02-17-2015 09:48 AM
    They might finally be getting ready to support WP devices now that they have settled their lawsuit with MSFT.
    robnhl and mary beth hale like this.
    02-17-2015 10:31 AM
    Yup. At this point it seems the ball is in VZW's court.
    02-17-2015 10:41 AM
    This gives me hope...
    robnhl likes this.
    02-17-2015 02:41 PM
    This gives me hope...
    No kidding. Every time NewsBlur shows a new story in the WC thread I jump to look for news of the 8.1 update. Always disappointed. But at least there is still hope.
    02-17-2015 03:16 PM
    No kidding. Every time NewsBlur shows a new story in the WC thread I jump to look for news of the 8.1 update. Always disappointed. But at least there is still hope.
    I check every day for news about Ativ SE. I like this phone so much, that I even consider to buy a second one on Ebay for if this one ever gets broken ๐Ÿ˜ƒ but I want to be sure 8.1 is coming and that it is w10 ready...
    I think I'm the only one in Netherlands who owns an Ativ SE ๐Ÿ˜†
    02-17-2015 03:46 PM
    so for fun i decided to ask Verizon with a chat and it went better than i anticipated as you generally just get a run around. here is the conversion:

Me: i purchased a Samsung ATIV SE Windows phone expecting it would be running the software version 8.1 and it is still running an outdated Windows 8 not 8.1
    Me: the Samsung website has the Verizon guide for 8.1 you can see here
    (posted link to PDF for her)
    Me: how do i get this updated ?
    Megan: Hi! I can definitely help out with the software to ensure we get it updated!
    Megan: I am getting your account pulled up now and we'll go from there!
    Me: OK and i have checked for an update and it says i am up to date but ALL the other modern Windows phones on the other carriers have been on 8.1 for some time
    Megan: I am doing some research on my end to verify the latest release they have approved on our end. The info is not very clear so I think you for your patience!
    Me: ok thanks
    Megan: I can clearly see that the update was released by Microsoft some time ago and there are a number of posts here internally inquiring about when it will be approved and released but as of yet no official date for when it will be pushed out on the Verizon model.
    Megan: I have looked just about everywhere on this end and I wish that I had more data for you on when or why it's delayed but nothing aside from it still being tested has been posted by the update team
    Me: so it is coming then because if it wasnt i would look to return it
    Megan: The Nokia Windows phone were done recently here in December so I would assume the ATIV devices will be next for the Windows updates. Yes, it will definitely be updated, it's just a matter of when
    Me: ok thanks for your time
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-18-2015 09:05 PM
    Well...thats progress at least.
    02-19-2015 03:54 PM