ATIV SE switched to T-Mobile - Now I need the APN

Jacob F

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys. I'm new to this whole APN thing. Not sure exactly WHY I need to do this, as it seems to have voice/data working, but apparently I need to. Can someone help me fill in these fields for a T-Mobile postpaid setup:

Name:
APN:
IP Type:
Auth Type:
User Name:
Password:
Proxy:
Port:

Seems I can't switch on the internet sharing. It says "Call Verizon". I'm guessing that there must be some setting somewhere that will let me tell the phone I am not with Verizon. I hope it's this APN bit

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't have much experience with the APN app since it's Verizon-specific, but one way to edit the APN settings is through: Settings > Cellular ...

Scroll down and you should see two individual options: "edit internet APN" and "edit MMS APN." A user in the ATIV S forums has APN information for T-Mobile (they should work across all WP8 devices):
http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/243857-t-mobile-lte-working-setting.html

Let us know if these instructions help.

Jacob F

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the reply.

So for this device, there is a Settings > APNs rather than Settings > Cellular. I entered the info in the referenced post there for internet APN, however I cannot find anywhere to enter the MMS APN info.

My main goal here is to get the "Internet Sharing" to work. And with it telling me to call Verizon even though I have a tmo sim in there, it seems the phone still thinks it Verizon. How do I get it to forget that?

FYI, I have poor coverage so I'm mostly on Edge, but sometimes it's 3G and for brief periods it says LTE. So I guess Tmo LTE is working. I just want to get this thing to forget Verizon.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar experience with AT&T. I found APN info for AT&T on the internet but the fields to fill in were different on the phone. All I did was choose AT&T specifically in the cellular settings. The issue seems to be mms, otherwise the phone works splendidly. I also get the occassional lte. I wonder if the phone supports all bands on 1700 frequency, Just a guess. Good luck with T-Mobile.

Jacob F

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
So I confirm LTE works great with this phone.

I'm going to start a new thread regarding turning on Internet Sharing. This phone is stubbornly trying to be Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte