The Complete Guide: Upgrading the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Okay, I am finally getting the .242 update. I did some reading and found out you need to be on the Release Preview not the Slow or Fast Rings. I am going to try the Fast Ring again after this update completes.

UPDATE: After updating to .242 I changed over to the Fast Ring but it still won't update past 10586.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, I get the impression now that we'll be restricted to the Threshold release only at this rate. Unless we can hack our way back into the Fast Release. And on that note, I guess a good Threshold is still better than nothing. But now that we've had a taste of a bit of Fast Ring, Threshold, and 8.1, whats the consensus on battery comparison. Is .242 beginning to reach the levels of 8.1 for anyone yet?

And thank you for the updates on the battery Bwing. I was wondering how they planned to stuff twice the battery into the same package. Guess I was right. A little bit atleast.

-- W

lekhwani

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I collected files from internet. And did as suggested by op.

my opinion:

Its really a highly refreshing change from 8.1.
I wanted the edge browser badly to stay on windows. I have it now.
Everything is faster and smoother. Eg whatsapp and fb much smoother now.
seems like a new phone with new system altogether.
Soundalive is still here under settings/extras. High five!! Am a bass head.😁

There is no point in going back. Its so much beautiful and advanced as compared to 8.1.

Last, cant thank op enough for this. Just google " windows 10 on ativ se" his is the first link. One doesn't have to research endlessly to install 10 on ativ se. High five again😁
thanks a lot to all who put together this wonderful piece of work.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had .242. installed on my SE for a couple of days, and don't like it. Notifications are mucked up now, I sometimes see the notification icon when there is nothing to be notified about, and when I do get a legit notification they often don't show up in the tray. REALLY annoying.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So is build .242 this good that few are complaining about it?

It's been quiet, for sure. I have had no issues with .242. It seems very stable and quick. My battery life is great and all apps work fine. I just wish I could get back to where I was before, build 14291, or beyond.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, would be nice to know if there were workarounds to getting back onto the faster rings, because that sort of tells us if we can stay on upgrades beyond the TH onto the RS when its released, or if this will be it for us. And yes, sure has been super quiet. I was quietly praying for someone to post besides myself just to be sure that this thread hasnt died out. :(

-- W

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Yes, would be nice to know if there were workarounds to getting back onto the faster rings, because that sort of tells us if we can stay on upgrades beyond the TH onto the RS when its released, or if this will be it for us. And yes, sure has been super quiet. I was quietly praying for someone to post besides myself just to be sure that this thread hasnt died out. :(

-- W

Yes it gets quiet always. By the way .318 update is out. Updated just not. It says improvements in battery department. Lets see what changes this one makes

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Tell us both your battery, performance, and stability, camera issues updates and review of the .318 update. Looking forward to it with my fingers crossed. Cross Atlantic phone deliveries just cant happen fast enough for me to get my hands on this myself already. :(

-- W

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Tell us both your battery, performance, and stability, camera issues updates and review of the .318 update. Looking forward to it with my fingers crossed. Cross Atlantic phone deliveries just cant happen fast enough for me to get my hands on this myself already. :(

-- W

Will do, give me about a week to test.

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

-- W

A fast look up is that battery department is very stable. No heating at all while moderate usage. My ativ se is active very normal as it was on 8.1. Only thing is stock camera app still do not work with flash on. I have this issue on every build so i use ativ camera. Else everything is good with the update. I will uodate with other details soon.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
A fast look up is that battery department is very stable. No heating at all while moderate usage. My ativ se is active very normal as it was on 8.1. Only thing is stock camera app still do not work with flash on. I have this issue on every build so i use ativ camera. Else everything is good with the update. I will uodate with other details soon.

I agree, the stock camera is junk on these phones. I took some very horrible pictures then switched back to ATIV Camera which takes great photos, imho. Certainly not an SLR but works tons better than stock.

Its me Abzee

May 12, 2016
Visit site
can somebody share the zip with me?
seems the path is invalid or zip has been removed..
this link is invalid "First things first -> Download this ZIP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo