Does Samsung ATIV SE work on At&t network?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Does Samsung ATIV SE work on At&t network?

Assuming its any bit like how other VZW Windows Phones' behaved, it will work, but MMS may not work/may need some tweaking, data probably will work, maybe APN needs to be tweaked too. I doubt you'd get LTE. I could be wrong.

GTF696

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
re: Does Samsung ATIV SE work on At&t network?

LTE Works on t-mobile.

AT&T uses 700 and 1700 Channel 4 so I believe it would work, however I haven't tried it.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm using it on AT&T.
In my area LTE does not work, though that's not important to me at all.
Incoming MMS does not work, but you can send MMS.
Also Internet tethering does not work.
Everything else is fine. You have to manually set the MMS to get the outgoing MMS to work, however incoming will not work.
I have since learned that Verizon locks down, via firmware, the MMS and Internet sharing on their LTE phones.
The GSM is unlocked.

Fred

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey Fred,
Thanks for your information, that helps. Which WP OS are you using that's giving you the MMS and Internet Sharing problems, is it WP8 or WP8.1 Developer Preview? I would totally love to use this phone on At&t's network too, but if there's isn't a fix for MMS then I might reconsider. I can careless with Internet Sharing since I don't use that. Thanks!

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just the WP8 that came with it.
XDA devs, after digging around there, it appears that while Verizon does have the GSM unlocked (required by the FCC), they do lock down the MMS and internet sharing.

Fred

Hey Fred,
Thanks for your information, that helps. Which WP OS are you using that's giving you the MMS and Internet Sharing problems, is it WP8 or WP8.1 Developer Preview? I would totally love to use this phone on At&t's network too, but if there's isn't a fix for MMS then I might reconsider. I can careless with Internet Sharing since I don't use that. Thanks!

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response Fred. Do you know if XDA Dev have a code to unlock it by any chance? Also, do you know if installing WP8.1 Developer Preview will make MMS work for the ATIV SE?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos