Windows 10 on Ativ SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieluna Anais

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I updated it successfully (at least it seems to be) to .10581 released a hours ago.

Samely this build has an issue. It stucks at black screen between end of recovery and first boot.

I leaved it for 30mins and soft reset it with vol- + power key.

And it now works. WiFi works as well.

Brad Herr

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Mine is also working great with 10581. Muuuuuuch faster this build. I've run into a few wonky things (e.g. mobile data didn't work properly at first, scrambled start screen error), but I got past it. Battery life is still not nearly as good as 8.1, but seems better than previous builds.

As for RTM, I'm hopeful we'll get it through the Insider Program despite MS's split from Verizon. I guess we'll see in the next few months!

WinBie

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Got the WP 10 10581 build on ATIV SE. Everything is working well and the life span of battery charge did not change significantly. One peculiarity had been that Settings>System>Storage shows only the SD card storage and not that of phone (device). However, the File explorer app shows both Device and SD card folders and files. After "updating" from WP8.1, to this build, I lost the Here Drive+ voice navigation (which no longer functions/not available for installation) and no good alternate app is available. Outlook mail does not have the option to link multiple inboxes as was there in the WP8.1 version. These apart, the OS works very smooth, no apparent lags in loading of apps, no crashes either.

geopit

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Got the WP 10 10581 build on ATIV SE. Everything is working well and the life span of battery charge did not change significantly. One peculiarity had been that Settings>System>Storage shows only the SD card storage and not that of phone (device). However, the File explorer app shows both Device and SD card folders and files. After "updating" from WP8.1, to this build, I lost the Here Drive+ voice navigation (which no longer functions/not available for installation) and no good alternate app is available. Outlook mail does not have the option to link multiple inboxes as was there in the WP8.1 version. These apart, the OS works very smooth, no apparent lags in loading of apps, no crashes either.

SysApp Pusher>Here Drive+

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 on Ativ SE - Astoria?

Has anyone tried or attempted using the Astoria feature to side load Android apps on the ATIV SE?

Just curious, as if I do plan to stick with my ATIV SE indefinitely (unless something changes on the Verizon front), I'd like to put WM10 on it once the final release goes out.

If the feature doesn't work well, I'm seriously debating switching to another phone.... maybe even the Nexus 6P :(

Any and all info is truly appreciated!

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone tried or attempted using the Astoria feature to side load Android apps on the ATIV SE?

Just curious, as if I do plan to stick with my ATIV SE indefinitely (unless something changes on the Verizon front), I'd like to put WM10 on it once the final release goes out.

If the feature doesn't work well, I'm seriously debating switching to another phone.... maybe even the Nexus 6P :(

Any and all info is truly appreciated!

Android subsystem is gone from last few builds. Doesn't look like it'll be back at release.

Please, reconsider huawei, their build quality is awful, you are better with other brands, LG, Motorola, Xiaomi, Meizu, even Samsung...

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Android subsystem is gone from last few builds. Doesn't look like it'll be back at release.

Please, reconsider huawei, their build quality is awful, you are better with other brands, LG, Motorola, Xiaomi, Meizu, even Samsung...

Yeah, I've been reading about the "easy to bend" issues of the 6P. I just like the idea of having pure Android if I'm going to go back over to the dark side for a bit. While I actually prefer the Samsung hardware specs, unfortunately I just read they have massive security issues due to all the Touchwiz crap on them.

Seems like there is no perfect Android either. The LG G4 seems nice, but they have their own software on it too. The Blackberry PRIV might be good security wise though. May have to look at that.

Bummer they took Astoria out. I wonder why. If they put it back in on release, it's more reason to stay with Windows Phone (which I'd rather do.)

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm trying to patch without success. I've done a lot of research and read the directions very carefully. For some reason when patching preview for developers with CustomPFD_0300 I am getting an error.

"Could not find a part of the path 'D:\WPSystem\appsx'."

Any ideas? I've noticed that both CustomPFD and WPSystem are .zips when downloaded. I couldn't think of what else to do so I just renamed the .zip extension to .xap which seemed to work but now I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

--------------------------------------------------

SOLVED: CustomWPSystem was deployed to the SD card for some reason, I used storage sense to move it back to phone storage and everything worked flawlessly! Now running W10M on my ATIV SE!!! Thanks everyone. I'll go through and thank all the posts that helped me on the way. Never thought I would get the opportunity to use W10M on my Samsung, so grateful!

12208741_732426406890474_6153017844562964552_n.jpg

Last edited:

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Anyone notice vibrate for text messaging doesn't seem to work? Is this something others are experiencing or am I just missing a setting somewhere? Just curious, thanks!

Last edited:

Warren Dean

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Now that getting WP10 onto the ATIV SE has been accomplished, would one of you RSGs (Really Smart Guys) put together a primer for the average guy that gives the instructions step by step? I have given up on WP10 for now and gone back to Android because of the lack of support Verizon and Samsung are giving for WP10. If I can get it loaded and working correctly, I'll fire the ATIV up and put it back in service,

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Now that getting WP10 onto the ATIV SE has been accomplished, would one of you RSGs (Really Smart Guys) put together a primer for the average guy that gives the instructions step by step? I have given up on WP10 for now and gone back to Android because of the lack of support Verizon and Samsung are giving for WP10. If I can get it loaded and working correctly, I'll fire the ATIV up and put it back in service,

I'll second that request. A step by step guide of some sort for the average user would be much appreciated!

On a side note, Happy Veterans Day's everyone! :)

djblitz

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm all for this!

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I'll second that request. A step by step guide of some sort for the average user would be much appreciated!

On a side note, Happy Veterans Day's everyone! :)

I'll take a wack at it for you, let me get the files together in One Drive and I'll write up something dead simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss