my 1520. But this comes from using a beta software thus I dont blame my phone as it was fine with it and it is bearable just a mild annoyance.

My rroommate does have dp on his icon and absolutely loves it. No complaints from him.

It is a shame not many people are about the ativ se. I can understand why of course but I do want to see a professional reviewer talk about their take on the device. Even Wpc hasn't done one or winbeta and wpu, which says a lot.
    05-10-2014 08:20 AM
375 ... 12131415