The Complete Guide: Upgrading the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
My 8.1 battery was amazing. Even when I went back to 8.1 from 1w0 it was still amazing. Now that I am back to w10 for the 2nd time, I really don't know wth is going on. The only thing I can think of is something relating to the screen - at any point when I change the screen brightness, from automatic to 25%, to manually setting it at 19% and I switch off the screen, and then bring it back on - it's always very very bright. I have a feeling that is what's killing the battery - somehow it's not retaining the settings or it is, but for some reason it's always at max brightness. Any ideas would be appreciated.

To answer your question, I can't recall the exact settings for root tool, but basically it's explained earlier. I think when you launch it pick the registry editor for all phones and then:

Go TO
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (HKLM) -> SYSTEM -> Platform -> DeviceTargetingInfo

In there change:

"PhoneManufacturer" to "MicrosoftMDG"
and

"PhoneManufacturerModelName" to "RM-1104_1078"

That should do it for you.

Did it already. Dowloaded 45% of update n was out of the place where i had wifi. Tonight i will resume the download again.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery seems to be very good. I don't do a whole lot of web browsing so I can't say for sure about that. But, here are the settings for getting the same build I have. You will have to side load Root Tool V2 to change the registry to the following, if you haven't done so already.

Lumia 950
HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
"PhoneManufacturer"="MicrosoftMDG"
"PhoneManufacturerModelName"="RM-1104_1078"

You should then get the latest build for the Lumia 950. Let me know it goes.
For me using the 950 was one step too far. Very bad results after hard reset.
Had to go bback to 8.1. Could not sign in to store.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Battery is same i guess. Web browsing eats up a lot of battery. Apart from this tis update is verg much responsive

Yes Sabir; i'm finding my battery drains quicker than normal; seems like certain apps make the phone run hotter than normal, and drain more battery; i'm still trying to figure out which one's they are; which are running in the background etc. Overall i'm still very happy with this build.

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Yes Sabir; i'm finding my battery drains quicker than normal; seems like certain apps make the phone run hotter than normal, and drain more battery; i'm still trying to figure out which one's they are; which are running in the background etc. Overall i'm still very happy with this build.

As far as my observation goes i don't think it is the app that is eating up the battery. I think the radio file which looks up the cellular things is not 100% compatible with ativ se. That is why when using it on calls and internet it gets hot. And screen issue is also the one because only automatic settings works correctly manual don't. And these issues are same as they were on any other builds.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
As far as my observation goes i don't think it is the app that is eating up the battery. I think the radio file which looks up the cellular things is not 100% compatible with ativ se. That is why when using it on calls and internet it gets hot. And screen issue is also the one because only automatic settings works correctly manual don't. And these issues are same as they were on any other builds.

I put my SIM and SD cards back into my stock Lumia 830; updated to the same 14291 build, and updated all my apps; in 20 minutes, i went from 100% to 65% battery level. I think this battery drain issue is the OS build, not the phone...my 830 heated up just like the Ativ SE...

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I put my SIM and SD cards back into my stock Lumia 830; updated to the same 14291 build, and updated all my apps; in 20 minutes, i went from 100% to 65% battery level. I think this battery drain issue is the OS build, not the phone...my 830 heated up just like the Ativ SE...
That is what i m saying. Modem file in OS might be the issue. Because only cellular data eats this much battery.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

That is what i m saying. Modem file in OS might be the issue. Because only cellular data eats this much battery.

I don't get it, even on this build I'm not getting a horrible battery drain issue. I don't have issues with the phone getting hot nor a battery drain due to cellular look up. I don't use data that often but what I will do is use it today and let you guys know the outcome. I know before this build whenever I used data it drained the battery in such a way that I thought was normal, so we'll see. Bottom line, I don't have those issues. I wish I could help, but I don't know what to do because I'm not getting the same results as you guys.

To be continued......

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't get it, even on this build I'm not getting a horrible battery drain issue. I don't have issues with the phone getting hot nor a battery drain due to cellular look up. I don't use data that often but what I will do is use it today and let you guys know the outcome. I know before this build whenever I used data it drained the battery in such a way that I thought was normal, so we'll see. Bottom line, I don't have those issues. I wish I could help, but I don't know what to do because I'm not getting the same results as you guys.

To be continued......

Any update?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Any update?

I've gone back to my other Ativ SE because Redstone is running super hot, and draining battery big time; crazy fast. On my other phone, i've got it set up to be read as a 'NOKIA' 'RM-927'; i've checked the Insider 'Slow' ring; i'm running 10586.107, and it's super awesome! No battery drain yet; it's WAY cooler; i've only downloaded about 50 apps or so (not my full library), just to see it was maybe some of my apps that were causing the battery drain in Redstone. Very happy with this so far:)

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
How you can get Red Stone for Samsung Ativ Se my cell is not do update and just stack on 10586.164 I try with slow ring, fast ring and no work...thanks

Make sure you have set your registry to Lumia 950 specs. See earlier in this thread if you haven't done so to see how to do it. Then select Fast Ring. Should work.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

To be continued......

Hey guys, I finally tested out my battery levels today while using Data. Here's the breakdown:

1. 6:40 AM Unplugged phone from charger
2. 6:50 AM Opened Pandora and streamed music over Data for about an hour and a half
3. 8:30 AM Phone idle
4. 11:10 AM Played music with Groove Music for about an hour and a half
5. Did some email checking and some other insignificant things

Here's my battery level at 2:39 PM:
wp_ss_20160331_0001[1].jpg

Phone was used a bit after this

Here's my battery level at 11:35 PM
wp_ss_20160331_0002[1].jpg

As you can see, I certainly don't have battery issues, even when using data streaming music.

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I finally tested out my battery levels today while using Data. Here's the breakdown:

1. 6:40 AM Unplugged phone from charger
2. 6:50 AM Opened Pandora and streamed music over Data for about an hour and a half
3. 8:30 AM Phone idle
4. 11:10 AM Played music with Groove Music for about an hour and a half
5. Did some email checking and some other insignificant things

Here's my battery level at 2:39 PM:
View attachment 124544

Phone was used a bit after this

Here's my battery level at 11:35 PM
View attachment 124545

As you can see, I certainly don't have battery issues, even when using data streaming music.

Lucky you. I have issues too but not horrible. My battery lasts for half day with moderate usage. Yours is far from reachable for my mobile. One more thing, my cell gets hot down the camera while in continuos use or while using data services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb