vote for samsung ativ se review???

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
No there isn't. Just look at some of the articles & reviews WPCentral felt the need to post and tell me they were more important than a new WP 8 flagship device review.

I tend to agree with you,but I was trying to give wpcentral the benefit of the doubt. It looks like if this phone is successful it will be in spite of wpcentral. This is sad in my opinion because this is a phone that will be attractive to android users..

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I tend to agree with you,but I was trying to give wpcentral the benefit of the doubt. It looks like if this phone is successful it will be in spite of wpcentral. This is sad in my opinion because this is a phone that will be attractive to android users..

And a review showing up here or not wont stop them from getting it.

I believe Daniel said if enough people wanted the review they would do one but not many people care about this phone.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I believe Daniel said if enough people wanted the review they would do one but not many people care about this phone.

The bottom line is the Ativ is a high end phone released on one of if not the largest carrier is the US and it is also one of only two Windows Phone devices for sale in most Verizon stores (yes the 8X and 928 are still available, but mostly online). There really isn't a valid excuse for not reviewing this phone other than problems with the review device.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

For someone who admittedly despises Samsung Windows Phones, you spend a bit of time commenting on the Samsung forums.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
For someone who admittedly despises Samsung Windows Phones, you spend a bit of time commenting on the Samsung forums.

I have to say you guys get really defensive over your forums :) I didn't realize I needed to stay segregated to my 1520 forums :D

Despite the fact I dislike Samsung phones, I do like to keep up to date on all windows phone and unfortunately my brother has a SE as of today therefore I will be here quite a bit to learn more of the phone to help keep him with wp(He is having a hard time...not with the phone but the OS).

Do hope it is no issue for you lol

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The bottom line is the Ativ is a high end phone released on one of if not the largest carrier is the US and it is also one of only two Windows Phone devices for sale in most Verizon stores (yes the 8X and 928 are still available, but mostly online). There really isn't a valid excuse for not reviewing this phone other than problems with the review device.

I think it may simply be because the audience of the site doesn't call for it much. If I am not mistaken(please correct me if I am wrong) but not too many of the other WP centric site covered a review for it either.

It's probably a matter of importance and unfortunately, the SE likely just got lost in the shuffler among other important stuff/news.

I don't even see many reviews for it on youtube in general so it is not JUST WPcentral.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have to say you guys get really defensive over your forums :) I didn't realize I needed to stay segregated to my 1520 forums :D

Despite the fact I dislike Samsung phones, I do like to keep up to date on all windows phone and unfortunately my brother has a SE as of today therefore I will be here quite a bit to learn more of the phone to help keep him with wp(He is having a hard time...not with the phone but the OS).

Do hope it is no issue for you lol
Simply made an observation. Good luck to your brother. Hope he enjoys his phone. That's really what it's all about.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it may simply be because the audience of the site doesn't call for it much. If I am not mistaken(please correct me if I am wrong) but not too many of the other WP centric site covered a review for it either.

It's probably a matter of importance and unfortunately, the SE likely just got lost in the shuffler among other important stuff/news.

I don't even see many reviews for it on youtube in general so it is not JUST WPcentral.

You're right, I haven't seen much coverage period about the Ativ. With WP having such a small market share and no one but Nokia really making nice phones it seems like a nice high end device from Samsung should be reviewed and promoted by this site just like the phones from Nokia and HTC.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It might hurt the Nokia fans.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Ah you people lol....
Lmao it wont hurt me. If anything it will make me happy so people can stop going on about Nokia bias in the site and what not Y.Y

At any rate, although Samsung has low market share with windows phones it will of course prove to be popular threads since Samsung threads tend to bring out a lot of comments even though most comments aren't positive....

I say throw the Samsung minority a bone so as to appease them. Then again we are now going into like three months. The review is a bit dated by now.

As stated if there is no big demand for it, it makes sense there is no review.

The icon/930 has been the more desired and discussed phone by most tech sites. Which is understandable. I am sure when HTC, Sony or LG release a phone they will get adequate coverage.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Ah you people lol....
Lmao it wont hurt me. If anything it will make me happy so people can stop going on about Nokia bias in the site and what not Y.Y

At any rate, although Samsung has low market share with windows phones it will of course prove to be popular threads since Samsung threads tend to bring out a lot of comments even though most comments aren't positive....

I say throw the Samsung minority a bone so as to appease them. Then again we are now going into like three months. The review is a bit dated by now.

As stated if there is no big demand for it, it makes sense there is no review.

The icon/930 has been the more desired and discussed phone by most tech sites. Which is understandable. I am sure when HTC, Sony or LG release a phone they will get adequate coverage.

Once HTC and LG release their devices they better get as much coverage as Samsung here, which is little to none. And if they do, I will know for sure, that there is some serious bias against Samsung. So no review of the W8 or thre LG device, they only get a preview/hands on and a announcement when they go on sale.

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung WP fell from grace. And I can see why. It's the route they chose but I can't fault them for it at all.

1320 is coming to US, not sure if he reviewed that but if not hopefully it comes with the release. Always wanted that phone.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung WP fell from grace. And I can see why. It's the route they chose but I can't fault them for it at all.

1320 is coming to US, not sure if he reviewed that but if not hopefully it comes with the release. Always wanted that phone.
YOu sure can't but i can lol. It's why i dont understand why certain wpcentral members dont care too much and have disdain for Samsung since that is the same exact way Samsung treats the os.

I can understand LG, HTC, and others jumping ship(look at them scurrying back now though) but Samsung had the chance to be the titan of windows phone as they are with android. There's no excuse for their efforts. Just good enough is good...but it is the very reason Samsung is held the way they are with windows phone.

Notice how most people don't even want Samsung, if they don't want Lumia they are craving Sony and others.

It makes me wonder...since there were no viable alternative at the start of Samsungs rise, did they manage to get lucky simply because their competitors were just throwing android phones out.

If there is bias, its warranted....though Daniel has showcased the se in many articles.

As for the 1320,this was all i found
http://m.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1320-unboxing-and-first-impression

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Once HTC and LG release their devices they better get as much coverage as Samsung here, which is little to none. And if they do, I will know for sure, that there is some serious bias against Samsung. So no review of the W8 or thre LG device, they only get a preview/hands on and a announcement when they go on sale.
You're being a bit ridiculous.
Of ccourse there will likely be tons of coverage.

LG aka knockoff Samsung but surprisingly better, hasn't released a phone since wp7 and HTC hasn't released anything since the 8x in 2012(8xt doesn't count. It's the equivalent of the 810 to the 820)

DrRambone

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I got my Ativ yesterday. 1st impression is that a beast, very good performance. Much better than the previous Nokias WP phones i had.
As a long time android user/developer there a lot of things missing in WP. But for the Ativ, its seems a very nice phone: camera is equal to S4, battery seems solid at least on WP8. Its light and has small bezels (take that Nokia...) so the dimensions is ok for a 5" phone.
I did update it to WP8.1 dev edition and the update gave some bugs: screen lockups etc-era

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You're being a bit ridiculous.
Of ccourse there will likely be tons of coverage.

LG aka knockoff Samsung but surprisingly better, hasn't released a phone since wp7 and HTC hasn't released anything since the 8x in 2012(8xt doesn't count. It's the equivalent of the 810 to the 820)

So why do they get tons of coverage when Samsung does not? Samsung even has more apps exclusives than HTC. HTC has done less for the platform than Samsung and LG has not been around since WP7, so what makes them so special? One of the most high end Windows Phone on the market yet it gets little to no coverage on a Windows Phone centric site. If that ain't bias I don't know what is.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb