vote for samsung ativ se review???

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
That's so weird. It's actually driving me nuts at this point. Wonder why that's happening?

I see the reviews fine. Did you try adding the phone to your cart and adding your zip-code? I noticed I had to do that for the reviews to show up. Try 91320 if you are having issues with your zip.

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Throwing in the towel. Tried those and still says 0 reviews.

Really? Shows like 13 reviews for me. Although a few 1 and 2 star reviews were on the glitches with 8.1. Of course things would be iffy using something that is not yet finished. I tend to take those reviews with a grain of salt.

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, this is just weird. In this day and age, with all the websites that do nothing but discuss every little piece of phone info, to not have one review of this device is so disappointing. It's really making me think I should not even consider it, like Nokia really is the only game in town.

Not that there's anything wrong with Nokia (wish it was thinner), just that having choices is nice.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't know, this is just weird. In this day and age, with all the websites that do nothing but discuss every little piece of phone info, to not have one review of this device is so disappointing. It's really making me think I should not even consider it, like Nokia really is the only game in town.

Not that there's anything wrong with Nokia (wish it was thinner), just that having choices is nice.

Why don't you buy it if you want it? Your own experience is the best review and the one that matters most so stop waiting for a review from someone who may not see things the way you do.

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you buy it if you want it? Your own experience is the best review and the one that matters most so stop waiting for a review from someone who may not see things the way you do.

Usually would do that but I've never had a Windows phone so I was hoping for as much info as possible.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Usually would do that but I've never had a Windows phone so I was hoping for as much info as possible.

Even more reason for you to use it yourself. You might actually be better off browsing the forums for answers to your questions or starting a thread with the things you want and seeing if WP will work for you. Ultimately though its how well the device fits your needs that matters most. You should be able to try it for the standard 14 days, get one and try it and ask questions, best way to ensure you'll enjoy it in the long run.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
From Neowin's review:

The one tradeoff to consider, if you are sizing this phone up against the Lumia Icon, is that we know that Lumias will receive excellent lifecycle support whereas the ATIV SE is a bit up in the air when it comes to software updates. Of course, you could always sign up for the developer preview program and bypass those worries but if you only like running official software that has been tested on your specific device, then this option may not be good for you.

That worries me slightly as I am between getting the two. I forgot how much slimmer the SE is to the Icon and I have been leaning back towards it but I think Micrososft's 36 month of support guarantee is for all WP right?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Apparently Daniel is a flat out liar...no other real explanation.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Actually, there are dozens of explanations. He may have come across a fault or shortcoming that required a device exchange. He may need to get in touch with either Samsung or Verizon concerning a question he had about connectivity or support. He may have had a new engangement or a prior commitment to the Mobile Nations site and has not had time to get the entire review together. He may have had a personal obligation (maybe vacation, even??) that delayed it.

I hope they do the review as well. Not just for us, but those that are interested in this device simply because it is a Samsung or whatever reason will Bing/Google this, and if there is an official review, WPC will be at the top of that search result and this device will get a fair shake from Mr. Rubino.

Let's give the man some elbow room. If he said he will do a review, I am willing to bet he will see it done.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
From Neowin's review:

That worries me slightly as I am between getting the two. I forgot how much slimmer the SE is to the Icon and I have been leaning back towards it but I think Micrososft's 36 month of support guarantee is for all WP right?

Yes, that was a commitment to Windows Phone 8 handsets, not just Nokia. I have no doubt the support from MS will be there.

Verizon will still have to approve all updates. I am not worried about WP 8.1. This is too new to not get it officially. Verizon willing to put time in the SE to approve other firmware/OS upgrades is where there may be some concern. As a former Focus S user, I do not I got several updates back in the WP 7 days. So Sammy shouldn't be the problem.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually, there are dozens of explanations. He may have come across a fault or shortcoming that required a device exchange. He may need to get in touch with either Samsung or Verizon concerning a question he had about connectivity or support. He may have had a new engangement or a prior commitment to the Mobile Nations site and has not had time to get the entire review together. He may have had a personal obligation (maybe vacation, even??) that delayed it.

I hope they do the review as well. Not just for us, but those that are interested in this device simply because it is a Samsung or whatever reason will Bing/Google this, and if there is an official review, WPC will be at the top of that search result and this device will get a fair shake from Mr. Rubino.

Let's give the man some elbow room. If he said he will do a review, I am willing to bet he will see it done.

I understand a few days... Even a week... But not two without a word otherwise. Disappointing

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
A review won't change my opinion on this anymore. I already found out what I needed to know about the WATCH ON App and that is the main reason it will be a buy for me. Just need AT&T to get it, so I can use it properly and I'll be golden. This will be my Next WP :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A review won't change my opinion on this anymore. I already found out what I needed to know about the WATCH ON App and that is the main reason it will be a buy for me. Just need AT&T to get it, so I can use it properly and I'll be golden. This will be my Next WP :)

Haven't heard a word about a varient coming to AT&T. Heck, I may buy it if it comes to AT&T. Would want a L930-ish phone from Microsoft/Nokia, but this would check most ofthe boxes if it came.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
From Neowin's review:

I wouldn't worry too much, I use an unlocked ATIV S and I received all the updates that Samsung has put out so far, so a lack of updates on this device will likely be down to Verizon and not Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99