How do you feel about the Samsung ATIV SE? I am actually more interested in this than the Icon personally, and this might get me from Android.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-04-2014 01:39 PM
    Umm Samsung is recycling the leftover Galaxy S4 devices and selling them as ATIV SE whilst they heavily promote the Galaxy S5.....my answer is depends on the price...
    04-04-2014 01:42 PM
    Umm Samsung is recycling the leftover Galaxy S4 devices and selling them as ATIV SE whilst they heavily promote the Galaxy S5.....my answer is depends on the price...
    The price is $199 on contract on VZW and $599 off contract.

Definitely not left over S4s.
    Specs:
    2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 quad-core CPU, LTE, 2GB of RAM, a*16*13-megapixel camera and a 2,600mAh battery

Not the same as the s4 and a different design.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Matthew Becker1 likes this.
    04-04-2014 02:14 PM
    I prefer Nokia, but others may prefer Samsung. Samsung at least offers IR blaster and Samsung Link. Maybe this will push Nokia and others to up the Anti on what they offer.
    04-04-2014 03:03 PM
    I prefer Nokia, but others may prefer Samsung. Samsung at least offers IR blaster and Samsung Link. Maybe this will push Nokia and others to up the Anti on what they offer.
    I see a lot of people keep putting up Nokia. But this is the first device other than Nokia that is a true high end device on WP. I think it will be compared to the Nokia Lumia Icon a lot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-04-2014 03:34 PM
    I saw the Ativ on the Verizon website today and it looks pretty good. The IR blaster is pretty nice along with the ability to beam things to other Samsung phones.
    04-04-2014 08:54 PM
    Any cases available yet?

Edit: Looks like Verizon has a few available including an Incipio DualPro (which is what I would want on any new phone). They have a purple or pink and black or gray available in each one.

I wonder if they are the same as S4 cases?
    Last edited by camaroz1985; 04-07-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    04-07-2014 01:04 PM
    It's lacking camera shutter.
    04-07-2014 01:32 PM
    The question is, how fast will it get the 8.1. update?
    04-07-2014 01:41 PM
    I pre-ordered one (or will when my rep processes the order). Has anyone gotten a ship date? She said Friday, but even with priority shipping it won't land until Monday or Tuesday, unless you shell out more dough than I will for a phone to get to you a day earlier...

Thanks
    04-07-2014 11:45 PM
    I wonder if they are the same as S4 cases?
    They won't be. The ATIV line of phones are a touch boxier than the Galaxy SX counterparts. An S4 case will not fit.
    A895 likes this.
    04-09-2014 07:34 AM
    I figured that, but was hoping. There are so many S4 cases available, and I know that one of the only things my wife dislikes about Windows Phones is the lack of accessories, or more accurately the lack of options.
    04-09-2014 11:51 AM
    I figured that, but was hoping. There are so many S4 cases available, and I know that one of the only things my wife dislikes about Windows Phones is the lack of accessories, or more accurately the lack of options.
    Big Accessory makers are reluctant to make cases for devices that may not sell well. Especially considering the smaller percentage of market share WP has. The Galaxy S series and Note line have the biggest accessory support outside of Apple because they are the best selling smartphones outside of the iPhone.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-09-2014 12:01 PM
    Incipio already has some cases for this phone. Most Verizon stores already have them in stock.
    04-16-2014 03:51 PM
    I had a chance to play with the Ativ and the Icon at my Verizon store today and as far as appearance the Ativ won me over. They are both nice though.
    A895 likes this.
    04-16-2014 08:52 PM
    I had a chance to play with the Ativ and the Icon at my Verizon store today and as far as appearance the Ativ won me over. They are both nice though.
    I had a chance to play with both too. I was very impressed with the ATIV SE. Only things I didnt like were the fact that the surface of the screen was not as glassy smooth as the Nokia. (However I was told that could be fixed with a glass overlay.) Also, the blacks were deeper, whites were whiter and the colors just popped a tad more on the Icon. Although viewing angles seemed better on ATIV SE (but I look at my phone straight on anyway.)

Outside of that and the fact you cant take full resolution pictures in 16:9 mode, I almost bought one right then and there! The only thing that stopped me was the fact the Verison in-store rep (who is also a Windows phone fan - he owns a 928) said that the HTC rep that visits his store keeps telling him a new high end Windows phone from HTC is on the way!!! If it's the rumored cousin to the One-M8, I think I can hold off a bit longer :)
    mary beth hale likes this.
    04-16-2014 11:32 PM
    I had a chance to play with both too. I was very impressed with the ATIV SE. Only things I didnt like were the fact that the surface of the screen was not as glassy smooth as the Nokia. (However I was told that could be fixed with a glass overlay.) Also, the blacks were deeper, whites were whiter and the colors just popped a tad more on the Icon. Although viewing angles seemed better on ATIV SE (but I look at my phone straight on anyway.)

Outside of that and the fact you cant take full resolution pictures in 16:9 mode, I almost bought one right then and there! The only thing that stopped me was the fact the Verison in-store rep (who is also a Windows phone fan - he owns a 928) said that the HTC rep that visits his store keeps telling him a new high end Windows phone from HTC is on the way!!! If it's the rumored cousin to the One-M8, I think I can hold off a bit longer :)
    What do you mean you can't take pictures in 16:9?
    04-17-2014 03:58 PM
    What do you mean you can't take pictures in 16:9?
    As per my post, I said you can't take "FULL resolution" pictures in 16:9 format. You can take full resolution pics in 4:3 format (approx 4100 x 2300), but in 16:9 it only goes to resolution of 1920x1080.
    04-17-2014 05:38 PM
    I've seen the mock ups for the HTC one running windows. I couldn't wait anymore.
    05-04-2014 09:31 PM
    I wondered if they would fit. The S4 has so many more case choices. I was going try and make it fit. Lol
    05-04-2014 09:37 PM
    I actually wouldn't mind going for the Samsung. The initial press photos looked incredibly dull but the hands-on videos make it look much nicer, and now that Microsoft is in charge at Espoo hopefully that means an end to Lumia-exclusive apps (that was what kept me away from the Ativ S). Too bad Samsung removed the camera button and left out wireless charging.

The only thing that stopped me was the fact the Verison in-store rep (who is also a Windows phone fan - he owns a 928) said that the HTC rep that visits his store keeps telling him a new high end Windows phone from HTC is on the way!!! If it's the rumored cousin to the One-M8, I think I can hold off a bit longer :)
    Well that's certainly encouraging. Last time I checked, when asked HTC didn't even want to properly acknowledge that they would continue making Windows Phones. After the boring design of the Lumia 930 I'm looking forward to seeing what HTC has planned.
    A895 likes this.
    05-04-2014 11:12 PM
    I really like my ATIV SE. I have upgraded it to 8.1 and although I have had a couple of the issues that were mentioned in other posts with this phone and the 8.1 update, overall it has been working quite well. The interface is buttery smooth and responsive. This is my first Windows Phone, so I can't comment on how it compares to the Nokia. But I am very pleased with it and I'm looking forward to the official 8.1 update from Samsung.
    05-05-2014 08:13 AM
    Coming from an Icon, I like the SE better. Icon has a marginally better screen, better build and camera... But, I don't much care about cameras. I was really shocked at how light the SE is. My Icon feels like a boat anchor compared to this thing. Also a bit more surprised their app folder is better than Nokia's, the DLNA app was also a nice surprise.
    A895 likes this.
    05-05-2014 12:07 PM
    As per my post, I said you can't take "FULL resolution" pictures in 16:9 format. You can take full resolution pics in 4:3 format (approx 4100 x 2300), but in 16:9 it only goes to resolution of 1920x1080.
    4100 x 2300 is a 16:9 aspect ratio, not 4:3. Is that really "full resolution"?
    05-09-2014 11:09 PM
    Not being well versed regarding photo resolutions, I'm confused. I know on the Icon, there are a host of choices; not so on the Ativ SE.
    05-10-2014 09:21 AM