Anybody unlock this phone to use on AT&T?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Technically it should just work. Isn't that a Verizon phone? All Verizon phones are unlocked from the beginning.

Only their world phones.
The ATIV SE is unlocked from the get-go, but be warned that while the basics will work, MMS, tethering might not. And the SE is tied to VZW for updates, and the update future looks pretty bleak NGL.

A shame though, its a real nice piece of phone.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm, because I had an ATIV SE from Verizon and used it on AT&T.
GSM is unlocked, so you'll get the AT&T HSPA+ speeds.
You will not get LTE.
MMS does not work, Verizon firmware locks that.
Internet sharing does not work, Verizon firmware locks that.
Otherwise, no problems.

Fred

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
All of Verizon LTE phones are GSM unlocked.
FCC forced that on them when the FSS granted Verizon the LTE bands.

Fred

Only their world phones.
The ATIV SE is unlocked from the get-go, but be warned that while the basics will work, MMS, tethering might not. And the SE is tied to VZW for updates, and the update future looks pretty bleak NGL.

A shame though, its a real nice piece of phone.

Rybot22

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I am using the Samsung Ativ SE on Straight talk. It works fine. Bought it unlocked from ebay. I just hope I get the update :eck:

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Now that the ATIV SE received the WP8.1.1 update a few days ago, have any tried to see if all those issues (MMS, main one for me) work for At&t? I really like this phone and would like to use it on At&t if MMS works. Don't want to buy a phone that doesn't half work ;)

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
All windows phones are sold sim-unlocked. So yes, you can use the Ativ SE on ATT. You may not get LTE, the highest speed you'll get is H+ I believe. Group MMS will not work either.

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info Ltauhmise. I know that the ATIV SE will work with any GSM carrier except LTE(different bands), MMS(settings locked) and Internet Sharing(setting locked) with WP8. I have no problem with LTE and Internet sharing not working, just MMS. But now with the new official WP8.1.1 update, I wonder if the users of this device can add a new access point for MMS successfully and if they were able to sent and receive pictures/group texts. If I can hear this from someone successfully then I'll be buying this phone instantly ;)

Splashstav

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I know that the ATIV SE will work with any GSM carrier except LTE(different bands), MMS(settings locked) and Internet Sharing(setting locked) with WP8. I have no problem with LTE and Internet sharing not working, just MMS. But now with the new official WP8.1.1 update, I wonder if the users of this device can add a new access point for MMS successfully and if they were able to sent and receive pictures/group texts.
Nope, on official WP8.1.1 it still can't work with MMS and tethering.

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Splashstav, thanks for the info, I appreciate it man. But is that with manually adding your new MMS APN settings and it still doesn't work? Does the official WP8.1.1 let you add new or existing APNs at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo