Can Samsung Ativ SE be upgraded to windows 10 via Windows insider app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello everybody,
I was considering to buy the Samsung ATIV SE 16gb because it is available for dirt cheap(considering it has SD800 and 2gb RAM) on eBay in INDIA, so I wanted to know if this phone can upgraded to Windows 10 mobile through windows insider program. I know it can be done through registry edit or something like that but I can't do that also I don't want to!
Thanks.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks,
I just ordered the Lumia 650(by the way it is badass in looks) it will arrive tomorrow, it will get the redstone builds, originally i thought lumia 640 xl will do just fine then i thought why not the 650, surely I can sacrifice a compass sensor for the looks!:winktongue:

Lol I feel ya :D Mind dropping us a mini review after you've had it for a few days?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
then how can we kill it because it has the hardware to handle the win10m builds, right?

Because while it is more than capable from a raw horsepower standpoint, Windows 10 Mobile is not tuned to the ATIV nor does it have firmware tuned to take 10 Mobile as perfectly as it could.

Things might go wrong like the camera and OS not being able to talk to each other or W10M bugging out from seeing hardware it didn't anticipate. Although it would probably work.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
It works as per the settings for the 930, the 1520, and even the 950. The OS versions pushed out for those do talk to the ATIV SE. But like you said, they do niggle and they do wiggle, a little. And some people do great, and others not so great. So all in all, a great question of YMMV. :)

-- W

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Agreed and adding this.. With the hack you will only make it to build 14295. The RS builds aren't going to be an option for you. All non-supported phones (those that aren't getting w10m officially) go into a bootloop when trying to update to the last two 143xx builds.

If you want to "use the fake ID" trick, you could get to build 218, which is working fine :)

wp_ss_20160429_0001.jpg
My phone is running awesome! No problems at all; great phone! Like it much better than my Lumia 830...

Brad Herr

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just thought I'd chime in here and mention that new Insider Fast releases seem to be working again. I have my Ativ SE on 14342.1001 using the registry hack trick. Phone is constantly hot, and battery life is atrocious, so I can't recommend, but it's just my backup phone at this point anyway, so it's nice for me to be able to continue checking out the new builds while I wait for something great to come out.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd chime in here and mention that new Insider Fast releases seem to be working again. I have my Ativ SE on 14342.1001 using the registry hack trick. Phone is constantly hot, and battery life is atrocious, so I can't recommend, but it's just my backup phone at this point anyway, so it's nice for me to be able to continue checking out the new builds while I wait for something great to come out.

Hey Brad, may I ask what your exact settings are?

I'm using MicrosoftMDG / RM-1104_1078 on my backup ATIV SE also, and I'm still stuck on 14291.1001. I tried Fast Ring, but it keeps showing phone is up to date.

If you could provide more info, or a mini-guide on the settings you used for Root Tool, it would be truly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Once you get to W10M... Your updates to the OS will come as WaaS updates. Windows as a Service will push OTA to any capable device. Carriers and OEMs are still responsible for Firmware and neither Ativ nor One (M8) would be expecting any new Firmware at this point. But WaaS will deliver your OS features, bug fixes and patches at the same time as any other model. With the limit being only those updates to Threshold would apply. No upgrade to Redstone builds would be possible.

So is this as far as i can go?wp_ss_20160528_0001.jpg

Now working with this; runs solid; battery life is ok. Not hot. wp_ss_20160602_0001.jpg

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When did that become available? Since I've owned my Ativ SE I've never been able to reset it via wdrt.

You know... It looks like I made a blunder there. I simply can't find anything to support my statement. I must have mistaken SE with something else added to WDRT around that time.

I've edited the post you quoted to remove the incorrect information.

Thanks..

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You know... It looks like I made a blunder there. I simply can't find anything to support my statement. I must have mistaken SE with something else added to WDRT around that time.

I've edited the post you quoted to remove the incorrect information.

Thanks..

No problem. Would've been nice for it to have been though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99