Windows 10 on Ativ SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been using bluetooth with WM10 10586 on the ATIV SE and it works fine for the most part (I'll qualify that a bit later).
All HF functionality works, including A2DP and AVRCP 1.3 (got downgraded from 1.4 that we had with WP8.1, so no bluetooth browsing capability for stored music).

There is the odd time that a call doesn't go through and the only way out would be to restart the phone. (and sometimes restarting bluetooth). But I must say I think I had issues like this with WP8.1 as well but I don't yet have any opinions about its frequency or severity. Time will tell.

Thank you for that thesHowman! As far as the Bluetooth downgrade goes, are you saying I would no longer be able to control my music (Fast Forward / Reverse) of my phone music selection via my navigational head unit anymore with WM10 and ATIV SE? If so, that would be a major bummer and may prevent me from upgrading until that gets put back in a future build.

theshowman

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi
:)
AVRCP 1.3 allows music meta data and basic control of the music player (stop/start/pause/FF/REW) . This is supported on WM10.
AVRCP 1.4 allows browsing of media on your HU (if it also supports 1.4), so you can go through your music collection and select song or album to play. I kind of found that handy with my recently installed Pioneer NEX5000 but now, with the new upgrade to WM10, I can no longer do that. It is not a big deal but it was a nice to have.

Thank you for that thesHowman! As far as the Bluetooth downgrade goes, are you saying I would no longer be able to control my music (Fast Forward / Reverse) of my phone music selection via my navigational head unit anymore with WM10 and ATIV SE? If so, that would be a major bummer and may prevent me from upgrading until that gets put back in a future build.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh, I never did that... just used basic controls. I have a Kenwood DNX892 and it looks like it was the v1.4 on it for AVRCP. Had no idea I could browse through music on it! Will have to give it a try and see how it works. That said, if I upgrade it sounds like I wont be missing anything. One less thing to worry about. The biggest feature to me is using Cortana through Bluetooth on my car. As long as she works the same way, I may upgrade.

Hi
:)
AVRCP 1.3 allows music meta data and basic control of the music player (stop/start/pause/FF/REW) . This is supported on WM10.
AVRCP 1.4 allows browsing of media on your HU (if it also supports 1.4), so you can go through your music collection and select song or album to play. I kind of found that handy with my recently installed Pioneer NEX5000 but now, with the new upgrade to WM10, I can no longer do that. It is not a big deal but it was a nice to have.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
My Tunein Radio App was updated automatically to the new universal version but it did not stream anything. So I uninstalled expecting to reinstall fresh but the store said my device was not supported. Could someone check is you getting the same thing on your W10 ATIV-SE?
Thanks
Bill

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a new build was just pushed out via Fast Ring. Would be interested to see if any improvements can be seen on the ATIV SE with the latest build.

Thanks in advance!

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Quick update, I was able to browse my history in the store to find old version of tune in Radio. Good so far. I did take the new update last night. I like W10 very much. If had to use the GPS seriously I would roll back to 8.1. I'm holding on for now.
Thanks
Bill

CarloZapata

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
You have problems with the MicroSD? Por example, instaling apps. Because the Lumia Icon don't have suport to MicroSD...
Answer me, please :)

CarloZapata

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
You have problems with the MicroSD? Por example, instaling apps. Because the Lumia Icon don't have suport to MicroSD...
Answer me, please :)

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't usually put apps on sd, but I did put a couple on by accident and think they were working. I moved them to internal as soon as I noticed the setting was wrong.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm GPS performance on the ATIV-SE with this particular load of W10M? Like i have said before its the only reason I may go back to 8.1. In Burlington Iowa I don't usually have to use GPS it is just fun while going across town. Here is my experience. At worst the Application (Sygic,Maps or Copilot) will hang trying to get a fix or even open. At best it will accept my destination and I will hit the GO button and start making the 5 mile trek to my destination. After a mile or so it will loose contact with the GPS. If everyone else says theirs is great I might try doing the procedure over or put this phone back to 8.1 and try my other phone but if it is confirmed that we all have the problem I guess I,ll go back to 8.1.

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Just a heads up, the newer versions of Win10 are complete cabs; we can do Hard Resets now on Windows 10. Just tested on 10586. Also, putting together an interop tutorial if anyone's interested.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Update on ATIV-SE W10M GPS performance. I have found if I go to airplane mode the GPS did not drop on the way to work. It will always drop if cellular or WIFI has a connection to the internet. I experience similar on my surface pro 1. It seems to me with Windows 10 Location services needs to be GPS or WIFI/Cellular and this I believe is a windows bug that the two sources do not work well together in GPS navigation apps. I also have noticed that the voice on the NAV program sounds slow like it is being played at the wrong bit rate? I would normally do a hard reset at this point but did not think we could do with this setup? Jeemo, are you saying we can do this with the latest update?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion