Harish39

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
1.- Preview for developers must be on sd card
2.-CustomWPSystem must be on pone memory
3.-Custom PFD must be on sd card root directory
4.-Windows Insider must be on phone memory

Hope it help mate

My phone is rebooting every 5min after i changed my registery values to lumia 930 UK.
I got one update after configuring insider app, and then it started rebooting.
I reverted back from 8.1 to 8.0 still same problem :unhappysweat:
Anything i can do?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The only thing you are doing wrong - Using windows phone SDK 8.0 [The one provided with your tutorial is this only]
You need to use Windows phone SDK 8.1 and windows phone application development 8.1 to deplay CustomWPSystem

Deploying is not my issue. I got the CustomWPSystem in without any issues.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
1.- Preview for developers must be on sd card
2.-CustomWPSystem must be on pone memory
3.-Custom PFD must be on sd card root directory
4.-Windows Insider must be on phone memory

Hope it help mate

Put a check sign on each one as being done. The registry editor is not loading.

arct1cblu3

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
My phone is rebooting every 5min after i changed my registery values to lumia 930 UK.
I got one update after configuring insider app, and then it started rebooting.
I reverted back from 8.1 to 8.0 still same problem :unhappysweat:
Anything i can do?

Did you hard reset your device after downgrade?, I changed the registry values to HTC One and the only bug Im facing is the lockscreen lag.

Harish39

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Did you hard reset your device after downgrade?, I changed the registry values to HTC One and the only bug Im facing is the lockscreen lag.

Wish i had contacted you before changing registry values
I did reset after downgrade, Looks like its just a rom, firmware seems to be broken because of that update

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I should clear some things up.

If you're having trouble opening CustomPFD after patching it to Preview for Developers, you're probably using CustomPFD_0600.xap or CustomPFD_0500.xap; you MUST use CustomPFD_0300.xap. Versions 0.5 and 0.6 are for sideloading on devices that are interop unlocked. You must use version 0.3 if you're applying it with CustomWPSystem.

It is impossible to get from 8.0 to 10 because Windows Insider is only available if you're on 8.1. You can get to 8.1 with the 8.0 bootloader (which has more exploits than the 8.1 bootloader) by updating to 8.1 through Preview for Developers, however this resolves in a provisioning error which prevents Windows Update from updating your system with DISM (in other words, no 10). The ONLY way to get to 10 is to start from 8.1.

Steps to get to 10:

Make sure your phone is on stock 8.1.1 (OTA updates, no other changes. If you've made any changes you must flash back to 8.0 using my tutorial and then take OTA updates to 8.1.1).

Hard reset your phone twice (I boot while holding Vol Down to reach the exclamation point symbol, and then hard reset with the combo Vol Up>Vol Down>Power>Vol Down).

Upon initial setup, connect to WiFi, connect your Microsoft account (do NOT restore a backup), and wait for all apps to finish updating.

Install Preview for Developers and move it to your SD card.

Register your phone as a development device using the 8.1 SDK on your computer.

Sideload CustomWPSystem.

Use CustomWPSystem to patch Preview for Developers with CustomPFD_0300.xap (must be 0.3, not 0.5 or 0.6).

Soft reset (hold power and Vol Down until it reboots).

Open Preview for Developers (which is really CustomPFD).

Navigate to HKLM>System>Platform>DeviceTargettingInfo.

Change phoneManufacturer to NOKIA and phoneManufacturerModelName to RM-927 (this is the Lumia Icon, which has the same chipset/architecture as the Ativ SE, and it has Verizon provisioning).

Install Windows Insider, and use it as you would normally.

You'll get the update to 10536, and WiFi will remain functional. DO NO DO A HARD RESET FROM 10 OR YOU WILL NEED TO REFLASH 8.0 AND START AGAIN!

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Try 3 times, no luck. Send me a link to downgrade to 8.0, I'm going scorched Earth on this one.

I wrote this in my previous post but I'm quoting you so you get a notification. You're probably trying to use CustomPFD_0500 or CustomPFD_0600. You must use CustomPFD_0300 if you're using CustomWPSystem; versions 0.5 and 0.6 are for sideloading onto devices that are interop unlocked.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I wrote this in my previous post but I'm quoting you so you get a notification. You're probably trying to use CustomPFD_0500 or CustomPFD_0600. You must use CustomPFD_0300 if you're using CustomWPSystem; versions 0.5 and 0.6 are for sideloading onto devices that are interop unlocked.

Using 0300. I read the XDA thread regarding PFD. Interesting though that the line about writing a reg edit is now crossed out except for interop unlocked devices OR Lumias. I tried another editor I found elsewhere on XDA and it only lets me read. I also read somewhere that Samsung acquiesced to Verizon and wrote some changes to the SE 8.1 FW. I'm wondering if the reg edits done on 8 would survive an update to 8.1 if I were to downgrade.

arct1cblu3

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Using 0300. I read the XDA thread regarding PFD. Interesting though that the line about writing a reg edit is now crossed out except for interop unlocked devices OR Lumias. I tried another editor I found elsewhere on XDA and it only lets me read. I also read somewhere that Samsung acquiesced to Verizon and wrote some changes to the SE 8.1 FW. I'm wondering if the reg edits done on 8 would survive an update to 8.1 if I were to downgrade.

Well, on TP I have the WPSystem and the registry editor that installed after to get the TP they survived but I don't know if that can happen if you are on w8 and upgrade to 8.1

Artem Veselovsky

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
To those who successfully installed w10 on Ativ SE: are there any broken things? Does SD work after w10 upgrade? Any chance you can shoot a small video of how the device handles the OS? Currently thinking of doing the same but still have some doubts as it's my main device. I would really appreciate any follow-up on this.

arct1cblu3

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
To those who successfully installed w10 on Ativ SE: are there any broken things? Does SD work after w10 upgrade? Any chance you can shoot a small video of how the device handles the OS? Currently thinking of doing the same but still have some doubts as it's my main device. I would really appreciate any follow-up on this.

SD Works but store is buggy like I said, if you update all new features of W10 and your setting is INSTALL NEW APPS ON PHONE MEMORY and you change it after to INSTALL NEW APPS ON SD CARD the store will start download again all new apps, lockscreen is buggy too, softkeys won't vibrate when you enable it, Samsung autobrightness setting won't work(but W10 same satting do the job), and battery life isn't awesome.

So you can choose, in my case I reverted to 8.1 last night cause is my main phone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05