New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10?

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
ffs that stupid sdksetup didnt download the right tools or sumthin im running win 10 on my laptop and i ticked all the boxes.

I'll check it out. Hold tight for now, I can't get to it for another 20 hours or so. It's late here and I need to get some sleep then go to work all day tomorrow. Don't worry, we'll figure it out.

Anyone else available to help?

- RW

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
ok im in windows 10 now build 10586.107 mission successful. i think umm people are supposed to run that install for the lite sdk in the ativ se zip file? i cant tell because the vscom 2015 installed it and i was able to carry on with the steps. luckily im on fibre so that vs 2015 download n install wasnt super long but yeah it took a massive like 15gigs or something. i deleted it after cause i don't develop.

Last edited:

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
ok my bug report so far for build 10586.494

Standard windows phone camera app:
Photos:
main camera: no (seems to freeze during shutter moment)
selfie cam: yes
Videos:
main camera: yes
selfie cam: yes

Ativ Camera app:
everything seems to work.

Tetris Blitz performance is very choppy practically unplayable

Last edited:

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Its smarter if you just install the SDKLite tools instead WestNZ, it installs much quicker, and the entire installation is self contained. I accidentally ended up installing the entire SDK Tools one time, and it took forever both to install and uninstall, unnecessary pain if you ask me. And yes, it is actually recommended to use the ATIV camera app for the time being as the MS Camera app is still a mess for us folks on the ATIV, and in some peoples opinion, for the entire WM community at large. So we're actually fortunate to have the native ATIV camera app work so well for us so far, even after the update and the difference in system/OS architecture now.

And I dont play Tetris Blitz so I cant comment on that or its performance. Sorry. :(

-- W

westnz

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Its smarter if you just install the SDKLite tools instead WestNZ, it installs much quicker, and the entire installation is self contained. I accidentally ended up installing the entire SDK Tools one time, and it took forever both to install and uninstall, unnecessary pain if you ask me. And yes, it is actually recommended to use the ATIV camera app for the time being as the MS Camera app is still a mess for us folks on the ATIV, and in some peoples opinion, for the entire WM community at large. So we're actually fortunate to have the native ATIV camera app work so well for us so far, even after the update and the difference in system/OS architecture now.

And I dont play Tetris Blitz so I cant comment on that or its performance. Sorry. :(

-- W

cool umm have you played any games on this build? ie what im getting at is if this is an isolated problem with tetris blitz or game wide on the system.

thanks.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I usually dont game on my phones so I cant say much about it, the only game I ever or sometimes play on my phones is Microsoft Solitaire Collection. And sadly, it plays just as badly on my ATIV SE as it did on my 521, and this is both on WP 8.1, and WM10. :(

-- W

Karanveer Singh

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10

Hi,
I tried that but everything worked like a charm until the phone got stuck while starting during update procedure. Any luck that it can be brought online again?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, just download and use the WDRT tools, and flash your device back to WP8.1 and we're good to go Karanveer. :)

Check the instructions for that.

-- W

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Hi,
I tried that but everything worked like a charm until the phone got stuck while starting during update procedure. Any luck that it can be brought online again?

Yes, just download and use the WDRT tools, and flash your device back to WP8.1 and we're good to go Karanveer. :)

Check the instructions for that.

-- W

I have a short guide on my thread here I provide a link to the flashing program in that short guide.

- RW

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yasss, thank you RW, sorry I forgot to quote the link to your thread there friend. I keep confusing which of the two threads it is, all the darn time! :(

Stupid, I know.

Edit: I just realised I was on the right thread, and now I feel even more retarded. :p

-- W

Karanveer Singh

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
well Thanks a ton! That did it. I've again tried updating the phone to windows phone 10, it worked good this time, no bricked phones. The phone has been updated to windows 8.10.14219.341, thereafter it isn't showing any updates to windows 10....

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Yasss, thank you RW, sorry I forgot to quote the link to your thread there friend. I keep confusing which of the two threads it is, all the darn time! :(

Stupid, I know.

Edit: I just realised I was on the right thread, and now I feel even more retarded. :p

-- W

well Thanks a ton! That did it. I've again tried updating the phone to windows phone 10, it worked good this time, no bricked phones. The phone has been updated to windows 8.10.14219.341, thereafter it isn't showing any updates to windows 10....

No problem W. We all have those moments once in a while.:winktongue:

Your welcome, Karanveer. I believe you should now have a choice in Settings -> Update and security for Windows Insider Program. If so, you may need to set up for the Fast Ring under that so you can get the latest updates. (I had to) Then you can uninstall the WIP app on the phone. It is no longer needed for Redstone builds.

- RW

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site

My Ativ-Se Verizon will not update. I have went thru this guide precisely. I have gone thru the other guide on windows central precisely at least 4 times including re flashing back to 8.0 twice. I am using "RM-927_nam_vzw_100" in the appropriate places since I am on Verizon service. When I check for updates my phone continuously says "your phone is up to date". Any advice will be appreciated.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

My Ativ-Se Verizon will not update. I have went thru this guide precisely. I have gone thru the other guide on windows central precisely at least 4 times including re flashing back to 8.0 twice. I am using "RM-927_nam_vzw_100" in the appropriate places since I am on Verizon service. When I check for updates my phone continuously says "your phone is up to date". Any advice will be appreciated.

Diesel,

First, if you didn't do it initially, reboot your phone. Sometimes it's as simple as that. If that doesn't work, remove the "_nam_vzw_100" in the registry keys and reboot your phone. If that works you can then put the Verizon registry values back in. If it doesn't work, PM Jeemo; he may be able to help also. I've learned a lot about our beloved ATIV SE phones, of which a great deal came from him. On that note, I may be missing something here, since I can't see your phone settings but I'm hoping you get it working. If you have any more questions, or troubles, feel free to ask.

- RW

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the forward rmabwing5. I suggested that he try Upgrade Advisor with the Verizon-trailed Icon values, and to get the other DeviceTargetingInfo values from someone running a stock Icon at 8.1.1 if necessary (like the firmware revision, for example). I'm looking forward to his results, as the information would be very useful for adjusting both of our tutorials for anyone starting fresh going forward.

Dieselrod1, let us know if you have issues getting more values from the Icon (if that's necessary). Someone in these threads might have an Icon. We/you also could also make a post in the Lumia Icon subforum requesting this info. I made a thread requesting that several months ago and got no replies, but it could have just been a result of timing.

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site

I located a screen shot of user shantahan?s ICON. I plugged in the following values, rebooted, and bam my verizon Ativ-se found the updates.
PhoneHardwareVarient: RM-927
PhoneManufacturer: NOKIA
PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-927_nam_vzw_100
PhoneModelName: Lumia 929
Screenshot (3).png

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
So, I'm back, and I have a question folks. WC is saying all release ring phones have been shifted, including those on the Release Preview, to the RTM RedStone builds. Can any of the good folks here with spare or testing phones confirm this over our ATIVs too? And whether we have hard reset capabilities returned to us on our devices or not?

I'm asking first instead of trying this myself because I want to hold back on any potentially phone breaking updates until I know we have the Hard Resets back on RedStone too since this is my primary, and I think we have all recorded the amount of trouble I have had the last time I tried going from 8.1 to 10 again on my phone. :(

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Also, could some kind soul please direct me towards tethering/mobile hotspot values? It is driving me crazy. And insane. Because all of my data keeps going to waste because I cant share it between my devices. Pretty pretty please? I'm obviously not a Verizon customer, God forbid, and I know that there is a tethering workaround based on registry changes, because that is how we ended up spoofing our way to WM10 in the first place. So yes, help? :)

-- W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077