The Complete Guide: Upgrading the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Alright, it's been a day. As a side note, I changed the registry to the Lumia 950 again. I am not receiving any updates past 10586. I can't get it to update to 14291 or any other build for that matter. I know the updates are to at least 14322. What gives? I don't know why my phone just stopped getting updates past 10586. Anyone have a clue on this matter?

UPDATE: Okay, I just realized the latest build is 14327 as of two days ago. Still not getting new builds.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Rmabwing, do tell us about those new batteries you ordered for the phone. And the link to them too. 5000 mah sounds positively yummy! O_O :D

-- W

AntiBillOS

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm also don't able to get last Redstone builds. I also downgrase to stock and now stuck at 8.1. Any idea? Maybe Microsoft cover this backdoor and now we not able use registry hack?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm also don't able to get last Redstone builds. I also downgrase to stock and now stuck at 8.1. Any idea? Maybe Microsoft cover this backdoor and now we not able use registry hack?

I actually got back to 10586 but for some reason can't get back to 14291, let alone the latest build 14327. I don't get it.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Tell us how they hold up when you receive them Rmabwing. :)

Also worth noting for everyone on here is that since the ATIV SE uses the same batteries as the S4, you are bound to get cheaper batteries if you purchase for the S4 model instead. :D However, my only qualm with these is if the amperage claims are legit on these, because you know, 5000 mAh in the same physical package as the OEM batteries leaves me wondering. Which is why your feedback on the issue is so vital to all of us on the fence about pulling this trigger. :) ^_^

I know I'd buy in a heartbeat if I knew the battery was actually even close to that advertised claim. :)

-- W

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Tell us how they hold up when you receive them Rmabwing. :)

Also worth noting for everyone on here is that since the ATIV SE uses the same batteries as the S4, you are bound to get cheaper batteries if you purchase for the S4 model instead. :D However, my only qualm with these is if the amperage claims are legit on these, because you know, 5000 mAh in the same physical package as the OEM batteries leaves me wondering. Which is why your feedback on the issue is so vital to all of us on the fence about pulling this trigger. :) ^_^

I know I'd buy in a heartbeat if I knew the battery was actually even close to that advertised claim. :)

-- W

I have the battery now and it seems to hold charge much longer than the OEM battery. It doesn't drain as quick and does not get hot at all. But, let me use it for about a week and I will update on it's quality then (length of charge under normal usage, etc.). Also, keep in mind, I'm stuck on build 10586 at the moment; that build doesn't seem to have the battery issues that build 14291 had. I am going to continue to get that build back; if I do I will update on battery life again. We'll see.....

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Waiting on your detailed findings on the battery then. And just wondering though, but if the battery lasts this long on WM10 10586, it should be positively Nokia 3310 on WP 8.1. Also, I seem to have forgotten altogether. But with the updates, we get tethering to work, yesh? :)

-- W

lekhwani

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Guys kindly tell me if its really worthwhile after upgrading through the method as suggested by op.

I mean are there any bugs or shortcomings which will make you want to go back to 8.1?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Guys kindly tell me if its really worthwhile after upgrading through the method as suggested by op.

I mean are there any bugs or shortcomings which will make you want to go back to 8.1?

I have had no real problems to speak of under Win10. The only trouble I'm having now is getting back to the latest build. Don't know what is causing that. The only reason I went back to 8.1 is because of this issue. But like I said, I'm back to Win10 build 10586 with no updates happening.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks like something was either changed in a different registry setting, or MS figured out a way to block out phones mimicking the registry settings.

I guess the first and easiest thing to find out is if someone on the newest Redstone build with a Lumia 950 could confirm what their current PhoneManufactuer and PhoneManufactuerModelName fields are showing as.

My build of 14291 is actually working absolutely smoothly with great battery life on my backup ATIV SE. Would like to get it up to date thought to see how newer builds treat it.

Any other thoughts or ideas on how to get the newest Redstone builds downloading again?

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I have had no real problems to speak of under Win10. The only trouble I'm having now is getting back to the latest build. Don't know what is causing that. The only reason I went back to 8.1 is because of this issue. But like I said, I'm back to Win10 build 10586 with no updates happening.

As i told earlier, I had data draining issue on .218 build. Yesterday i reset the phone from about option. Now that issue is solved and everything is back to normal. I don't think Redstone build is a good option for ativ se. Only registry of devices with same chipset should be used. I am happy to use this build and won't update unless there is another stable one.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried throwing the newly rolled out .242 release yet? Seems promising, though there arent many reviews of it in yet though from anyone/anywhere. :(

-- W

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Rmabwing, do tell us about those new batteries you ordered for the phone. And the link to them too. 5000 mah sounds positively yummy! O_O :D

-- W

The batteries are moderately better than OEM. They do last a while longer but unless you absolutely need a new battery, don't buy it just yet. Where the OEM Samsung battery lasted me for approximately two days this one lasts about three, give or take a few hours depending on what you are doing. It still drains quite fast when streaming music through Pandora. This happened with the OEM also. It also drains rapidly when downloading updates to apps and it gets somewhat hot. Can't recall if this happened with the OEM or not. Well, that is the jist of it. Would I recommend the battery I bought? Yes, but only if you need one. If not, save your money until you do.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried throwing the newly rolled out .242 release yet? Seems promising, though there arent many reviews of it in yet though from anyone/anywhere. :(

-- W

Okay, I am finally getting the .242 update. I did some reading and found out you need to be on the Release Preview not the Slow or Fast Rings. I am going to try the Fast Ring again after this update completes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss