The Complete Guide: Upgrading the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
does anyone have trouble recharging? For some reason, there are times when i'm recharging, and nothing happens. Half an hour later, i'm still stuck at the same 7%. Don't think it's my charger (i've rotated through 3 different ones); i've tried two batteries; sometimes when i plug in, i don't see or hear the normal 'sound/icon' indicating that i'm plugged in. Just wondering....is it the phone? The OS? what....

My ATIV SE has a finicky port too, sometimes I have to plug it in a second or a third time, to get it to talk back to the Charger. Have you considered the possibility of it being the port Darrel?

-- W

My wife's ATIV SE has had a troubled port since day one with Win 8.0. Mine just started happening within the last couple of weeks. Except for the huge problem I had going to Redstone a few weeks back (wouldn't charge at all under it), my belief is that the ports have issues with these phones. Most of the time plugging in once works but sometimes I have to plug it in a couple of times before it will charge. It's annoying to say the least.

- RW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My wife's ATIV SE has had a troubled port since day one with Win 8.0. Mine just started happening within the last couple of weeks. Except for the huge problem I had going to Redstone a few weeks back (wouldn't charge at all under it), my belief is that the ports have issues with these phones. Most of the time plugging in once works but sometimes I have to plug it in a couple of times before it will charge. It's annoying to say the least.

- RW

so i took a small pin and started gently poking around in the port, and to my surprise, a huge ball of lint came out! I couldn't see it before; it wasn't showing from the outside, but it was deeper inside. I'll see if cleaning this out this helps the connection....

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
so i rolled back to 8.1 on my other SE; then changed all my registry settings to Lumia...NOKIA... ICON....RM-927 etc, just i like i did before, but this time i didn't install Windows Insider, and i'm trying to see if i can get some sort of Win 10 update on this phone (without using the fast/slow insider rings). So far no luck; i'm not a Verizon customer; i live in Vancouver; not sure if that would have anything to do with it. I know Verizon has rolled out updates for the ICON; i'll keep trying to tweak things. I've tried the new Win 10 Upgrade Adviser; it kind of pauses half way through, then shows: WP_20160625_21_21_29_Pro.jpg

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
so i rolled back to 8.1 on my other SE; then changed all my registry settings to Lumia...NOKIA... ICON....RM-927 etc, just i like i did before, but this time i didn't install Windows Insider, and i'm trying to see if i can get some sort of Win 10 update on this phone (without using the fast/slow insider rings). So far no luck; i'm not a Verizon customer; i live in Vancouver; not sure if that would have anything to do with it. I know Verizon has rolled out updates for the ICON; i'll keep trying to tweak things. I've tried the new Win 10 Upgrade Adviser; it kind of pauses half way through, then shows: View attachment 127859

It might take a while to get updates. So wait for a day or two.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so in the spirit of good community love, I just borked up everything. :(

I was trying to do an update test, hard reset and all, through 8.1.1 to WM10 without the insiders because of the recently announced Icon update, since everybody was asking about it and I thought, sure, why not. Only, I cant get the device to register over the WP Dev Registration for 8.1 thats part of our tutorial here. And because of that, I cant deploy any XAPs to the phone either. Just fails to detect the phone over the Dev Registration. So far Ive tried over three USB ports and two cables, as an administrator and standard user. No luck. Any ideas or help from anyone here? Or should I just resign myself to living 8.1 now that my upgrade path seems to have been cut short, so I cant get back onto the right phone ID values anymore.

2016-06-26.png

-- W

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear this Werentucki; I remember having this problem way back; i had to keep restarting my computer and phone multiple times for it to work; i think i also tried using WPD 8.0, as well as 8.1; sometimes switching between the two would work. Good luck!

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I went through multiple OS restarts as well, both on my ATIV and my notebook Darrell. Didnt have any dice, or luck for that matter. :'(

And I really dont want to have this little baby stuck on WP8.1 for good now either. :( Sigh, shake my dumb head. :/

-- W

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
so i rolled back to 8.1 on my other SE; then changed all my registry settings to Lumia...NOKIA... ICON....RM-927 etc, just i like i did before, but this time i didn't install Windows Insider, and i'm trying to see if i can get some sort of Win 10 update on this phone (without using the fast/slow insider rings). So far no luck

You're using the wrong values. RM-927 is a GLOBAL variant of the Icon, not the Verizon-specific branding of the device. Try these values and let us know the result, please:

PhoneManufacturer to NOKIA

PhoneManufacturerModelName to RM-927_nam_vzw_100

PhoneModelName to "Lumia ICON"

PhoneHardwareVariant RM-927_nam_vzw_100

I went through multiple OS restarts as well, both on my ATIV and my notebook Darrell. Didnt have any dice, or luck for that matter. :'(

And I really dont want to have this little baby stuck on WP8.1 for good now either. :( Sigh, shake my dumb head. :/

-- W

I find this very hard to believe. Try another flash of 8.0 GDR3 as described in my tutorial. Did you do this before trying?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

-- W

You're using the wrong values. RM-927 is a GLOBAL variant of the Icon, not the Verizon-specific branding of the device. Try these values and let us know the result, please:

I find this very hard to believe. Try another flash of 8.0 GDR3 as described in my tutorial. Did you do this before trying?

Go to my new and improved thread on updating the ATIV SE to Win 10. Follow it explicitly but keep in mind, I left out the Verizon specific numbering mentioned by Jeemo so that those of us not with Verizon (I use Tracfone) don't have to worry about it. With that said, if the official release is pushed out by Verizon then you should use the values mentioned by Jeemo. I will update my thread to include the Verizon specifics for those on Verizon.

- RW

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep, it works great. The SE is just a clone of the Galaxy S4, so all of the S4 stuff works with it. You will need the charging base as well, I recommend a 3-coil as they are much less futzy about position.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Jeemo. Some good news: i used the info you shared, and got this: WP_20160629_17_11_02_Pro.jpg
The bad news: when i 'check for updates', it says my phone is up to date; the update is not recognized..

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Euell. Which charging base do you recommend?

- RW

Lot's of good choices, I don't have any specific one in particular (Just make sure it is a 3-coil) . I like the stand-type ones as opposed to the lay-flat style, since you can just drop the phone in without having to line it up.

Just find one on Amazon you like that has good reviews and you should be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos