Torn between SE and Icon

wraedeo_hed

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely no errors, in all honestly this phone with 8.1, is easily the best hardware on windows phone. It's just so fast never jitters, it just works. Camera is that much better as well.

It's like a galaxy S4 with windows phone.... Perfect

Last edited:

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Only Samsung I have had was the Note 2. Loved the hardware, hated TouchWiz. This would seem to be the best way to solve that!

One last question...I thought I saw in a review somewhere that 8.1 on the SE doesn't have Cortana. Is that true?

wraedeo_hed

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Cortana works perfectly fine. The camera (which was my biggest concern) is flawless.

Just remember you have to do a factory reset, SKIP THE RESTORE!!!, download the DP, then Install all of the DP updates. Then you can start reinstalling all of your apps, email addresses etc...etc... I works completely fine.

Just don't use the restore!!!

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to picture the process in my mind...do you still log in to your Microsoft account when setting up, or is there a way to skip through that as well?

wraedeo_hed

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I skipped it until I had to log in for contracts and email accounts and such. Don't use the restore feature, for some reason it didn't like restore. I noticed it first when I got my SE and was moving everything from my Lumia, all the sudden the camera was all weird. The app would work but I couldn't take pictures. So I did a reset and skipped the restore function, and it totally worked. One of the members on here tried the same with the DP, and it worked, so I tried the same. Windows 8.1 installed without a hitch.

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer! I am from the Netherlands so I don't know if or when Verizon will push out the 8.1 update or will my Dutch provider need to push out the update to me? I am confused about it...

jonthysell

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to picture the process in my mind...do you still log in to your Microsoft account when setting up, or is there a way to skip through that as well?

You sign-in and are given the choice about restoring a backup or not. Plus if you're current phone is on 8.1 I don't think you can even restore the 8.1 backup to the 8.0 Samsung. I chose no restore, then proceeded to install DP and updates. Only a couple hours max, then started on apps. Besides, I didn't get rid of my old 8X, so I wanted each phone with their own backups.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answer! I am from the Netherlands so I don't know if or when Verizon will push out the 8.1 update or will my Dutch provider need to push out the update to me? I am confused about it...

The phone is Verizon branded and has a Verizon firmware, it'll look to Verizon for updates, regardless of location and current carrier in this case.

That is, if Samsung gets off its ****, and manages to push it through Verizon.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Been using my Ativ SE for... want to say 2 weeks so far. I really do love the device. It feels noticeably lighter than my icons and I really like the screen. SD card support helps me with all the pics and music I save. Havent used it to store video yet. Does anyone happen to know if this device is XLTE capable?

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Verizon debuts XLTE with double the bandwidth and faster peak speeds | Windows Phone Daily

Verizon claims XLTE has doubled the bandwidth compared to before and is capable of reaching higher peak speeds than ever. Not every Verizon devices supports XLTE, but if you?ve bought a smartphone in the past several months there?s a good chance it does. On the Windows Phone side, Verizon has confirmed that the Nokia Lumia Icon and Samsung ATIV SE support the expanded network. However to take advantage of XLTE you?ll have to be in a city where it?s already received the green light. You can see the full list of supported cities here (note: it?s a PDF file).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire