10-05-2016 10:16 PM
500 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Thanks for the guide to all involved! I managed to get this upgraded finally. I ran into a few issues where the registry entries wouldn't save. A few retries of closing and reopening the app and I realised that changes were being saved, but the message was saying otherwise (file not saved :( ). My only major issue now is that I can't seem to charge my phone. It's always very hot and after an over night charge it barely hits 20% charge. Nothing running as far as I can see. Any ideas how I can check what's killing the battery?
    THat happened to me as well, but it only happened while all the apps were restoring/updating. Afterwards it was back to normal
    12-13-2015 11:29 AM
    The SE will get hot while updating or app restoring. But during normal usage, it's like any other device.

Sent from Acer One 10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-13-2015 12:58 PM
    Great job!!!

Just a concern, after downloading 10.0.10586.29 version; , phone reboots trying to install the update, the gears appears but in 10 seconds phone continues booting OS, a then this message: "can't update phone" try again, settings > phone update. 0x800736b5.

Thanks for your kindly support
    12-13-2015 09:17 PM
    THat happened to me as well, but it only happened while all the apps were restoring/updating. Afterwards it was back to normal
    The SE will get hot while updating or app restoring. But during normal usage, it's like any other device.

Sent from Acer One 10
    Unfortunately this isn't the case for me. It is still very hot all the time and my battery lasts just over around 85% charge (which takes forever to get there). It has been this way for a few days now. I have switched off NFC, Bluetooth, Location etc and I have even soft reset the phone a bunch of times, but it hasn't helped. When I look at what has been consuming the battery the top 2 thing are display and settings. I have had my display on auto and on 10% but there hasn't really been any real difference. Any other suggestions?
    12-14-2015 02:26 AM
    Unfortunately this isn't the case for me. It is still very hot all the time and my battery lasts just over around 85% charge (which takes forever to get there). It has been this way for a few days now. I have switched off NFC, Bluetooth, Location etc and I have even soft reset the phone a bunch of times, but it hasn't helped. When I look at what has been consuming the battery the top 2 thing are display and settings. I have had my display on auto and on 10% but there hasn't really been any real difference. Any other suggestions?
    I guess I spoke too soon because now while mine isn't taking long to charge it's definitely running hot now. I don't know whats up. And that's since the hard reset.
    12-14-2015 07:52 AM
    I guess I spoke too soon because now while mine isn't taking long to charge it's definitely running hot now. I don't know whats up. And that's since the hard reset.
    I dropped a feedback note regarding the battery use and noticed there are many reports on the battery issue and the heat of the phone. We are not the only ones there. Hopefully there is something we can do as I also unfortunately did a hard reset.

Does anybody after if after a hard reset and sideloading RootTool V2, one can get back on track for preview builds by just changing the 2 entries listed in the guide on p1?
    12-15-2015 12:58 AM
    I dropped a feedback note regarding the battery use and noticed there are many reports on the battery issue and the heat of the phone. We are not the only ones there. Hopefully there is something we can do as I also unfortunately did a hard reset.

Does anybody after if after a hard reset and sideloading RootTool V2, one can get back on track for preview builds by just changing the 2 entries listed in the guide on p1?

Registry edits do not survive hard resets. Gotta start from scratch.
    12-15-2015 10:32 AM
    Registry edits do not survive hard resets. Gotta start from scratch.
    Thanks for the reply. When you say from scratch do you mean 8->8.1.1->10 preview? Or just making the registry changes to phoneManufacturer and phoneManufacturerModel as per the guide in the last step, which specifically mentions the registry edits?
    12-15-2015 08:16 PM
    I am fighting so hard not to roll back to 8.1. I love the W10M interface and how smoothly it runs but gosh, the battery life and the constant need to reinstall apps because they refuse to open is killing me ugh!
    12-16-2015 02:31 AM
    I am fighting so hard not to roll back to 8.1. I love the W10M interface and how smoothly it runs but gosh, the battery life and the constant need to reinstall apps because they refuse to open is killing me ugh!
    That's really a bummer to hear. I heard MS pulled the10586.29 build from their regular servers due to installation issues. I'm wondering if while they are fixing those issue, they might incorporate a few more fixes when they re-release it. Someone else on the boards mentioned a new build was possibly coming this week to Insiders.

Anyone having similar issues of having to reinstall apps?
    12-16-2015 09:23 AM
    That's really a bummer to hear. I heard MS pulled the10586.29 build from their regular servers due to installation issues. I'm wondering if while they are fixing those issue, they might incorporate a few more fixes when they re-release it. Someone else on the boards mentioned a new build was possibly coming this week to Insiders.

Anyone having similar issues of having to reinstall apps?
    As I read blitz's post, it felt like I was reading my own. I'm getting horrible battery life, even LTE disabled when WiFi, and I run into at least one app per day that I have to reinstall. Last night, it was 3. The app starts to open, then screen freezes mid-animation and I'm left staring at my background wallpaper and, if I had the app in a folder, my folder name. And it's always an 8.1 app for me. The apps actually designed for W10 never run into this issue.
    12-16-2015 09:40 AM
    As I read blitz's post, it felt like I was reading my own. I'm getting horrible battery life, even LTE disabled when WiFi, and I run into at least one app per day that I have to reinstall. Last night, it was 3. The app starts to open, then screen freezes mid-animation and I'm left staring at my background wallpaper and, if I had the app in a folder, my folder name. And it's always an 8.1 app for me. The apps actually designed for W10 never run into this issue.
    You're right it's always a wp8.1 app.
    The w10M apps Tun pretty smooth, they even launch quickly without that dreaded 'loading' screen. I'm actually impressed with those apps. I'm also impressed with the number of UW apps being launched
    12-16-2015 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply. When you say from scratch do you mean 8->8.1.1->10 preview? Or just making the registry changes to phoneManufacturer and phoneManufacturerModel as per the guide in the last step, which specifically mentions the registry edits?
    Whatever you're on. If you're on 10, you'll have the opportunity to log in and restore from a backup or start fresh. I personally recommend a fresh install and spend a few extra minutes downloading your apps. A hard reset will never downgrade your OS. You have to flash via Windows Recovery Tool or in Samsung's case, Odin.
    12-16-2015 05:27 PM
    You're right it's always a wp8.1 app.
    The w10M apps Tun pretty smooth, they even launch quickly without that dreaded 'loading' screen. I'm actually impressed with those apps. I'm also impressed with the number of UW apps being launched
    I concur. The universal apps I've used (Pandora and iHeartRadio are the only two that jump to mind) have been very impressive. If I never again see that blasted "loading/resuming" screen it'll be too soon.
    12-16-2015 06:26 PM
    I've got win 10 working on my Ativ SE. But it came from Verizon and the APN is locked. any clues , i can add a new apn but it doesnt save :(
    12-16-2015 09:26 PM
    Hmmm... I didn't have any trouble creating and saving a new APN after I installed W10. What SIM card do you have?
    12-17-2015 10:57 AM
    Now is there anyway to change bk the resgistry information after a hard reset?
    12-17-2015 03:51 PM
    Looks like a new mobile build is out today (.36) and will be the last of the year. I just got my backup ATIV SE and will finally throw throw WM10 it on later today.

Interested to hear what others experiences are with the new build. Merry Christmas!
    djblitz likes this.
    12-17-2015 04:03 PM
    Tbh I think if I cant upgrade I might just leave it as is, because after looking at the things i need to do to roll back :/ sigh :(
    12-17-2015 04:08 PM
    Was able to change it! Downloading the update now :)
    12-17-2015 05:28 PM
    Its an australian one - Amaysim which uses optus out here. if i put the sim in my ATIV S Neo it works fine. just this ativ se doesn't show anything under mobile & sim
    12-17-2015 07:52 PM
    Whoa.. So, what I'm hearing is that we can hard reset, get back to the Ativ SE registry entries that will improve device performance, then change the registry again when it comes time to download an update without flashing back to WP8 and starting from scratch? If so, that's awesome!
    12-17-2015 08:36 PM
    Did you use RootTool V2 to change the settings? How is the battery on .36?

I unfortunately already gave up and went back to 8.1.1 - I had it on charge on build .29 all night and it went from 9% to 16%. That was my ticket out.

I guess I will wait until a more stable build is up but I do miss W10 on the Ativ SE - really slick, smooth and quick overall.
    12-17-2015 08:42 PM
    Hope this isn't a stupid question, but where exactly do I find RootTool V2.xap? I can't seem to ind it online. Link? Any and all help is truly appreciated!
    12-18-2015 05:03 AM
    Hope this isn't a stupid question, but where exactly do I find RootTool V2.xap? I can't seem to ind it online. Link? Any and all help is truly appreciated!
    Google "roottool.xap"
    12-18-2015 08:27 AM
500 ... 23456 ...