2 questions regarding notifications

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
1- Are there any apps (I haven't found one yet), or any way, to set different notification sounds by app. 8.1 (which the Nokia that I had) allows this, that is I can set a notification sound for Facebook, as an example, and a different notification sound for Viber, etc.

2 - Are there any apps, or any way, to have the LED on the front blink when a new notification arrives like the Android Samsungs (and no I don't want to go back to Andriod, haha). It's just a nice feature at night to be able to glance over and see the LED on the front blink when a new email, for instance, arrives.

Thanks,
Fred

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
1. Yes, you can try Melodia and set custom notification sounds for each app.
2. No, there is no such app and OS does not have this feature included in 8.1 yet!

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
1- This appears to be only a bunch of notification tones that I can use for email, txt, etc.
I'm looking for an app to allow me to set different notifications (I already have the tones) for individual apps, that is I can set a notification tone for Facebook and a different notification tone for Viber, etc. 8.1 allows me to do that, I don't see a way in 8.0 and was hoping that there is an app that allows me to do that.

2 - Bummer. :)

Thanks,
Fred

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
[Assuming your phone runs on 8.1]

After you download tones from Melodia, you need to go to Settings --> Ringtones+Sounds-->Manage App Sounds. Scroll down and you will see those apps that come up with notification feature(It will list only those apps that have pushed at least a notification). Press/Select the app and you should be able to customize app sound by any tone that you have downloaded by selecting Notification Sound button. You can do the same for other apps as well. Hope that helps!

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So many people seem to be having a lot of problems with the 8.1 DP.
I have 8.1 on the Nokia phone (it updated to that as soon as I got it) and I like 8.1 a lot, however I'm really cautious abut trying the 8.1 DP on the ATIV, especially since there is no way to go back to 8.0 if I really have a lot of problems with the 8.1 DP.

:)
Fred

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss