Windows 10 on Ativ SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you
but after restoring to 8.0 i have only managed to install that small update
device keeps restarting whenever i tried to update my phone to 8.1, i am on windows phone 8.0 and airplane mode is always on, cant even turn off
even after install that small update, during migrating data screen it restarted twice
I just noticed, previously i didnt install samsung driver correctly , havent disable driver signatore verification before restoring to 8.0
now i did that and restored same issue still
infact it said update is unsuccessfull
Is there anyway i can restore to 8.1 directly ? :eek:rly:

No way to update directly unfortunately. The package we're using to flash our phones to 8.0 does not flash all sectors, so I'm going to assume that you disguised your phone as a phone with a different chipset. It probably installed some firmware that is not flashed in our recovery image. Make sure you have the drivers installed, redownload the 8.0 image (in case it was a bad download), and try again with a different cable. If it still doesn't work see if Verizon will give you a replacement. I've said this before and I'll say it again; we should be disguising this phone as the Lumia Icon because it has the same exact chipset on our phone, and it has Verizon provisioning. RM-927

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
You all need to STOP doing this:

- PhoneFriendlyName: Lumia 830
- PhoneManufacturer: Nokia
- PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-983

This phone does not have the same features as ours, nor does it have Verizon provisioning for future updates to the radio (if we ever get any). Also, you only need to change PhoneManufacturer and PhoneManufacturerModelName; it is not necessary to change the friendly name or any other values. I'm going to give a concise update process:

- Use my tutorial to flash back to 8.0 GDR3.

- When you setup the phone, just sign in and DO NOT restore any updates.

- Let the phone sit and install all apps/updates from the Store before you update the OS/phone itself (even if it prompts you to).

- Turn off your phone normally and turn it back on.

- Install the OS/phone upgrade to 8.1.

- Let the phone sit and install all apps/updates from the Store before doing anything.

- Turn off your phone normally and turn it back on.

- Check to see if there's an OS update, if there is, install it and repeat the last few steps (let it sit and install app updates, then turn it off and on normally).

- Now you should be on 8.1.1 (8.1 Update) with all stock apps installed and up to date.

- Turn off your phone. Hold down the Volume Down button while holding the Power button. Once the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button but continue holding Volume Down until an exclamation point (!) appears. From here, input the following combo: Vol Up, Vol Down, Power, Vol Down. The phone should restart, show the gears, and wipe the phone clean.

- Once your phone is done and you're at the initial setup screen, set it up normally, log in to your account, but again DO NOT restore a backup.

- Immediately after setup, go to Storage Sense and uninstall EVERY APP. You should be able to click Phone, Apps, and then select all to easily uninstall them all.

- Once they're uninstalled, do a Soft Reset by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons until the phone restarts (let go of the buttons after it vibrates).

- Let the phone sit and install all the app updates.

- Install Preview for Developers, go to Storage Sense, and move it from Phone to SD Card.

- Connect your phone to the computer and unlock your phone using the Developer Registration 8.1 application.

- Sideload CustomWPSystem_0600.

- Place CustomPFD_0300 on your SD Card.

- Open CustomWPSystem on the phone, follow the instructions and replace Preview for Developers with CustomPFD.

- Open CustomPFD, navigate to HKLM>System>Platform>DeviceTargettingInfo

- Click PhoneManufacturer, type NOKIA in the field, and press Write.

- Press back, and click PhoneManufacturerModelName, type RM-927 in the field, and press Write.

- Go to Store and install Windows Insider.

- Soft Reset (Vol Down and Power).

- Open Windows Insider, and do what it says, follow the normal update process and you'll get to 10536.

I just did these EXACT steps 3 days ago and it works perfectly; WiFi remains functional.

jasonstemm

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
This is my screenshot after using this method. Really does work. Takes about 2 hours to go through it. Wifi works, phone works, most of my apps work. Will do one update to get ready for Windows 10, the windows 10 upgrade, and another update (may be different for you).

wp_ss_20151003_0002.jpg

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
This is my screenshot after using this method. Really does work. Takes about 2 hours to go through it. Wifi works, phone works, most of my apps work. Will do one update to get ready for Windows 10, the windows 10 upgrade, and another update (may be different for you).

Awesome! Press the Thanks button for me :)

Can someone provide the URL for this, please? The one posted on the first page seems to be broken...

DO NOT USE THAT METHOD!!!!!!!!! Read my tutorial 2 posts above yours; it's concise and up to date.

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Alright, like Artem veselovsky said above and before, where can I get the Hack Tools.zip
that comes with two files: Custom_WPSystem.xap and Custom_PfD.xap?

I only want to modify the MMS and Internet Sharing registry so I can use it for at&t. I'm Not planning to upgrade to W10 mobile anytime soon. With that being said, will the tutorial on post # 13 work with WP8.1? Or does it only work for W10? I'll much appreciate if someone can help answer this and provide the files needed. Thanks!

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Alright, who was the wiseguy who didn't tell me I had to use the Windows Phone SDK 8.1 to get this to finally work?

Update: for those wanting to do it with AT&T, it does work. The MMS settings are:

APNphone
UsernameNot set
PasswordNot set
WAP Gatewayproxy.mobile.att.net
WAP Gateway Port80
MMSChttp://mmsc.mobile.att.net
Max Message Size600k
IP typeIPv4v6

Is it Windows Phone SDK 8.1 or Windows Phone SDK 8.0 in order to work? Your tutorial is WP SDK 8.0. Can you also provide the correct files with the tutorial please? Thanks!

*Note: I'm still on stock WP8.0 GDR3 and is about to upgrade to WP8.1. Not planning to upgrade to W10.

Last edited:

Artem Veselovsky

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone try to hard reset the phone being on Windows 10. Will it restore the registry values to Samsung W-750 instead of Nokia RM-927? Is it even safe to hard reset on ATIV SE on Windows 10? I'm not going to hack Wi-Fi sharing and MMS, do not need those anyway

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it Windows Phone SDK 8.1 or Windows Phone SDK 8.0 in order to work? Your tutorial is WP SDK 8.0. Can you also provide the correct files with the tutorial please? Thanks!

*Note: I'm still on stock WP8.0 GDR3 and is about to upgrade to WP8.1. Not planning to upgrade to W10.

I finally got it to work using SDK 8.1 but you have to be on WP8.1. Also, I used the CustomWP version 600 not the 500. The patch MUST be the 300 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally got it to work using SDK 8.1 but you have to be on WP8.1. Also, I used the CustomWP version 600 not the 500. The patch MUST be the 300 version.

Thanks man! Much appreciated for clarifying. Made my life one step easier. I'll upgrade to WP8.1 asap. Can you also provide me the files (SDK 8.1, CustomWP version 600, Custom PfD) or at least direct me where to download it? Thanks again!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man! Much appreciated for clarifying. Made my life one step easier. I'll upgrade to WP8.1 asap. Can you also provide me the files (SDK 8.1, CustomWP version 600, Custom PfD) or at least direct me where to download it? Thanks again!

Google: Windows Phone SDK 8.1 download

CustomWpSystem and go to the XDA link, same goes for the patch.

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Google: Windows Phone SDK 8.1 download

CustomWpSystem and go to the XDA link, same goes for the patch.

Alright, I'm lost to the "Windows Phone SDK 8.1 download" as I don't know which one is it and is it the same as the "Windows Phone 8.1 Development Tools?" If so, do I need to install "Visual Studio?" I'm very lost, help please! Can you just give me the links where you got yours from? Or update your tutorial with the correct files link, that would make my life so much easier.

For "CustomWpSystem," I found it from the XDA exactly like you said from here:
[XAP][08/06/2015][0.6] CustomWPSystem - patc?€? | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

And for the "Patch," What is that? Is that the "CustomPfD?" I'm lost again. Help again, thanks! Still learning these stuff.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm out in the field. Yes, the patch is the PfD and should be in the same post. The SDK includes Visual Studio if I'm not mistaken.

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I'm out in the field. Yes, the patch is the PfD and should be in the same post. The SDK includes Visual Studio if I'm not mistaken.

Ok, I didn't see the CustomPfd in that same post I provided or I must be blind but I was able to find the CustomPfD from another post at XDA here:
[XAP][18/09/2015][0.6] CustomPFD: registry e… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

And for the WP SDK 8.1, there's too many downloads to know which one to download, is there a Lite version of it like the one you provided in your original tutorial? A Lite version of WP SDK 8.1?

ATIV_S

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Alright, I deleted my two previous posts since I solved my own errors. My Internet Sharing is working so that's awesome but my MMS still doesn't work for At&t.

I used the "http://mmsc.mobile.att.net" in replace of the "http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc" for both of the fields that needed to be changed but no luck! I even changed to the old "http://mmsc.cingular.com" (works fine w/ my ATIV S) and still no luck!

Also I noticed that my Internet APN isn't being saved after I restart my phone. I have to add it every time when the phone is restarted. Also, I don't see any of my saved APNs on the APN setting, no At&t Internet and no At&t MMS, only the Verizon APN is visible. Did I do something wrong? Or am I missing something here? Help please?

Note** I did these registries hack without a SIM card, don't know if that matters. But I did redo the registries with a SIM card and there's no difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720