01-26-2015 09:42 AM
33 12
tools
    I'm trying to picture the process in my mind...do you still log in to your Microsoft account when setting up, or is there a way to skip through that as well?
    01-12-2015 01:10 PM
    I skipped it until I had to log in for contracts and email accounts and such. Don't use the restore feature, for some reason it didn't like restore. I noticed it first when I got my SE and was moving everything from my Lumia, all the sudden the camera was all weird. The app would work but I couldn't take pictures. So I did a reset and skipped the restore function, and it totally worked. One of the members on here tried the same with the DP, and it worked, so I tried the same. Windows 8.1 installed without a hitch.
    01-12-2015 01:28 PM
    Cortana works fine...
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails pe_20150112143129.jpg  
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-12-2015 01:40 PM
    Thanks for the answer! I am from the Netherlands so I don't know if or when Verizon will push out the 8.1 update or will my Dutch provider need to push out the update to me? I am confused about it...
    01-12-2015 04:20 PM
    I'm trying to picture the process in my mind...do you still log in to your Microsoft account when setting up, or is there a way to skip through that as well?
    You sign-in and are given the choice about restoring a backup or not. Plus if you're current phone is on 8.1 I don't think you can even restore the 8.1 backup to the 8.0 Samsung. I chose no restore, then proceeded to install DP and updates. Only a couple hours max, then started on apps. Besides, I didn't get rid of my old 8X, so I wanted each phone with their own backups.
    01-12-2015 06:28 PM
    Thanks for the answer! I am from the Netherlands so I don't know if or when Verizon will push out the 8.1 update or will my Dutch provider need to push out the update to me? I am confused about it...
    The phone is Verizon branded and has a Verizon firmware, it'll look to Verizon for updates, regardless of location and current carrier in this case.

That is, if Samsung gets off its ****, and manages to push it through Verizon.
    01-12-2015 07:05 PM
    Been using my Ativ SE for... want to say 2 weeks so far. I really do love the device. It feels noticeably lighter than my icons and I really like the screen. SD card support helps me with all the pics and music I save. Havent used it to store video yet. Does anyone happen to know if this device is XLTE capable?
    Slovenix likes this.
    01-13-2015 12:02 PM
    Verizon debuts XLTE with double the bandwidth and faster peak speeds | Windows Phone Daily

Verizon claims XLTE has doubled the bandwidth compared to before and is capable of reaching higher peak speeds than ever. Not every Verizon devices supports XLTE, but if youve bought a smartphone in the past several months theres a good chance it does. On the Windows Phone side, Verizon has confirmed that the Nokia Lumia Icon and Samsung ATIV SE support the expanded network. However to take advantage of XLTE youll have to be in a city where its already received the green light. You can see the full list of supported cities here (note: its a PDF file).
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-26-2015 09:42 AM
33 12