Windows 10 on Ativ SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, bad news. I typed the whole thing up in word, links and everything and I got half way done with it and tried to post it. I didn't have enough posts to create links so I got up to go get some dinner. When I got back Word had crashed and I couldn't get back to the post page via Edge history so I'm screwed. I have about half of the document recovered but I'll have to retype the rest tomorrow at work. I'm really sorry for the guys who waited up. It's a kick *** guide. Maybe it'll be even better the second time around. I'll update this tomorrow with a link to the guide. Again, I'm really sorry!

Unless anyone has a magic fix to recovering old clipboard text or unsaved word documents I'll see you guys tomorrow. Already tried searching temp folders and previous versions, word saved nothing. Alright, I'm beat, going to bed. Guide tomorrow morning, early, Pacific Time.

Cheers,
asellite

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, bad news. I typed the whole thing up in word, links and everything and I got half way done with it and tried to post it. I didn't have enough posts to create links so I got up to go get some dinner. When I got back Word had crashed and I couldn't get back to the post page via Edge history so I'm screwed. I have about half of the document recovered but I'll have to retype the rest tomorrow at work. I'm really sorry for the guys who waited up. It's a kick *** guide. Maybe it'll be even better the second time around. I'll update this tomorrow with a link to the guide. Again, I'm really sorry!

Unless anyone has a magic fix to recovering old clipboard text or unsaved word documents I'll see you guys tomorrow. Already tried searching temp folders and previous versions, word saved nothing. Alright, I'm beat, going to bed. Guide tomorrow morning, early, Pacific Time.

Cheers,
asellite

No worries Asellite. I can't speak for others, but Im in no rush. I know the new RTM build comes out soon, so I'm going to wait for that anyway before I do anything. No rush. Take your time and put together a solid guide :)

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I ended up staying up and refinishing it. It's done and posted as a new thread, awaiting Mod approval. Should be up soon, keep an eye out. I'll leave a link here when it goes live! Hope it helps you!

Warren Dean

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks you very much for the guide. It worked and I am now running my ATIV SE with WP10. The instructions were great and you deserve a beer or three for the effort and quality of the guide. :) :)

Hayes Cooper19

May 27, 2014
Visit site
First of all, a tremendous thank you to all of those who did the heavy lifting in figuring out how to get W10 on the SE, which Asellite so graciously constructed into a thorough and easy to follow guide through the process. I purchased an SE on eBay shortly after switching to Verizon from a regional carrier that didn't support any Windows devices, and I was becoming quite disheartened at the prospect that it might never see W10. Now, to finish the process, I need your help.

*Copied from my post on Asellite's "Complete Guide" thread*
I've run into a snag and need to know if it's okay to proceed. I followed the steps to the letter, went to the insider app, applied for fast ring, then went to install updates and, instead of getting windows 10, I'm seeing an update for 8.10.14219.341. I can't retry the Insider update without installing the 8.10.14219 update, or else resetting the device and trying again. Which of these options would be safe, if any?

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks you very much for the guide. It worked and I am now running my ATIV SE with WP10. The instructions were great and you deserve a beer or three for the effort and quality of the guide. :) :)

Thank you for the kind words! I'm just happy to help my fellow WP users! Cheers!

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
First of all, a tremendous thank you to all of those who did the heavy lifting in figuring out how to get W10 on the SE, which Asellite so graciously constructed into a thorough and easy to follow guide through the process. I purchased an SE on eBay shortly after switching to Verizon from a regional carrier that didn't support any Windows devices, and I was becoming quite disheartened at the prospect that it might never see W10. Now, to finish the process, I need your help.

*Copied from my post on Asellite's "Complete Guide" thread*
I've run into a snag and need to know if it's okay to proceed. I followed the steps to the letter, went to the insider app, applied for fast ring, then went to install updates and, instead of getting windows 10, I'm seeing an update for 8.10.14219.341. I can't retry the Insider update without installing the 8.10.14219 update, or else resetting the device and trying again. Which of these options would be safe, if any?

Gave my opinion on this in the other thread, just so you know!

Warren Dean

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
So now that my ATIV SE is running WP10 flawlessly, I am going to ask a perhaps silly question.

Is the LG Lancet able to be upgraded in the same way? Is the processor and chip architecture the same as any Nokia models in the queue for upgrade?

I want to get my wife on WP10 and she really likes the Lancet form factor.

Cheers!
Warren

Kevin Houle1

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
So now that my ATIV SE is running WP10 flawlessly, I am going to ask a perhaps silly question.

Is the LG Lancet able to be upgraded in the same way? Is the processor and chip architecture the same as any Nokia models in the queue for upgrade?

I want to get my wife on WP10 and she really likes the Lancet form factor.

Cheers!

Warren

Does it actually run flawlessly? No issues at all?

asellite

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I've definitely had zero issues....Phone runs like a charm

So glad to hear it. No, I'm not convinced the same process would end well for the lancet. There's a solid chance it could brick your phone. If I were you I'd see about picking her up a 640 if you guys are on GSM. If you're on CDMA, the ATIV SE can be had for like $70 these days!

Hayes Cooper19

May 27, 2014
Visit site
If you're on CDMA, the ATIV SE can be had for like $70 these days!
THIS. For anyone who wants a windows phone and doesn't need the latest and greatest, there's insane value out there on eBay/Swappa/etc. I bought an Ativ SE back in August on eBay, for which I paid $120 NEW. I had left a Verizon store earlier that day where I bought a Lumia 735, which they sell for 200. The 735 is a great device, but when you compare it's specs to the Ativ SE, given the price, it's embarrassing. The only difference was that the Ativ was stuck in Samsung/Verizon purgatory, which the folks of this forum have rectified.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 on Ativ SE (10586)

So seeing as the "Shipping" version of Windows 10 Mobile (10586) was just pushed out today, I'm curious if any ATIV SE users will be upgrading to this release, and if so what their experiences are.

It sounds like 10581 was pretty smooth for all that tried it, and if this shipping release is even better, I think I'm going to dive in. Any and all info from those updating is truly appreciated :)

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo