Exchanged Lumia Icon for ATIV SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i don't know why you guys are even conversing with Micah Dawson, he HATES samsung, just look at all samsung articles on this site, nokia is his idea of perfection, just let him have his rant he needs it, for every soul that chooses samsung over lumias a little part of hi die, oh well

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Come on people, let's relax. I get a little tired of the "troll" word being tossed around on a fellow WP user. As far as I can tell, Micah hasn't slammed anyone personally. Let's keep it casual. It is okay to disagree with his assesment of Sammy, but let's leave the name calling to other websites.

I have not had the chance to kick around with the ATIV SE yet, but I am betting I would like it. I almost had myself talked into a cheap ATIV S Neo on AT&T until a deal on a L920 reared up and was impossible to walk away from. I like Sammy WP's. I would take one over HTC all day and twice after the Witching Hour. They continue to put out upgraded efforts as the 8X line collects dust. Throw in their exclusive app list is actually longer and more updated then HTC, and I see a company that is at least worth keeping in the conversation of WP devices.

The ATIV SE over the Icon? I could defend that choice. Not sure I would agree with it until I see the SE in action, but I could defend it. I really liked the Neo (AT&T varient. I heard the Sprint version is a tad laggy and a bit of a disappointment). LOVED My WP7 Focus S.

Nokia support is tough to argue, though.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
i don't know why you guys are even conversing with Micah Dawson, he HATES samsung, just look at all samsung articles on this site, nokia is his idea of perfection, just let him have his rant he needs it, for every soul that chooses samsung over lumias a little part of hi die, oh well
Lol bit melodramatic aren't we. My soul only dies a little anytime I see someone twerk, use the word yolo and when android continues to grow :)

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, the store I was told that had the Ativ SE already retired it. Its just a tiny store so I can see catering to the larger base of Android users where I live. Apple barely gets mentioned here either.

As snowmutt said, I too haven't gotten to take a look at the Ativ SE so I won't say its good or bad.

By specs alone it should be adequate for many people. I wouldn't call Samsung's efforts crap. Is the phone revolutionary? Not really, it does look like the Galaxy line. Some people aren't looking for what the Lumia design has. People seem to be able to toss a personal opinion like "flimsy" around easily. It is not as if you can take the Ativ SE and snap it with no effort. I came from a Samsung basic phone, compared to it the Icon is way heavier.

I am sure that I will eventually get used to the weight just as anyone who judges the Ativ SE as too light. People adjust.

If someone is unhappy because Samsung was not being innovative with the Ativ SE, voice that. If enough people voice that, maybe Samsung will see that there is a good reason to do more for the next one.

Even Nokia has a particular style for their phones. I looked back at previous Lumia phones. What did I see? Quite a lot of the same thing with improvements here and there.

Last edited:

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

He stay on Samsung forums though. I don't understand.
Can't possibly hate them for the amount of time spent on a Samsung forum.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
He stay on Samsung forums though. I don't understand.
Can't possibly hate them for the amount of time spent on a Samsung forum.

I thought you were done with me so why continue referencing me? I wasn't aware I couldn't come to any part of the forums.

Mostly I'm here now simply for how amusing you're acting because I am critical of your preferred OEM and want more from them.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Think this thread has run it's course. Relax, everyone: The Samsung as a WP provider or not will come up again. We just need a cooling off period.

Micah, Tony-go to seperate rooms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786