The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-06-2016 06:22 PM
65 123
tools
    Woaaahhhh!!! West. You sure you want to be that cutting edge brother? And also, Jeemo. Take your time mate. As long as that Icon dont steal you away from us that is! >_< :@

-- W
    xD no need to worry there. Fortunately the work has already been done with with Lumias. I got it on release preview ring running 14393, interop and cap unlocked, my desired tweaks applied, and all apps setup (started from scratch, didn't restore). I literally have no reason to mess around with the Icon because it works exactly how I want it to. My SE was also how I wanted it to be; I'm furthering research on it for the sake of others who might want to do more, and also to hopefully be able to have custom ROMs. Imagine setting up your phone from scratch, all the apps you want, everything you don't want has been removed. And then you make that your ROM. **** something up on your phone? Flash your rom back. Don't like the new insider update? Flash your rom back. Even if we couldn't make custom roms, just imagine how much time would be saved by being able to flash back to 14393 instead of 8.0.
    08-18-2016 05:52 PM
    xD no need to worry there. Fortunately the work has already been done with with Lumias. I got it on release preview ring running 14393, interop and cap unlocked, my desired tweaks applied, and all apps setup (started from scratch, didn't restore). I literally have no reason to mess around with the Icon because it works exactly how I want it to. My SE was also how I wanted it to be; I'm furthering research on it for the sake of others who might want to do more, and also to hopefully be able to have custom ROMs. Imagine setting up your phone from scratch, all the apps you want, everything you don't want has been removed. And then you make that your ROM. **** something up on your phone? Flash your rom back. Don't like the new insider update? Flash your rom back. Even if we couldn't make custom roms, just imagine how much time would be saved by being able to flash back to 14393 instead of 8.0.
    hell yes i wondered that while using the flash back to 8.0 steps why aint there no 8.1 or 10 image out there? can we not image our phones, we can only just write to them?
    08-18-2016 05:57 PM
    Also....

08-18-2016 05:59 PM
    hell yes i wondered that while using the flash back to 8.0 steps why aint there no 8.1 or 10 image out there? can we not image our phones, we can only just write to them?
    Well, the issue is that the hardware that's part of bootchain verification has been signed/instructed as a Retail/Product unit. This means that it can only accept images that have been signed with Samsung's Retail signature. Even if we made an image, it wouldn't allow flashing. and even if we bypassed that, it wouldn't boot (which is why we need that SecureBoot exploit). The leaked 8.0 images were R (Retail) and P (Production/Engineering). When you have WP8_Binary_Downloader open and you plug in your phone, you'll see that it says Retail or Product. That means it will only accept the R image. If yours says something else, you should try the P image!
    08-18-2016 06:04 PM
    Dont install 14905.1000 its buggy as a mofo
    Jeemo likes this.
    08-18-2016 10:35 PM
    Dont install 14905.1000 its buggy as a mofo
    If you intend on resetting it anyway, please try a hard reset first and let us know how it is for a day
    08-19-2016 01:42 AM
    Can I also request if Jeemo can do an image extract of the old MS Health and Fitness xapp from his Icon? MS Health is absolute turd.

-- W
    08-19-2016 02:34 AM
    If you intend on resetting it anyway, please try a hard reset first and let us know how it is for a day
    Ok ive been to lazy to reset re: Redoing start menu but it seems to have leveled itself out. Id upgrade it from a stay away to yeah maybe at this point.
    08-19-2016 05:50 AM
    Ok ive been to lazy to reset re: Redoing start menu but it seems to have leveled itself out. Id upgrade it from a stay away to yeah maybe at this point.
    Why not just make a backup on 14905 before hard resetting, and then restore that? FWIW you aren't required to restore your most current backup. If you don't want to restore your 14905 backup (like if you flash back to 8.0 and work your way back to 14393), you could do a hard reset once you're at 14393 and restore your most recent backup prior to you 14905 upgrade.
    08-19-2016 01:23 PM
    Why not just make a backup on 14905 before hard resetting, and then restore that? FWIW you aren't required to restore your most current backup. If you don't want to restore your 14905 backup (like if you flash back to 8.0 and work your way back to 14393), you could do a hard reset once you're at 14393 and restore your most recent backup prior to you 14905 upgrade.
    Tbh ive never really restored a backup cause of liability to screw up the upgrade process from 8 to 10 but does it re-config the start menu too?
    Jeemo likes this.
    08-19-2016 03:28 PM
    Tbh ive never really restored a backup cause of liability to screw up the upgrade process from 8 to 10 but does it re-config the start menu too?
    Yea I usually avoid restoring as well. But yes, I believe it does keep your start configuration. On my last restore it did, at least. Regardless of whether or not you restore, just make sure you take screenshots of your start screen and app list, and that you save the screenshot on your sd card or onedrive
    08-19-2016 06:05 PM
    Hey guys - is there any way to get 'Glance Screen' working on our Ativ SE? I like how it works on my Lumia 830; on our Samsung phones, when I 'wake it up' to see the lock screen, if I don't touch anything, after about 3 seconds, the screen dims for just another second or two. Is there some way to keep this 'dimmed' lock screen alive?
    08-19-2016 07:31 PM
    Can I also request if Jeemo can do an image extract of the old MS Health and Fitness xapp from his Icon? MS Health is absolute turd.

-- W
    MS health & fitness - Post #11
    08-20-2016 02:49 PM
    UPDATE:

Parts of the tutorial which are complete:
    8.1.1 w/ basic elevated dev unlock
    Hard Reset resulting in permanent 8.0/8.1 Interop/Cap unlock, modifications (I'll explain them in the tutorial when it's updated), phone already prepared to update to Win 10

Getting closer. Working with Gustave on testing Interop Tools for our phone (additional feature support for the SE is possible). Still waiting on a few other things before I'll be able to finish the basic tutorial.

Edit: My Ativ SE literally runs 14393.82 better than my Lumia Icon.
    Last edited by Jeemo; 08-24-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    08-23-2016 12:10 PM
    Jeemo,

You still working on features for the SE?

- RW
    12-06-2016 06:22 PM
65 123