vote for samsung ativ se review???

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much, I use an unlocked ATIV S and I received all the updates that Samsung has put out so far, so a lack of updates on this device will likely be down to Verizon and not Samsung.
It would be a very bad move for Verizon not to push out the 8.1 update once it becomes available, especially on a device released so close to the OS update's launch.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
A short but positive review on PC World today. Loves the phone. The cons are mostly about the OS and poor availability.

Last edited:

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
A short but positive review on PC World today. Loves the phone. The cons are mostly about the OS and poor availability.
I've noticed a couple of factual inaccuracies in his article - which were pointed out in one of the comments.The reviewer states that the browser doesn't use tabs, which it does. His complaint that S4 cases don't fit on the SE is ridiculous, really.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
getting this phone in late june. played around with it at Verizon and absolutely loved it. also helps that I have had an exemplary experience with my ativ s. would still like to see more reviews but will get the phone regardless. hopefully the 8.1 firmware will be in place by the time i'm ready, otherwise will wait until it is. still waiting on review, Daniel...hint,hint.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
getting this phone in late june. played around with it at Verizon and absolutely loved it. also helps that I have had an exemplary experience with my ativ s. would still like to see more reviews but will get the phone regardless. hopefully the 8.1 firmware will be in place by the time i'm ready, otherwise will wait until it is. still waiting on review, Daniel...hint,hint.
I hope you can cope with the fact that an S4 case won't fit on it. :p

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That was quite the incomplete review. It was entirely about the hardware.

It was a positive incomplete review, so I guess that is something.

BrooklynGal

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hmm...I'll have to reread his review.
I can say that so far, the battery life has been good. Call quality is good Photos are good. But, sometimes if I hold the camera in landscape mode, I find myself pressing the volume button. To me, the screen is not as sensitive as he indicated. The phone has been in my bag, jacket pocket, and jeans pocket and none of my tiles have been deleted. The case I have is the "rugged cover" by Verizon ($34.99) which is three pieces and has a built in screen protector. The case does add bulk, but I think it offers good protection. By using this cover, the screen is recessed by about 1/8 of an inch. I've also manged to feed my old wrist strap near the volume control opening.
For searches, I use Google. At times, it may run a tad slow, but no major complaints. Since there is no built in FM radio (as there is on the Icon), I purchased a Sony blue tooth with a built in FM radio. I can't preset my favorite stations, but it sounds good and where available, the artist and song title appear.
I wish Microsoft would further update its Facebook Messenger app to include voice message, but, that is a separate issue.
As of now, I do not have plans to update to Windows 8.1 until it is released to the public and the "kinks" from the develop preview are worked out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte