The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-05-2016 10:12 PM
262 ... 56789 ...
tools
    So seeing as the "Shipping" version of Windows 10 Mobile (10586) was just pushed out today, I'm curious if any ATIV SE users will be upgrading to this release, and if so what their experiences are.

It sounds like 10581 was pretty smooth for all that tried it, and if this shipping release is even better, I think I'm going to dive in. Any and all info from those updating is truly appreciated :)

Thank you in advance!
    Had a stable 10581 running for about 3 weeks which was an update from W8.1 without hard reset. Hence waited and cautiously updated to 10586. Voila, it was a non-event (boring too, don't know what really improved!). "All stable" version with no hiccups whatever.There were problems with camera (flash not working in auto flash mode) in the previous build which continued with this update as well. Storage lists both internal and USB memories unlike the previous build.
    11-25-2015 08:57 AM
    Had a stable 10581 running for about 3 weeks which was an update from W8.1 without hard reset. Hence waited and cautiously updated to 10586. Voila, it was a non-event (boring too, don't know what really improved!). "All stable" version with no hiccups whatever.There were problems with camera (flash not working in auto flash mode) in the previous build which continued with this update as well. Storage lists both internal and USB memories unlike the previous build.
    WinBie, thanks for the update. Have you noticed any issues with Cortana moving from Windows 8.1 to WM10? I've heard things that the functionality doesn't work as well.
    11-25-2015 09:29 AM
    Thanks for the response.

Trying:
    Path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings
    Key: EntitlementRequired
    On WM10, build 10586, when using RootTools and using:
    - All Windows Registry editor: key is not found when doing a READ: Is that normal? I don't thing writing a new key is a good idea.
    - Using Lumia Editor, I get an exception indicating NDTKSvc.dll not found
    - Using Samsung Editor, I get External component has thrown an exception.

The registry key you want to edit for Internet Sharing is:
    HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings\EntitlementRequired - change value to "0" (zero, without quotes)

The registry keys you want to edit for MMS are:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Messaging\PerSimSettings\L egacy...
    ADDR =*http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc (this is for T-Mobile, use your provider's mms address)
    WapPushTechnology = 0
    UAProf = <Blank>
    IMsiAuthenticationToken = <Blank>
    DefaultContentLocationUrl =*http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc (this is for T-Mobile, use your provider's mms address)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISp ecific\Default\CellUX...
    HideMMSAPN = 0
    HideAPN = 0

Hope that helps. You may also need to go into SIM settings and add the APNs manually after updating to W10.
    11-25-2015 12:19 PM
    I turn off haptic feedback anyway, so that's one thing that doesn't bother me. How is Cortana? Does everything still function with her ok?
    I can't get her to recognize the "play xyz artist/song/album", but I can still say play my music or shuffle. Don't know if this is by design or not with the new groove app. Haven't tested the same function on the wife's Icon yet.
    11-25-2015 01:45 PM
    I can't get her to recognize the "play xyz artist/song/album", but I can still say play my music or shuffle. Don't know if this is by design or not with the new groove app. Haven't tested the same function on the wife's Icon yet.
    Thanks for the update. I'm actually more curious about the Hands-Free Text / Calling Over Bluetooth functionality while in the car. Any experience with that?
    11-25-2015 01:48 PM
    Another update.
    GPS working after reboot.
    Internet sharing good.
    Local and OneDrive playlists working.
    11-25-2015 03:48 PM
    Another update.
    Internet sharing good.
    Great news! How are you liking W10 vs 8.1 so far? Thoughts? Feedback?
    11-25-2015 03:56 PM
    I like W10M enough that I think it would be a slight bummer to go back to 8.1.

The settings in 10 is like 10 on the PC rather than WP8.1 setting I was used to. The cool thing is you can type in the search box what setting you are looking for and it will come up.
    I think there is always a little pain in changing to a new OS but this was a breeze and fun.
    I took me a while to get out of Groove music what I had achieved with XBOX music but now I have surpassed what I had in XBOX with Groove.
    When I first fired up W10M the battery did go down fast but I realized two things. First, the mandatory app updates made the thing really work. Second, the battery saver was not turned on by default. So after using for a week I see when I get home from work it has used a little more battery than 8.1 did but not a problem. I hope there is an official upgrade from MS for this phone as it probably would out perform this load for the ICON. Also if we would be lucky enough that Samsung would actually cooperate we could get new firmware also. Has anyone heard anything about this phone getting an official update?
    11-25-2015 10:52 PM
    Thanks for the update. I'm actually more curious about the Hands-Free Text / Calling Over Bluetooth functionality while in the car. Any experience with that?
    I've been using bluetooth with WM10 10586 on the ATIV SE and it works fine for the most part (I'll qualify that a bit later).
    All HF functionality works, including A2DP and AVRCP 1.3 (got downgraded from 1.4 that we had with WP8.1, so no bluetooth browsing capability for stored music).

There is the odd time that a call doesn't go through and the only way out would be to restart the phone. (and sometimes restarting bluetooth). But I must say I think I had issues like this with WP8.1 as well but I don't yet have any opinions about its frequency or severity. Time will tell.
    11-26-2015 12:08 PM
    Another update.
    Internet sharing good.
    Could you please comment as to how you got Internetsharing to work?
    I've been trying to edit the registry key (as per Brad Herr's suggestions) but I can't seem to be able to edit the registry.
    Would be great if you could share your steps.

thanks
    Last edited by theshowman; 11-26-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    11-26-2015 12:11 PM
    I've been using bluetooth with WM10 10586 on the ATIV SE and it works fine for the most part (I'll qualify that a bit later).
    All HF functionality works, including A2DP and AVRCP 1.3 (got downgraded from 1.4 that we had with WP8.1, so no bluetooth browsing capability for stored music).

There is the odd time that a call doesn't go through and the only way out would be to restart the phone. (and sometimes restarting bluetooth). But I must say I think I had issues like this with WP8.1 as well but I don't yet have any opinions about its frequency or severity. Time will tell.

Thank you for that thesHowman! As far as the Bluetooth downgrade goes, are you saying I would no longer be able to control my music (Fast Forward / Reverse) of my phone music selection via my navigational head unit anymore with WM10 and ATIV SE? If so, that would be a major bummer and may prevent me from upgrading until that gets put back in a future build.
    11-26-2015 12:22 PM
    Hi
    :)
    AVRCP 1.3 allows music meta data and basic control of the music player (stop/start/pause/FF/REW) . This is supported on WM10.
    AVRCP 1.4 allows browsing of media on your HU (if it also supports 1.4), so you can go through your music collection and select song or album to play. I kind of found that handy with my recently installed Pioneer NEX5000 but now, with the new upgrade to WM10, I can no longer do that. It is not a big deal but it was a nice to have.

Thank you for that thesHowman! As far as the Bluetooth downgrade goes, are you saying I would no longer be able to control my music (Fast Forward / Reverse) of my phone music selection via my navigational head unit anymore with WM10 and ATIV SE? If so, that would be a major bummer and may prevent me from upgrading until that gets put back in a future build.
    11-26-2015 12:40 PM
    Ahhh, I never did that... just used basic controls. I have a Kenwood DNX892 and it looks like it was the v1.4 on it for AVRCP. Had no idea I could browse through music on it! Will have to give it a try and see how it works. That said, if I upgrade it sounds like I wont be missing anything. One less thing to worry about. The biggest feature to me is using Cortana through Bluetooth on my car. As long as she works the same way, I may upgrade.

Hi
    :)
    AVRCP 1.3 allows music meta data and basic control of the music player (stop/start/pause/FF/REW) . This is supported on WM10.
    AVRCP 1.4 allows browsing of media on your HU (if it also supports 1.4), so you can go through your music collection and select song or album to play. I kind of found that handy with my recently installed Pioneer NEX5000 but now, with the new upgrade to WM10, I can no longer do that. It is not a big deal but it was a nice to have.
    11-26-2015 12:53 PM
    I paired my old Surface pro 1 to the phone and went to wifi on the tablet and found the phone and said connect. That was it.

Thanks
    11-26-2015 01:25 PM
    My Tunein Radio App was updated automatically to the new universal version but it did not stream anything. So I uninstalled expecting to reinstall fresh but the store said my device was not supported. Could someone check is you getting the same thing on your W10 ATIV-SE?
    Thanks
    Bill
    12-03-2015 09:51 PM
    Looks like a new build was just pushed out via Fast Ring. Would be interested to see if any improvements can be seen on the ATIV SE with the latest build.

Thanks in advance!
    12-04-2015 09:51 PM
    Quick update, I was able to browse my history in the store to find old version of tune in Radio. Good so far. I did take the new update last night. I like W10 very much. If had to use the GPS seriously I would roll back to 8.1. I'm holding on for now.
    Thanks
    Bill
    12-05-2015 08:18 AM
    You have problems with the MicroSD? Por example, instaling apps. Because the Lumia Icon don't have suport to MicroSD...
    Answer me, please :)
    12-05-2015 09:58 AM
    You have problems with the MicroSD? Por example, instaling apps. Because the Lumia Icon don't have suport to MicroSD...
    Answer me, please :)
    12-05-2015 10:01 AM
    I have 8000 songs also videos and pictures on 128gb SanDisk, no problem.
    12-05-2015 12:53 PM
    And apps on the MicroSD?
    12-05-2015 08:49 PM
    I don't usually put apps on sd, but I did put a couple on by accident and think they were working. I moved them to internal as soon as I noticed the setting was wrong.
    12-05-2015 08:55 PM
    And apps on the MicroSD?
    All my apps have been put onto the SD card. No problems. :)
    12-06-2015 10:36 AM
    Can anyone confirm GPS performance on the ATIV-SE with this particular load of W10M? Like i have said before its the only reason I may go back to 8.1. In Burlington Iowa I don't usually have to use GPS it is just fun while going across town. Here is my experience. At worst the Application (Sygic,Maps or Copilot) will hang trying to get a fix or even open. At best it will accept my destination and I will hit the GO button and start making the 5 mile trek to my destination. After a mile or so it will loose contact with the GPS. If everyone else says theirs is great I might try doing the procedure over or put this phone back to 8.1 and try my other phone but if it is confirmed that we all have the problem I guess I,ll go back to 8.1.

Thanks
    Bill
    Last edited by Williaml99; 12-06-2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: My spelling is bad.
    12-06-2015 06:55 PM
    Hey. Does anyone have problems with the camera? Sometimes I can't capture photos and have to turn to the ATIV Camera
    12-08-2015 08:33 PM
262 ... 56789 ...