The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-05-2016 10:16 PM
500 12345 ...
tools
    Thanks for the update Techru! Can you provide any feedback on Cortana? Do you use it at all? I want to confirm she still works fine through Car Audio Bluetooth for Hands-Free Texting, etc. Also, can you use or activate "Hey Cortana" on the ATIV SE since it's using the ICON Windows Rom?

Thanks in advance!
    I can't even see where the setting would be to turn it on, and I'm certainly no expert, but I wouldn't expect to be able to use it. What enables Hey Cortana is a firmware update, and I wouldn't hold my breath for that coming from Verizung. However, there may be folks smarter than I who can figure it out. After all, they got Windows 10 on the Ativ SE!
    12-08-2015 09:31 PM
    Hello; I need help. I just followed the procedure, it downloaded the update and installed and now it doesn't go pass blue window screen and it just restarts over and over.... Any chance that i can save this phone?. I don't know what to do now.

Thanks
    12-08-2015 09:38 PM
    I can't even see where the setting would be to turn it on, and I'm certainly no expert, but I wouldn't expect to be able to use it. What enables Hey Cortana is a firmware update, and I wouldn't hold my breath for that coming from Verizung. However, there may be folks smarter than I who can figure it out. After all, they got Windows 10 on the Ativ SE!
    Hey Hayes! Yeah, I think it's a firmware (& Hardware limitation as well) but figured it was worth asking. There is a link here on how to make it work for the ICON:

How to fix Hey Cortana on the Lumia 1520 and Lumia 930 with Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central

Do you have any feedback on Cortana over Bluetooth for hands-free operation & texting? (Apologies if I've asked you that directly before.)
    12-08-2015 09:54 PM
    You may not have started with a blank 8.1.1 install. If you had WfD or Win Insider installed, you would have needed to do the hard reset and then let all the standard apps update before proceeding.

To recover your phone, you will need to do a hard reset to get into "download" mode and root your phone back to Win 8.0 and then start all over again.
    12-08-2015 10:25 PM
    Puck,
    Sorry I don't use that feature, and like it was mentioned, I don't know that Hey Cortana works without a firmware update. Regular Cortana and voice recognition do work once you start her up.
    12-08-2015 10:28 PM
    Just a heads up, the newer versions of Win10 are complete cabs; we can do Hard Resets now on Windows 10. Just tested on 10586. Also, putting together an interop tutorial if anyone's interested.
    Williaml99 and PuckCowboy like this.
    12-09-2015 06:19 AM
    Yes, would like to do hard reset.
    12-09-2015 06:34 AM
    Just a heads up, the newer versions of Win10 are complete cabs; we can do Hard Resets now on Windows 10. Just tested on 10586. Also, putting together an interop tutorial if anyone's interested.
    Thanks Jeemo, but what do you mean by "Interop"?
    12-09-2015 09:19 AM
    Hi. Thabks for this great work. I have a few questions before decide to install that on my ativ se. First is, the samsung apps how ativ camera, etc are working? Is this stable for using on my ativ se how first phone? Is possible to go again to 8.1?
    Please reply me, if this is possibe, i will try it
    12-09-2015 03:46 PM
    I' managed to downgrade the phone to 8.0 and now going through the process again... Just modified the "phone manufacturer" & the "phone manufacturerproductname"; but when I check in settings "about" ; the information says "Model: Nokia SM-W750", I don't see anywhere the RM-927 that I modified in the registry. Is this normal??
    12-09-2015 11:29 PM
    Hello; I need help. I just followed the procedure, it downloaded the update and installed and now it doesn't go pass blue window screen and it just restarts over and over.... Any chance that i can save this phone?. I don't know what to do now.

Thanks
    The same thing happened to me. I just flashed back to 8.0, went through all of the updates again, and tried again. It worked the second time around. The only thing I did differently the second time was to do the factory reset from the menus instead of at power up. I don't think that that was the reason it worked the second time, though.
    12-10-2015 09:01 AM
    If this means we can enable tethering, them I'm definitely interested in interop unlock.
    12-10-2015 09:03 AM
    If this means we can enable tethering, them I'm definitely interested in interop unlock.
    Does tethering not yet work on WM10 with the ATIV SE? If not, that's a huge deal breaker for me :(
    12-10-2015 09:19 AM
    Does tethering not yet work on WM10 with the ATIV SE? If not, that's a huge deal breaker for me :(
    What I meant by "tethering" was enabling wireless internet sharing without carrier approval. I assume it works just fine if you've purchased the option.
    12-10-2015 11:36 AM
    What I meant by "tethering" was enabling wireless internet sharing without carrier approval. I assume it works just fine if you've purchased the option.
    Ahhh, gotcha! Wi-Fi Tethering is part of the Shared Data Family plan I'm on with Verizon. So if it's working with 8.1, I assume it will work with 10?
    12-10-2015 11:40 AM
    Ahhh, gotcha! Wi-Fi Tethering is part of the Shared Data Family plan I'm on with Verizon. So if it's working with 8.1, I assume it will work with 10?
    Can't you guys use that registry hack to enable wifi tethering anyways? Thats what I did. :)
    12-10-2015 11:59 AM
    Can't you guys use that registry hack to enable wifi tethering anyways? Thats what I did. :)
    I personally don't know since I haven't done the upgrade yet. I did just buy a Like New ATIV SE on eBay for $50 as a test device before blowing up my 8.1 setup on my current ATIV SE. Will try it on that before making the switch over... if at all.
    12-10-2015 12:07 PM
    I just got my SE upgraded to W10, and I won't start using it full time until I get a case and the Straight Talk BYOP kit. I haven't had a chance to dig any deeper than stock Windows 10 yet.
    12-10-2015 03:53 PM
    I did the hard reset and ok so far. Now of course my model is no longer Icon but ATIV-SE so no more windows insider loads until I can again change the model with the registry editor. I may hold of on that for a while until someone more knowledgeable than myself speaks to this.
    Thanks
    Bill
    12-10-2015 05:10 PM
    In response to chuy10:

Yes, that is normal. While you are connected to your PC and doing the regedit, you should be able to go back to the two parts that are changed in this process and see that it has "taken." If it still has the old reg settings, so it again. If it shows the changes, then go on to the next step in the process outlined by the guide. You are OK...keep going ;-)
    Last edited by Techru; 12-10-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: hit reply, not quote.
    12-10-2015 06:01 PM
    I'm not promising this works on the SE because I don't have one right now but on the Verizon M8 registry changes are infinitely easier. Once you have 10 installed, put it into developer mode (settings>update & security>for developers) and sideload "RootTools.xap". This has registry editors for all types of Windows phones including a dedicated Samsung editor. It's a little rudimentary because you have to input the paths manually but it works. I haven't had any success with the patched PfD on 10.
    12-11-2015 10:58 AM
    It worked, thank you for your help!!!
    12-11-2015 11:39 AM
    It worked, thank you for your help!!!
    No problem...others here are the ones who really get the credit.
    12-11-2015 05:14 PM
    Yea, RootTool V2 works perfectly on the Ativ SE, and it'll work on any Windows 10 phone currently out.
    Williaml99 likes this.
    12-12-2015 10:36 AM
    Thanks for the guide to all involved! I managed to get this upgraded finally. I ran into a few issues where the registry entries wouldn't save. A few retries of closing and reopening the app and I realised that changes were being saved, but the message was saying otherwise (file not saved :( ). My only major issue now is that I can't seem to charge my phone. It's always very hot and after an over night charge it barely hits 20% charge. Nothing running as far as I can see. Any ideas how I can check what's killing the battery?
    12-12-2015 06:30 PM
500 12345 ...