The Complete Guide: Upgrading the Samsung Ativ SE to Windows 10 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
How's your take on how the device is doing so far Darrell? And anything special about all the RS hype youre starting to see on the ATIV yet, or not?

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
So far, haptic feedback does not work, no matter what amount of tricks or turds you pull at it. Vibration however, does still work, to a limited extent, as the motors are still good, obviously. :)

-- W

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
How's your take on how the device is doing so far Darrell? And anything special about all the RS hype youre starting to see on the ATIV yet, or not?

-- W

I think my phone's still settling down; syncing all my Groove library songs, and picture library. I keep having wifi issues: it says i'm connected but get the 'no internet' warning. I have to keep rebooting the phone, then my wifi is fine. This happens at various wifi locations, so i know it's not my home set-up. But...often, when i power down, the phone hangs on the 'goodbye' screen; i have to take the battery out to turn the thing off...oh well. Also, i've been using the Ativ Camera; after i take a pic, and want to look at it, it takes forever for it to appear. So...some things are still a bit wonky. On the bright side...everything else is awesome!!!!

Update: battery life is great! Wallet is great! But: still keep having wifi problems:
wp_ss_20160718_0001.jpg
Turning wifi off and back on again does not fix this; i have to restart...it happens on all the various wifi networks i use throughout the day....

Update: wifi now works fine after latest update to 14393.3

Battery life is unbelievably great!!!

Last edited:

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, seems like its going to be a few builds before it settles into the same stability as we've slowly, kind of gotten used to, on our ATIVs on the 105836 stream of builds.

-- W

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Help Please, I have followed these instructions to a "T" at least four times. This includes flashing back to 8.0 and upgrading to 8.1.1 twice now. I apply to Insider fast. My phone reboots. I go to settings, phone update, check for updates. I consistently get the same reply "Your phone is up to date". Under the "about" tab I have Name: ATIV SE; Model: NOKIA SM-W750V; Carrier: Verizon; Software: Windows Phone 8.1 update; Operating System Version: 8.10.14219.341. I will supply any other information If it will help. I have been trying to update this phone for over two weeks now. please help.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Help Please, I have followed these instructions to a "T" at least four times. This includes flashing back to 8.0 and upgrading to 8.1.1 twice now. I apply to Insider fast. My phone reboots. I go to settings, phone update, check for updates. I consistently get the same reply "Your phone is up to date". Under the "about" tab I have Name: ATIV SE; Model: NOKIA SM-W750V; Carrier: Verizon; Software: Windows Phone 8.1 update; Operating System Version: 8.10.14219.341. I will supply any other information If it will help. I have been trying to update this phone for over two weeks now. please help.

Go here and follow it precisely. You need to change more values in the registry than what is in this thread. Microsoft changed things a little while ago and the OP of this thread is MIA. If you want to upgrade to Redstone (14xxx) follow the steps in Jeemo's thread here and use Insider Fast (Ring). Other wise you can stick with Threshold (10586).

NOTE: Jeemo's thread is similar to mine but is less descriptive. It's still a great source to upgrade to Redstone, so I highly recommend it if you want to go that far with upgrades and don't need precise directions. If for any reason you get confused you can still get to Redstone using my thread and using Insider Fast instead of Insider Release Preview. Also note, if you go to Redstone, Microsoft also integrated Windows Insider into Win10 Mobile. This is not present in Threshold and has only been present in the last few or so Redstone builds. Once you get that far you can uninstall the Windows Insider App. Again, only with later versions of Redstone.

Let me know if you have anymore problems.

- RW

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
My Ativ-Se Verizon will not update. I have went thru this guide precisely. I have gone thru the other guide on windows central precisely at least 4 times including re flashing back to 8.0 twice. I have tried using "RM-927" with no luck. I then tried using "RM-927_nam_vzw_100" in the appropriate places since I am on Verizon service. When I check for updates my phone continuously says "your phone is up to date". Any advice will be appreciated

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I located a screen shot of user shantahan’s ICON. I plugged in the following values, rebooted, and bam my verizon Ativ-se found the updates.
PhoneHardwareVarient: RM-927
PhoneManufacturer: NOKIA
PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-927_nam_vzw_100
PhoneModelName: Lumia 929
screenshot-3-.png

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I located a screen shot of user shantahan’s ICON. I plugged in the following values, rebooted, and bam my verizon Ativ-se found the updates.
PhoneHardwareVarient: RM-927
PhoneManufacturer: NOKIA
PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-927_nam_vzw_100
PhoneModelName: Lumia 929
screenshot-3-.png

Which update u r talking about? Insider windows 10 or windows 10 for lumia icon that was recently released?

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't know the difference.
I am on 10.0.14393.5. I do know I have had no issues as of right now. All seems to work well.

It is insider release. I m downloading it right now. My ativ se starts heating dramatically while using it for long time(for more than half an hour). Will see if redstone build changes something.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Check the other couple of WM10 threads here BATTAT, theres a lot of us frustrated folks trying to work this stuff out somehow. Looking into those things might help you with it a bit. And if you have any success with it, well, everyone gets helped along the way friend. :)

-- W

Sabir Nadaf

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
It is insider release. I m downloading it right now. My ativ se starts heating dramatically while using it for long time(for more than half an hour). Will see if redstone build changes something.

This update is way better than 10586. Working super smooth with just bluetooth sometimes not working. Battery management is way better. Less heat and better backup than before. Hope this will be good forever because after 2-3 days it is again to same issues like on .10586

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't know the difference.
I am on 10.0.14393.5. I do know I have had no issues as of right now. All seems to work well.

I'm using this build now; everything is great, but now the Store is acting up; buggy:(
wp_ss_20160809_0002.jpg

Store is really wonky; 'My Library' does not show all my apps. Searching the store for 'Flixster' shows nothing; I have to go to my old phone and 'share' the app with myself so that I can install it. IMDb store search shows nothing; I go to my old phone and 'share' the app; the link in the app store shows up, but it won't let me download/install it. Kind of a mess....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett