The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-04-2014 09:54 PM
118 123 ...
tools
    Read D. Rubino's unboxing and overview of the Ativ SE today and watched the accompanying video.
    . It was for the most part(surprisingly) positive. The last line sort of blew me away, though..."we'll see about doing a full review if you folks are interested." Did I miss something? This is a new high-end windows phone and this site is called Windows Phone Central. Guess there has to be enough votes for a review. Here's my vote for a full review of the Samsung Ativ SE...YES Please. thanks. Long day at work and I couldn't quite bring myself to read the comments section. That's always traumatic when it's a Samsung article(rolls eyes)
    04-16-2014 07:31 PM
    Hell yes we need a full review.

Disappointed we don't have one yet.
    BrooklynGal likes this.
    04-16-2014 07:59 PM
    I would love to see a full review. I searched youtube earlier to find a review, but I didn't find any.
    04-16-2014 08:50 PM
    I don't see why there shouldn't be a review posted up. It's not like WPCentral is being flooded by new devices yet. I would love to see some good solid impressions on this device.
    MikeSo likes this.
    04-16-2014 10:09 PM
    Yes please, and more detail on the IR Blaster would be nice also. Specifically controlling your TV and Cable Box. But more TV, since I don't have Cable. I see both Volume and Channel up and down buttons. But, Could you also change channels using a number keypad, etc etc
    04-16-2014 10:17 PM
    LOL. Why would WPCentral not do a review of a phone available on the largest carrier in the US, especially since they already have the device? What?
    mary beth hale likes this.
    04-16-2014 10:25 PM
    Do a review. I am curious. And is the phone unlocked so I can use on sprint?
    04-16-2014 10:30 PM
    I found the last statement weird too! What is this a Nokia hardware review only site? Of course we want to see a review! :) If anyone is curious, Im also posting my 1st impressions of the phone in the Icon vs Ativ SE forum thread.
    A895 and mary beth hale like this.
    04-16-2014 11:26 PM
    I found the last statement weird too! What is this a Nokia hardware review only site? Of course we want to see a review! :) If anyone is curious, Im also posting my 1st impressions of the phone in the Icon vs Ativ SE forum thread.
    Seeing as they've gone out of their way to review obscure Huawei devices that are difficult to find, it makes no sense for them to be on the fence with a device that they already have.
    Last edited by Matthew Becker1; 04-17-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Typos
    mary beth hale and A895 like this.
    04-17-2014 01:37 PM
    Got this phone yesterday. Very impressed so far. Fantastic screen as daniel says. Just updating it to 8.1 now.
    A895 and mary beth hale like this.
    04-17-2014 08:53 PM
    Got this phone yesterday. Very impressed so far. Fantastic screen as daniel says. Just updating it to 8.1 now.
    Please check back and let us know how things go with your new Ativ SE. Really interested.
    A895 likes this.
    04-17-2014 11:06 PM
    Really disappointing to not have one real review of this phone yet.
    04-20-2014 05:51 PM
    Still nothing?

Tick tock
    Tick tock
    04-22-2014 11:35 AM
    Still nothing?

Tick tock
    Tick tock
    If it was a Lumia there would be a review up a week before it was even released. This is very disappointing.
    mary beth hale and sagara0510 like this.
    04-22-2014 11:47 AM
    LOL. Why would WPCentral not do a review of a phone available on the largest carrier in the US, especially since they already have the device? What?
    Yeah that didn't make sense to me either.
    04-22-2014 07:11 PM
    Only reason is the low interest in this phone from users (no one even reminded us it had come out, and obviously we forgot too).

Having said that, that's not a real excuse and I'll look to have a full review by Friday.
    04-23-2014 10:40 AM
    If it was a Lumia there would be a review up a week before it was even released. This is very disappointing.
    That's easy to explain: Nokia sends us phones in advanced, as they want their devices reviewed.

Samsung? Nothing. I paid $599 for this phone out of our budget, walking into a store like everyone else. Samsung/Verizon are not exactly pushing this phone. (As a side note: how many official reviews have you seen of the ATIV SE? My guess is not many.)

The only thing here that's disappointing is Samsung.
    04-23-2014 10:41 AM
    It's a damn shame .... it's a really nice phone and I'm digging it so far!!
    04-23-2014 10:51 AM
    Dan ... wanted to ask you if the bugs in v8.1 are something MS needs to cleanup, or is it what Samsung needs to do to upgrade drivers etc??
    04-23-2014 10:53 AM
    Dan ... wanted to ask you if the bugs in v8.1 are something MS needs to cleanup, or is it what Samsung needs to do to upgrade drivers etc??
    I'd say 95% are driver/firmware related. I mean, there will always be bugs/quirks in an OS, and I'm not ever going to say 8.1 is bug free, but yeah, the firmware will go a long way to stabilizing things.
    04-23-2014 11:04 AM
    (As a side note: how many official reviews have you seen of the ATIV SE? My guess is not many.)
    Sadly, you're absolutely correct. Even on YouTube there are zero reviews and/or unboxing videos,professional or new-owner based, besides yours Daniel. Thanks for your efforts.
    04-23-2014 11:35 AM
    Dan - Since you guys have already spent over $600, why don't you go ahead and do a full review? I would like to volunteer and send that review link to the morons at Samsung marketing!

On a serious note, Samsung is probably making recycled Windows Phones because they were forced by Microsoft due to that patent agreement. Samsung got a neat discount on royalty payment on every Android device and they only have to make half-baked attempts at an WP. I would take it if I was Samsung!
    04-23-2014 11:41 AM
    Since you guys have spent over $600, why don't you do a review? I would volunteer and send that review link to the morons at Samsung marketing!
    ​See above, I noted I'd have one for Friday.
    04-23-2014 11:42 AM
    That's easy to explain: Nokia sends us phones in advanced, as they want their devices reviewed.

Samsung? Nothing. I paid $599 for this phone out of our budget, walking into a store like everyone else. Samsung/Verizon are not exactly pushing this phone. (As a side note: how many official reviews have you seen of the ATIV SE? My guess is not many.)

The only thing here that's disappointing is Samsung.
    Thanks for explaining this Daniel. It wasn't my intention to come across nasty about it or anything, just disappointed this has gotten such little fan fare. Especially from my own personal experience with trying out the ATIV SE vs the Icon in store and I like the phone much better than the Icon based on looks, feel and specs. I look forward to your review and appreciate you taking the time to do it. I will hold off on purchasing until at least hearing your thoughts.

Thanks again!
    04-23-2014 02:03 PM
    I understand the points mr. rubino is making and appreciate his comments on this thread. it was the comment about a pending review "if you folks are interested" that bothered me. given the "go nokia or go home" climate often found on this site, the comment seemed dismissive to me. I will certainly look forward to Daniel's review.
    04-23-2014 04:04 PM
118 123 ...