vote for samsung ativ se review???

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Read D. Rubino's unboxing and overview of the Ativ SE today and watched the accompanying video.
. It was for the most part(surprisingly) positive. The last line sort of blew me away, though..."we'll see about doing a full review if you folks are interested." Did I miss something? This is a new high-end windows phone and this site is called Windows Phone Central. Guess there has to be enough votes for a review. Here's my vote for a full review of the Samsung Ativ SE...YES Please. thanks. Long day at work and I couldn't quite bring myself to read the comments section. That's always traumatic when it's a Samsung article(rolls eyes)

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why there shouldn't be a review posted up. It's not like WPCentral is being flooded by new devices yet. I would love to see some good solid impressions on this device.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes please, and more detail on the IR Blaster would be nice also. Specifically controlling your TV and Cable Box. But more TV, since I don't have Cable. I see both Volume and Channel up and down buttons. But, Could you also change channels using a number keypad, etc etc

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
LOL. Why would WPCentral not do a review of a phone available on the largest carrier in the US, especially since they already have the device? What?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I found the last statement weird too! What is this a Nokia hardware review only site? Of course we want to see a review! :) If anyone is curious, Im also posting my 1st impressions of the phone in the Icon vs Ativ SE forum thread.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I found the last statement weird too! What is this a Nokia hardware review only site? Of course we want to see a review! :) If anyone is curious, Im also posting my 1st impressions of the phone in the Icon vs Ativ SE forum thread.
Seeing as they've gone out of their way to review obscure Huawei devices that are difficult to find, it makes no sense for them to be on the fence with a device that they already have.

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
LOL. Why would WPCentral not do a review of a phone available on the largest carrier in the US, especially since they already have the device? What?
Only reason is the low interest in this phone from users (no one even reminded us it had come out, and obviously we forgot too).

Having said that, that's not a real excuse and I'll look to have a full review by Friday.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
If it was a Lumia there would be a review up a week before it was even released. This is very disappointing.
That's easy to explain: Nokia sends us phones in advanced, as they want their devices reviewed.

Samsung? Nothing. I paid $599 for this phone out of our budget, walking into a store like everyone else. Samsung/Verizon are not exactly pushing this phone. (As a side note: how many official reviews have you seen of the ATIV SE? My guess is not many.)

The only thing here that's disappointing is Samsung.

dabeast622

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Dan ... wanted to ask you if the bugs in v8.1 are something MS needs to cleanup, or is it what Samsung needs to do to upgrade drivers etc??

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Dan ... wanted to ask you if the bugs in v8.1 are something MS needs to cleanup, or is it what Samsung needs to do to upgrade drivers etc??
I'd say 95% are driver/firmware related. I mean, there will always be bugs/quirks in an OS, and I'm not ever going to say 8.1 is bug free, but yeah, the firmware will go a long way to stabilizing things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire