Any 8.1 firmware love for DP users yet?

jonthysell

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Still on 8.1 DP, still annoyed by the screen going unresponsive randomly. It's been particularly annoying lately as I've missed several calls since I couldn't hit answer.

Are the issues still present on the official 8.1? Any hope on getting those firmware updates without having to revert back to 8.0? Any better way to do the revert and not lose any app settings / saved games? Like, if I moved all my apps to the SD card, took it out, did the revert to 8.0 then official update then put my card back in, would I keep all those settings?

Lots of questions I know, but I seriously want this to be the best win phone.

vicu9mx

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Still on 8.1 DP, still annoyed by the screen going unresponsive randomly. It's been particularly annoying lately as I've missed several calls since I couldn't hit answer.
use a In-Ear Headset like The Sennheiser MM 30G

Are the issues still present on the official 8.1?
the new firmware solves all the problems

Any hope on getting those firmware updates without having to revert back to 8.0?
Nop, wait for the new firmware

Any better way to do the revert and not lose any app settings / saved games? Like, if I moved all my apps to the SD card, took it out, did the revert to 8.0 then official update then put my card back in, would I keep all those settings?
Nop, wait for the new firmware

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I discovered with the ATIV S (yes, different device, but hear me out), Samsung/my carrier didn't push out the firmware update separately. Their WP 8.1 update comes with firmware included; it's not a separate update.

The only way to get the firmware is to use either a third party utility with the proper ROMS and firmware to go back to WP 8 GDR3, or send it off to Samsung for repairs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/win...-how-to-flash-windows-phone-8-0-gdr3-t3044177

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs