10-05-2016 10:12 PM
262 ... 91011
tools
    Hi guys, I currently use a 925 and an ativ s. But the SD card option has me using the ativ s more. I currently want to buy an Ativ SE over a 930 and 1520. So I can upgrade to windows 10. So I will like to know how the phone performs on windows 10. How is the battery life? How is the performance? is it ok for a daily driver? How does it compare to wp8.1 performance? Am typing this with my moms 1520 and I want something more compact?
    The overall experience was not bad but I did have freeze and could not make a phone call. I know that can happen on any phone but if you have health issues or for any emergency issue you might foresee, then you might want to go with a OS that is actually supported for you hardware. Don't mean to be so dark but it is worth thinking about.

Bill
    04-06-2016 12:05 PM
    Hi guys, I currently use a 925 and an ativ s. But the SD card option has me using the ativ s more. I currently want to buy an Ativ SE over a 930 and 1520. So I can upgrade to windows 10. So I will like to know how the phone performs on windows 10. How is the battery life? How is the performance? is it ok for a daily driver? How does it compare to wp8.1 performance? Am typing this with my moms 1520 and I want something more compact?
    I'm running 10586.164 on the slow ring, and it's excellent! Runs cool, no battery drain. Glance screen doesn't work, and a few other bugs, but i can use this as my main driver, and am very happy with it!
    04-07-2016 10:49 PM
    Thanks guys, now in search of an ativ se... Using a friends 830, its a very decent phone love the build quality... I have never held an ativ se but I hope it feels as good as this or even better. Also in performance.
    I see someone talking about glance screen, is that not a Nokia only feature on windows or does windows 10 enables that for every one else... Also does double tap to wake work on the ativ se. This little things makes me see the 830 as a viable option. What do you guys think?
    04-14-2016 01:04 PM
    I'm running 10586.164 on the slow ring, and it's excellent! Runs cool, no battery drain. Glance screen doesn't work, and a few other bugs, but i can use this as my main driver, and am very happy with it!
    Mine too, works good with .164 as you says with some glitches with sending sms, but ok
    Now i'm on .218 and cellular data is disconnecting turning on airplane and off not works neither setting the network manually, can't receive sms and some calls, data usage doesn't works as supposed, maybe i should go back to 8.1
    04-15-2016 03:12 PM
    Mine too, works good with .164 as you says with some glitches with sending sms, but ok
    Now i'm on .218 and cellular data is disconnecting turning on airplane and off not works neither setting the network manually, can't receive sms and some calls, data usage doesn't works as supposed, maybe i should go back to 8.1
    wp_ss_20160412_0002.jpg

I've been running .218 for about a week; so far, so good!
    04-17-2016 08:17 PM
    I was also successful with this today. Very pleased! Go team!
    I have Ativ SE. I'm going to keep this powerhouse phone forever. I've had them all from the 920 to the Icon.

Just for the principle I'll be pushing daisies up with this phone.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PUT WINDOWS 10 ON IT.

I'LL SERIOUSLY DO ANYTHING LOL.

I've looked at this post many times and others but I can't find the files required to download. Links are all dead.

If I have to buy another phone like the 830 I'm going to Apple and I don't want to. I'd rather shove a wooden spoon down my throat.
    My Ativ SE rocks. Design, specs, etc.

SOS.

Sincerely,

Diehard stupid Windows phone user...
    Erik Sg likes this.
    04-18-2016 07:04 AM
    I have Ativ SE. I'm going to keep this powerhouse phone forever. I've had them all from the 920 to the Icon.

I've looked at this post many times and others but I can't find the files required to download. Links are all dead.

If I have to buy another phone like the 830 I'm going to Apple and I don't want to. I'd rather shove a wooden spoon down my throat.

SOS.

Sincerely,

Try this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...10-mobile.html
    04-21-2016 12:14 AM
    ...doing some more reading... before posting.
    Last edited by saabaa; 04-22-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Don't want to add confusion, thx
    04-21-2016 11:07 PM
    Originally posted by AbitoMAX
    Originally Posted by Brad Herr
    I was also successful with this today. Very pleased! Go team!

SOS.

Sincerely,

I have installed W10M 1511 on my ATIV SE many times and currently I have Redstone on it. Honestly Redstone runs really well, cleaner and of course newer. I like it better. I do not use this phone at all except around the house. You can also reset this phone back to WP8.0 when needed as long as you do not screw up the Firmware.

XDA developers and Windows Central has been a great tool for me, so if you search for the below items it will be pretty simple to get accomplished. I am not going to repost or reinvent the wheel on the directions to use, so reference other links in this article for that.

Tools Used for the upgrade to W10M Threshold 2 and downgrade back to WP8.0:

CustomWPSystem_0500.xap
    CustomPFD_0003.xap
    Preview for developers installed on the SD Card
    WP8_Binary_Downloader_Ver._3.54.exe
    SM-W750V VRU0ANC2_R_signed.wp8
    SM-W750V_VRU0ANC2_R.csc

--Tool used to upgrade to Redstone if you lose the Registry editor while on Threshold 2 EDIT/UPDATE:(when I reset my Ativ SE on the redstone build it boot looped, but it was do to me replacing the sim card/sd card reader then resetting it. I have since reinstalled WP8 and upgraded again to W10M build 1607 and reset the Ativ SE and no issues).--
    InteropTools App

In a nutshell to upgrade to W10M Threshold 2 you just need to be able to initiate and change the Manufacturer to NOKIA the Model to RM-927 (which is preferred).

To upgrade to W10M Redstone you just need to be able to initiate and change the Manufacturer to Microsoft the Model to RM-1118 (which is what I used) or any other X50 device model name EDIT/UPDATE:(when I reset my Ativ SE on the redstone build it boot looped, but it was do to me replacing the sim card/sd card reader then resetting it. I have since reinstalled WP8 and upgraded again to W10M build 1607 and reset the Ativ SE and no issues).
    Last edited by Nate W; 08-03-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    07-21-2016 01:40 PM
    Exactly how do I change (the Manufacturer to Microsoft and the Model to RM-1118)?
    I have no technical knowledge/ability to accomplish this? Is there someplace I can send the phone for this service?

Thnkx,
    09-02-2016 12:33 AM
    Exactly how do I change (the Manufacturer to Microsoft and the Model to RM-1118)?
    I have no technical knowledge/ability to accomplish this? Is there someplace I can send the phone for this service?

Thnkx,
    Here's an updated and in-depth tutorial:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...-win-10-a.html
    09-02-2016 04:03 PM
    Here's an updated and in-depth tutorial:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...-win-10-a.html

Thanks... Folks let's continue at the thread Jeemo linked.
    10-05-2016 10:12 PM
262 ... 91011