New and Improved Update Guide for Upgrading the Samsung ATIV SE to Win 10?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey, my phone is working great on windows 10, only issues are random bluetooth n APN, I AM Unable to change apn.
Current apn: vzwinternet
New apn i want to add: WWW (vodafone)
I tried adding new apn but its not taking the changes.
You need to search these boards and find a registry editor. There are a couple of reg edits you need to do to change APNs and get tethering going. They are:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX\HideMMSAPN - The value needs to be 0 (zero).

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX\HideAPN - This value also needs to be 0.

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings\EntitlementRequired - You guessed it, put a 0 in it.

mobilenme

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
the WPH Tweaks we downloaded/pushed during upgrade its not opening in Windows 10 (after upgrade)
asking for upgrade of WPH Tweaks from market place but its not available there. any suggestion?

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
the WPH Tweaks we downloaded/pushed during upgrade its not opening in Windows 10 (after upgrade)
asking for upgrade of WPH Tweaks from market place but its not available there. any suggestion?

Sorry I haven't responded yet as I previously promised (same goes to people who have PMed me; been a busy week, just accepted a new job). If you're already on Windows 10, go to Settings > Update > For Developers, enable Developer Mode. Then you can sideload most apps. Look at Interop Tools.

danslb

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So here is an update, I?m not on insider and last night it updated to 10.0.14393.189 - the camera app seems to be working properly now.
I have not mentioned this before because it seemed to be random and I was waiting to see if it would go away: since TH1, there is a problem with charging. Sometimes the phone will not detect the cable, and will just not charge, even after unplugging and plugging it back in a few times. Sometimes it just take about a whole minute to toggle charging on. Sometimes it will charge but very slowly. After being on charge all night, this morning it was barely at 70%. I have tried this with different configs of cables+chargers and in different sockets around the house and results seem to be random.
Another problem I have been having since TH1: I can't get additional languages to download. I add them in the languages menu and under each language I add it says that a download is needed, however they never do download.

mrspidey

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on the job Jeemo.

Can anybody else help me out please as I am stuck?

I flashed back to stock, started again, upgraded to 306, changed the registry settings as per tutorial, and got stuck in the part where I'm trying to find the .341 update @ step 19. I just keep getting the same error:

There was a temporary issue with a server or your Internet connection during the update. (801881d0)

Thanks

danslb

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on the job Jeemo.

Can anybody else help me out please as I am stuck?

I flashed back to stock, started again, upgraded to 306, changed the registry settings as per tutorial, and got stuck in the part where I'm trying to find the .341 update @ step 19. I just keep getting the same error:

There was a temporary issue with a server or your Internet connection during the update. (801881d0)

Thanks

That happened to me the first time as well. I first had a problem at step 17, where I was not able to join any of the insider rings (do you also have this?). This seems to be a requirement for getting the .341 update. I?m not sure what the reason was for not being able to join any of the rings, but probably I did wrong during my first attempt. Try a hard reset (or two) before trying step 17.

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Was going to try out this new guide since I am stuck on 10.586, but can't get my Windows 10 64bit laptop to recognize my ATIV when it is in download mode. Was going to go back to 8.0 and start from scratch, but can't get it to recognize it in the flashing app to roll back to Win 8.0.

Got interop loop tools installed, but adjusting the registry values won't push it to update beyond 10.586. Pretty frustrating. Really want the new builds, and was willing to live with some minor bugs, but to the point of almost looking at a Nokia 735 since I am on Verizon, or maybe even going to an Android phone, which I really don't like. Will not even consider an IPhone.

Hayes Cooper19

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I would advise against buying a 735. Honestly, the Snapdragon 400 is so weak that you'll encounter lag just navigating through the OS. You can get an open box Lumia Icon on eBay for $160, which would be a much better value. If you do decide to buy a 735, definitely buy it on ebay. You can get them manufacturer refurbished for $75.

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
It seems I have run into a brick wall with my fast ring updating. about one week ago my phone updated to 14926.1000. After the update I could not get a carrier signal. I tried a soft reset with no luck. The only thing left to do in my mind, since I needed my phone service, was to do a hard reset. After the hard reset i got my carrier signal back. I was surprised that after the hard reset I was still on 14926.1000. I did regain my carrier signal. Now the bad news.
I cannot sign into anything microsoft. This means no: outlook, onedrive, Windows insider. When I try to log into my microsoft account under my "Your info" I get a popoup asking me If I want to search for App in the store. When I click yes I get a sad face and "Try that again", and "refresh the page". Under refresh the page I get the info ""The error code is one in case you need it". tapping refresh just loops back to the same page.
When I go to the insider program under update and security I have a "Fix Me" button. pressing this button gets me a popup asking "Hey! Are You an Insider? You need to sign in with a Microsoft account to get insider preview builds." I click on sign in and my phone loops back to the start screen.
I have done multiple soft and hard resets and I am now stuck with no way to get new updates which might repair my problem.
I have also installed the interop tool to change my registry values to try to use the windows 10 repair tool but it does not recognize my phone as a supported phone.
So My question to all of you ATIV se Einsteins,(drum roll please) must I flash back to windows 8 and begin mu journey all over again?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Sadly. DieselRod. You never hard reset on the fast and slow rings. That is what we all explicitly state everytime. Hard resets are only for the preview release rings, because thats where the backend cabs are built up and shipped with the ROMs. As the app update packages are separate rolling releases on the OS as well. Without those. Your hard reset yields an install of WM10 without all those needed system apps. And since our phones dont have stock WM10 shipping with/for them. The base rom does not include it either. So you're stuck in a house with no furniture. The hard reset (Correction: Roll Back to WP 8/8.1) is your recommended route back onto WM10. And preferably. If you dont want to repeat these pangs of regret again, opt for the Release Preview and AU this time around. :)

-- W

Last edited:

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Sadly. DieselRod. You never hard reset on the fast and slow rings. That is what we all explicitly state everytime. Hard resets are only for the preview release rings, because thats where the backend cabs are built up and shipped with the ROMs. As the app update packages are separate rolling releases on the OS as well. Without those. Your hard reset yields an install of WM10 without all those needed system apps. And since our phones dont have stock WM10 shipping with/for them. The base rom does not include it either. So you're stuck in a house with no furniture. The hard reset is your recommended route back onto WM10. And preferably. If you dont want to repeat these pangs of regret again, opt for the Release Preview and AU this time around. :)

-- W

Dieselrod1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply werentuckl. I guess I was confused on the hard reset issue. Unfortunately I am still confused. I think you stated that a hard reset got me into this mess. But at the end of your post I think you are saying I need to do a hard reset? Did you mean I need to flash back to 8.0?

danslb

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply werentuckl. I guess I was confused on the hard reset issue. Unfortunately I am still confused. I think you stated that a hard reset got me into this mess. But at the end of your post I think you are saying I need to do a hard reset? Did you mean I need to flash back to 8.0?

For flashing back to 8.0 I also had a problem with not recognizing the Ativ SE in download mode. I was stuck. After installing everything over again a few times, and again waiting and waiting, windows prompted a system update, so I went to see and low and behold it was actually an update for Samsung drivers. After installing that, the device was recognized and I was able to flash to 8.0. Don't despair, keep on trying.

rmabwing5

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
It seems I have run into a brick wall with my fast ring updating. about one week ago my phone updated to 14926.1000. After the update I could not get a carrier signal. I tried a soft reset with no luck. The only thing left to do in my mind, since I needed my phone service, was to do a hard reset. After the hard reset i got my carrier signal back. I was surprised that after the hard reset I was still on 14926.1000. I did regain my carrier signal. Now the bad news.
I cannot sign into anything microsoft. This means no: outlook, onedrive, Windows insider. When I try to log into my microsoft account under my "Your info" I get a popoup asking me If I want to search for App in the store. When I click yes I get a sad face and "Try that again", and "refresh the page". Under refresh the page I get the info ""The error code is one in case you need it". tapping refresh just loops back to the same page.
When I go to the insider program under update and security I have a "Fix Me" button. pressing this button gets me a popup asking "Hey! Are You an Insider? You need to sign in with a Microsoft account to get insider preview builds." I click on sign in and my phone loops back to the start screen.
I have done multiple soft and hard resets and I am now stuck with no way to get new updates which might repair my problem.
I have also installed the interop tool to change my registry values to try to use the windows 10 repair tool but it does not recognize my phone as a supported phone.
So My question to all of you ATIV se Einsteins,(drum roll please) must I flash back to windows 8 and begin mu journey all over again?

Sadly. DieselRod. You never hard reset on the fast and slow rings. That is what we all explicitly state everytime. Hard resets are only for the preview release rings, because thats where the backend cabs are built up and shipped with the ROMs. As the app update packages are separate rolling releases on the OS as well. Without those. Your hard reset yields an install of WM10 without all those needed system apps. And since our phones dont have stock WM10 shipping with/for them. The base rom does not include it either. So you're stuck in a house with no furniture. The hard reset (Correction: Roll Back to WP 8/8.1) is your recommended route back onto WM10. And preferably. If you dont want to repeat these pangs of regret again, opt for the Release Preview and AU this time around. :)

-- W

Woops, sorry. Roll back. I meant. To WP8/8.1. My apologies dear friend. :)

-- W

Hey all, I just updated my phones to the latest Fast Ring build of 14926.1000 and I lost my cell coverage and the keyboard. The phones indicate no SIM card. They both use Tracfone; one CDMA (Verizon) the other GSM (AT&T). I made the mistake of resetting both phones (using the Reset phone function in settings) in which they hung up on the shut down process. I pulled the battery and rebooted. After the reset I got my SIM card back and the keyboard, but no Microsoft account access. I guess it's back to 8.0 for me.

- RW

mrspidey

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
No issue on joining but I'll try hard reset now. Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion danslb, but even after a hard reset, I still get this when trying to update to .341:

I am able to download call settings and windows insider no problem so its highly doubtful it is the internet connection. FYI I am 5m away from the router on a 200mb fibre line.

Any other suggestions?

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Quick question about time between updates.

Finally got my system to jump for 10.586 to 14393.189 (thank you Jeemo! for the settings a couple pages back).

My question is how long between updates do you normally have to wait before it is willing to update again?

I tried jumping straight to the next update without installing anything per Jeemo's instructions, but I just keep getting the "Your system is up to date". I am on the Release Candidates ring, as this is my daily driver.

Just trying to get an idea if I am doing something wrong. So far 14393 is pretty smooth and the battery is doing fairly well, though it took 3 or 4 reboots for it to calm down because the back got REALLY HOT at first. Scared me a bit.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, I just updated my phones to the latest Fast Ring build of 14926.1000 and I lost my cell coverage and the keyboard. The phones indicate no SIM card. They both use Tracfone; one CDMA (Verizon) the other GSM (AT&T). I made the mistake of resetting both phones (using the Reset phone function in settings) in which they hung up on the shut down process. I pulled the battery and rebooted. After the reset I got my SIM card back and the keyboard, but no Microsoft account access. I guess it's back to 8.0 for me.

- RW
Same thing with me! No carrier; actually...no nothing! I can't even unlock my lock screen; none of the numbers show up; can't get into my phone at all. What a mess.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo