02-18-2015 10:29 PM
36 12
tools
    So my your saying my 920 can't do this then?

Attachment 96575

As it doesn't have a full HD screen or as you put it a HD screen (it has a 1280 x 768 resolution) .

Please don't spread fud, MS enabled the three columns with the 8.1 update via an option under start + themes for devices with less than 5".

Here is an extract from the article below "it turns out that all Windows Phones will indeed get three-column support for Live Tiles". Yes initially you would have needed to do a reg hack on the Ativ S prior to the update to enable the three columns.

Video of three column support on older devices with Windows Phone 8.1

Extract from the above video "it was so popular we decided to bring this feature to all screen sizes, so now with windows phone 8.1 any user can turn on this enhanced layout providing an expanded canvas to express their individuality".
    Maybe you missed this part of my quote:

"I may be incorrect but I believe only HD displays are capable of this, not 720p."

I'm man enough to admit a mistake when I'm clearly wrong. But I did preface correctly that I wasn't sure.
    02-12-2015 06:26 PM
    Since Nokia is not longer making phones....will my next phone be a Samsung running Windows 10?
    02-12-2015 07:52 PM
    I had a Samsung Focus and liked it, but I know that mine and two others had problems where the power switch started to fail. apparently that was very common. My dad had a Focus S, which seemed to have noticeably higher built quality, so Samsung didn't build bad phones.
    Yeah I had the power button issue and mine eventually crapped out, but it may have been due to a unstable rom that i flashed. It wont even power up anymore *sad panda*
    02-13-2015 11:55 PM
    Simple way to check if this is a SE of S.
    The Ativ SE has not got a camera button on the side while the Ativ S does have one.

It is hardly to see on this picture, but this one is the Ativ S.

Samsung ATIV SE for Verizon, all you need to know!
    02-14-2015 02:00 AM
    Simple way to check if this is a SE of S.
    The Ativ SE has not got a camera button on the side while the Ativ S does have one.

It is hardly to see on this picture, but this one is the Ativ S.

Samsung ATIV SE for Verizon, all you need to know!
    Hardly to see? Samsung Ativ S has Samsung logo on the front, Samsung Ativ SE has the Verizon logo on the front ;)
    02-14-2015 04:36 PM
    Maybe you missed this part of my quote:

"I may be incorrect but I believe only HD displays are capable of this, not 720p."

I'm man enough to admit a mistake when I'm clearly wrong. But I did preface correctly that I wasn't sure.
    Actually I didn't, I appologise sorta lost my cool there had a beyond extremely crappy day and that just tipped me right over.
    02-14-2015 08:06 PM
    Actually I didn't, I appologise sorta lost my cool there had a beyond extremely crappy day and that just tipped me right over.
    No harm, no foul. We cool.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    02-14-2015 08:18 PM
    Support, like all Samsung Wp, is **** poor. You can't even run the Preview for Developers on it successfully (lots of bugs, for me I would have to soft reset after every phone call because it would freeze).
    Verizon (or anyone else) hasn't even mentioned it regarding an update. So you'd have to be content with WP8 and maybe forget ever getting 8.1 much less 8.1.1 or 8.1.2.
    Also, like every Samsung I've ever had, its a flimsy built device.
    02-18-2015 12:53 AM
    Support, like all Samsung Wp, is **** poor. You can't even run the Preview for Developers on it successfully (lots of bugs, for me I would have to soft reset after every phone call because it would freeze).
    Verizon (or anyone else) hasn't even mentioned it regarding an update. So you'd have to be content with WP8 and maybe forget ever getting 8.1 much less 8.1.1 or 8.1.2.
    Haven't used the SE but have to say, my Ativ S has been a wonderful phone. Regarding its build...have used it almost 2 years and it is still in great shape. Dev Preview worked with the exception of the camera bug. Prior to 8.1, I got regular OS, Samsung apps and firmware updates. The lack of support for the SE has more to do with Verizon,I think, than Samsung. Didn't the Ativ S Neo get 8.1? Recently purchased a Lumia 930(which I am enjoying) but I miss the physical home button and light weight of my Ativ. The "cheap build" accusations about Samsung are nonsense.
    neo158 and fatclue_98 like this.
    02-18-2015 08:01 AM
    So because YOU had a bad experience then it WILL be the same for everyone else. FYI my ATIV S has had zero problems in the entire time I've had it, oh and I should mention it IS running WP8.1.1 with the Samsung firmware update. The only issue I encountered with the PfD was the camera bug which affected every ATIV S that the PfD was installed on. Flimsy build quality, something tells me that you've never used a Samsung WP otherwise you'd realise that is just nonsense spouted by Lumia Fanboys!!!!
    fatclue_98 and mary beth hale like this.
    02-18-2015 12:05 PM
    ^^ I've had the S Neo and the SE. My wife currently has a Neo with the official AT&T 8.1 on it. I can't say anything bad about any of them. If the SE was available on Ma Bell, I would not have a 1520.
    Sent from my big *** Lumia 1520
    neo158 and mary beth hale like this.
    02-18-2015 10:29 PM
36 12