8.1 Update Released for ATIV SE !!!

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon confirms 8.1 Update Released for ATIV SE TODAY!!!

I read somewhere (I think Verizon's Community Forums) that it's going out 1000 at a time. Shouldn't be long considering their laggard sales. Thanks Verizon for keeping such an awesome device more hidden than Waldo.

when i was on the phone with tech support and they said it was rolling out in stages we had a laugh when i said " well i understand with my Note 3 and other Android devices it takes a few days but i would think that just one of those update groups over days for Note devices should cover entire owner group of ATIV" haha anyway looking forward to it getting around to me

Andy Belanger

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I got this phone in April of last year, and quickly installed the developer preview for 8.1. I've been living with a buggy phone for almost a year, now. I just hope the new firmware solves all of the issues that my wife and I have been having (especially the screen lockups, and camera resets). She has been wanting to ditch this phone for several months, and I've been saying "just wait for the update". Now I have to decide if I'm brave enough to tempt fate, again, with the Windows Phone 10 developer preview! If anyone else tries this first, please post about it. I don't think I will, but I hear there's an "uninstall" option for 10, that is not in 8.1.

It's ABOUT TIME, VERIZON!!!

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

a question for the Windows folks here since i have been Android for the last few years.

from my reading it appears that Windows 8.1 has had several updates like v1, v2, v3 or whatever it is called and so if this is the case and apparently Verizon has had this 8.1 for some time then is it possible we get 8.1 today/tomorrow and its still old?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

a question for the Windows folks here since i have been Android for the last few years.

from my reading it appears that Windows 8.1 has had several updates like v1, v2, v3 or whatever it is called and so if this is the case and apparently Verizon has had this 8.1 for some time then is it possible we get 8.1 today/tomorrow and its still old?

Windows Phone 8.1 has had one Update, titled Update 1. (8.1.1 if you will)

If Verizon's activity on the Nokia's are any indication, this release probably will leapfrog over 8.1.0 and go to 8.1 Update 1.

Update 2 exists, but hasn't been released or put into much detail yet.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Don't let the names like Cyan or Denim confuse you, those are firmware updates for the Lumia series only. The 8.1 update for the SE is the most up-to-date version for non-Lumias. While Lumias have some features, I'm envious of the IR blaster on the SE. So there.

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

If Verizon's activity on the Nokia's are any indication, this release probably will leapfrog over 8.1.0 and go to 8.1 Update 1.

thanks for the info

Don't let the names like Cyan or Denim confuse you, those are firmware updates for the Lumia series only. The 8.1 update for the SE is the most up-to-date version for non-Lumias. While Lumias have some features, I'm envious of the IR blaster on the SE. So there.

thanks and had seen Denim and stuff and wondered what it was. trying to read more about this OS

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I've used update 2 on a 640 and Kyocera device. So it exists and is called Update 2

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Update 8.1 thread

My Ativ SE is downloading now the 8.1 update :)
So happy!!!
I will be back soon after the installation and write about it.
Who else is updating now?

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Update 8.1 thread

Great you finally got it! That phone is a beast, really needed 8.1. Please report if Ativ Camera app is there, Ativ S user interested :)

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

i have the update as well and its updating as i type this. i was shocked though as it is 2MB and that is really small or at least i expected it to be larger.

i took screen shots of everything and will update OP with them a little later since work needs my attention at the moment.

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

@ Dusan; yes the Ativ Camera is here!!! It looks like the camera app as on the Samsung Galaxy devices.
And finally a background photo on my phone lol. Everything seems to work perfect and fast. Like it's a different phone! I will play all evening with my Ativ SE lol

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

@ Dusan; yes the Ativ Camera is here!!! It looks like the camera app as on the Samsung Galaxy devices.
And finally a background photo on my phone lol. Everything seems to work perfect and fast. Like it's a different phone! I will play all evening with my Ativ SE lol

Just so you don't report that your battery life seems less tomorrow. :-D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss